I need a better way to secure my escs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
What are you guys using to secure your non Arrma escs in your cars? I had the Max8 secured using that little plate that came with it but the tabs broke off that and my Mamba Monster 2 I tried using 3m automotive double sided tape but it keeps coming off, yes I cleaned everything with 90% ipa before I lay down the tape. I would like to avoid having to use zip ties.

I use the m2c esc plates with holes in the bottom of the esc and 3m outdoor mounting tape...
20210321_162432.jpg

What are you guys using to secure your non Arrma escs in your cars? I had the Max8 secured using that little plate that came with it but the tabs broke off that and my Mamba Monster 2 I tried using 3m automotive double sided tape but it keeps coming off, yes I cleaned everything with 90% ipa before I lay down the tape. I would like to avoid having to use zip ties.
I came across some ESC holders yesterday when searching for hop-ups, I think they were more meant for protection than anything else, but pretty certain they had mounting points, just an idea if you've seen them before they may be totally unsuitable..🤷‍♂️. But what I really posted to say was haven't used it for ESC as I haven't bought the car yet... but I used to use it at work and have since bought for myself for a multitude of other things, its effectively the same type of tape as what people refer to as 3m I believe, its the clear gel type tape that leaves no residue it's :-
Sanojtape PREMIUM Acrylic Foam Tape
Which is a High-Performance Acrylic Foam tape
its available in a variety of sizes, and again is a clear gel/foam tape, I can't state it's better than 3m , but I can state its Very Very Good Quality, and no idea why its called foam lol

179718446_469502417490423_9181641873348198660_n.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to avoid having to use zip ties.

i know you don’t want to but zip ties are a really good solution. they are cheap, easy to secure, easy to remove and do an effective job of holding the ESC down.

I don’t trust plastic mounting tabs after I crashed my Typhon hard enough to break the tabs and launch the ESC. Double sided tape isn’t as obtrusive but more of a pain to remove than clipping a zip tie.

3M Scotch 1 in. x 11.1 yds. Permanent Double Sided Extreme Mounting Tape

https://www.homedepot.com/p/205507375

I use marine grade adhesive and glue my escs to something I can bolt on to the truck. My big rock esc is massive and always fell off of the double sided tape until I got sick of it and glued it right to the receiver box cover. Never had a problem and nothing to complain about since. I might use a polycarbonate sheet to glue the esc to then bolt that down but it’s hard to get stuff to stick to pc.

taking the esc off will be a different story but it won’t be going anywhere unless it blows up and I have to take it off.

I have been thinking about this type of hold down design. This example is for automotive batteries, and is used by German OEMs and a few Japanese car makes too. Very secure and doesn't interfere with the component like zip ties. For an ESC, it would be easy to whip out on the mill. I use Gorilla/3m gel tape on my 1/10 buggies, but I need to replace it often, so I wouldn't consider tape to be Arrma Tough.
570-turn1-1440x1011__62645.1574859668.jpg

570-side1__59541.1574859779.jpg

Is it not possible to use the Mr Duke method? Have they holes to tap into?
The MM2 does not have holes in the bottom of it.
I use protek double sided probably just 3m rebranded but it’s been good so far
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...SOEy0lmpSt2QUFjzRHxHGAXJhmyqjqBQaAoOwEALw_wcB
This appears to be the stuff @Yas posted.
I use the m2c esc plates with holes in the bottom of the esc and 3m outdoor mounting tape...View attachment 142997
I'll probably end up getting one of those for my Outcast.
I came across some ESC holders yesterday when searching for hop-ups, I think they were more meant for protection than anything else, but pretty certain they had mounting points, just an idea if you've seen them before they may be totally unsuitable..🤷‍♂️. But what I really posted to say was haven't used it for ESC as I haven't bought the car yet... but I used to use it at work and have since bought for myself for a multitude of other things, its effectively the same type of tape as what people refer to as 3m I believe, its the clear gel type tape that leaves no residue it's :-
Sanojtape PREMIUM Acrylic Foam Tape
Which is a High-Performance Acrylic Foam tape
its available in a variety of sizes, and again is a clear gel/foam tape, I can't state it's better than 3m , but I can state its Very Very Good Quality, and no idea why its called foam lol

View attachment 143017
If you are talking about the RPM esc cages they suck and are basically worthless.

The Outcast I'll probably end up getting the M2C mounting plate.
For the Vorza I think I'm going to try this https://www.ebay.com/itm/284148825083?epid=1900457552&hash=item422896fbfb:g:8nkAAOSwr2BgAbOR
And still on the fence for what to get for the ET48.3. If I use zip ties I can only run one the short side if I run one on the long side it will push the esc wires into the center drive shaft.

Last edited:
Last edited:
shoe goo never moves

Damn you must be beating that thing up real hard when you even break the Hobbywing mounting plate lmao

Damn you must be beating that thing up real hard when you even break the Hobbywing mounting plate lmao
Only thing other than a few rod ends that I have broken on my Vorza.

Back