Big Rock I need advice on steering bearings, pillow balls, and servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
My v1 BRCC steering is really loose and needs some TLC. The composite ball joints are really worn down. Would Hot Racing aluminum ball joints be best? Also, I'm going to replace the plastic steering bushings. For those of you who have replaced them, what size and brand of sealed bearings did you use? Would upgrading to the v3 steering parts set be a good idea too? Lastly the stock servo is still going believe it or not. It does a weird twitching thing sometimes, but still seems to work hah. Any recommendations on a servo?

Yes HR aluminum pivot balls work great, not sure on the steering bearings but you can get whole steering assembly on https://jennysrc.com/ for not even $3 and has sealed bearings already, now I believe it is the new v3 so not sure if they will fit on v1? Hear a lot of good things about the cheaper eBay/Amazon servos that run about $20-$25 but I still have my stock running fine so haven't personally dealt with one.
IMG_20201028_080013624.jpg

Here is the steering assembly I got from JennysRC and like I said has sealed bearings already installed and for less than $3

Yes HR aluminum pivot balls work great, not sure on the steering bearings but you can get whole steering assembly on https://jennysrc.com/ for not even $3 and has sealed bearings already, now I believe it is the new v3 so not sure if they will fit on v1? Hear a lot of good things about the cheaper eBay/Amazon servos that run about $20-$25 but I still have my stock running fine so haven't personally dealt with one.View attachment 106748
Here is the steering assembly I got from JennysRC and like I said has sealed bearings already installed and for less than $3
Ha, and $4.75 for shipping...go figure.

Is still a good deal for new assembly with sealed bearings, might check out what else they have as you can't beat their prices to make it worth the shipping. I'd browse through the brcc stuff and also the Granite 3s BLX as most parts are the same besides tie rods/turn buckles, center drive shaft etc as brcc is LWB chassis over SWB on the Granite. Ya I agree on the shipping had planned to order new diff assembly, towers and a servo for my K6s and they wanted to charge $12 shipping but I took servo off order and shipping dropped to normal $5? Would think more you spend less shipping should cost not more?

Whether you use the aluminum pivot balls or not, the turnbuckle ends in the steering linkage wear out. Call it a consumable. With the plastic pivot balls, they both wear out. Get the HR balls and their steering rack. Replace any worn out turnbuckle ends.

Whether you use the aluminum pivot balls or not, the turnbuckle ends in the steering linkage wear out. Call it a consumable. With the plastic pivot balls, they both wear out. Get the HR balls and their steering rack. Replace any worn out turnbuckle ends.
What would you suggest for a servo?

i would go for the steel pivot balls by associated they don’t wear out full stop , the hot racing are a lot harder wearing than the chocolate factory parts but they wear out and start getting knotchy with scoring from sand and grit . The standard bell crank can be made to have no slop with some simple shims , search it

Back