i NEEd bigger pinon gear! HelP please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
i have a 20t pinon on my Fazon now but with the belted tires it killed my top end. the truck don't even wind all the way out. i want to put a 25T pinon and a 44 spur but cant find a spur no where. so will the 25t pinon fit without any cutting? and where do i find one. i thing i need a robison 25t 5mm mod 1 pinon. tell me if im right or wrong? someone please help

If you feel you can't reach top speed after changing tires only,you should try a smaller pinion. Gearing up even higher will make your problem worse and create more heat.You may want to make sure that it's the tires and not anything else like your gear mesh first.

If you feel you can't reach top speed after changing tires only,you should try a smaller pinion. Gearing up even higher will make your problem worse and create more heat.You may want to make sure that it's the tires and not anything else like your gear mesh first.
It was hauling ass when I had stock tires. I changed the tires and nothing else

You might want to try changing them out again to make sure it is the tires, if so try a 17 or 18t pinion to help the motor rms climb more efficiently. You might want to check your temps also.

You might want to try changing them out again to make sure it is the tires, if so try a 17 or 18t pinion to help the motor rms climb more efficiently. You might want to check your temps also.
I'm already running a20t with no over heating.

Okay, I thought you said it wouldn't wind out since the tire swap, obviously it must take more energy to turn the new tires, one correction would be gearing down a bit, not up. Just trying to help but if you gear up then it will need even more to turn the tires. Or you could consider a motor swap.

Okay, I thought you said it wouldn't wind out since the tire swap, obviously it must take more energy to turn the new tires, one correction would be gearing down a bit, not up. Just trying to help but if you gear up then it will need even more to turn the tires. Or you could consider a motor swap.

What will fit a fazon?

I have plenty motor with my stock motor just the gearing space is limited

Buy a 2200kv motor of the same diamension(4072) and you will have alot of speed with stock gearing!Your batteries will suffer and your esc will need more like 200a to handle.I think the Fazon isn't a good truck to try for higher speeds,to heavy.

His tires are only affecting it because when they balloon they change the gear ratio giving u more top end. When u get rid of ballooning u loose top end. The only way to compensate for it is to gear up.

Buy a 2200kv motor of the same diamension(4072) and you will have alot of speed with stock gearing!Your batteries will suffer and your esc will need more like 200a to handle.I think the Fazon isn't a good truck to try for higher speeds,to heavy.
Thinking of
His tires are only affecting it because when they balloon they change the gear ratio giving u more top end. When u get rid of ballooning u loose top end. The only way to compensate for it is to gear up.
Exactly!

Fuk it I'm cutting and putting 27t on 2 be continued!

Thinking of

Exactly!

Fuk it I'm cutting and putting 27t on 2 be continued!
If ur out of room for gearing more kV maybe the only answer just make sure u get a 2200kv that can handle 6s most of the cheap ones are 4 and 5s rated

If ur out of room for gearing more kV maybe the only answer just make sure u get a 2200kv that can handle 6s most of the cheap ones are 4 and 5s rated
The system Arrma built is great. I'm running the shyt out a 20t now and no heating. It can handle more trust me.

I hope it works out for you.

You must have tons of ground to gear it like that. I am a backyard guy and the stock gearing is enough for me.

if the motor mount is about the same size as the senton/typhon you'll only be able to fit a 25t pinion in it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back