Notorious I need some very strong shocks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shookknight20

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
Anyone know the best shocks, manly the shock shafts and ends are my problem keep bending and breaking and its driving me nuts.... I mean I'm only like 20 feet or so in the air! Please help can't take it anymore

If you're bending stock shafts you will bend anything else available on the market as well. The only shocks I am aware of that have thicker shafts are GPMs and every single person I know that has tried them said they were complete :poop: the rod ends are made of glass and break, the shafts will bend, you will break pistons and they leak.

Odd as I launch my Noto sometimes a good 30ft up and have yet to bend a shaft and only broke one rod end on a upside down landing from like 25-30ft. I'd suggest like above adjust your droop a bit lower and make sure the shocks are not super firm. When they are really firm the shocks absorb all the impact and will cause the truck to bounce on impacts. Can try lightening the shock oil and make sure shock collars are not cranked all the way down so suspension is softer to better absorb the impact and have smoother landings.

Ohhh well maybe that's my problem for I have gpms...... lmao damn yea been thru a few I think I'll be going back to stock, there not terrible but yea these gpms really do bend way to dam easy and I'll make sure to check droop too thx guys

I want to get some just to see how bad they are 😆.

The only GPM I have is the 17mm capped wheel nuts and they've been great.

I didn't bend mine, but you can't even fill them correctly, and you can't avoid air in the shock.
There probably is a way, but not worth the time and effort. As soon as you get it done they leak or have some other issue.
They are now in the box of shame of wrong parts or other stuff that doesn't work right. Naturally I won't throw them away because we are all wired like that...maybe some day they will work....

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

6s shocks are the best OE shock. Bending shafts is user error. Cartwheeling etc. Droop setting is key here. also. The rod ends are a weak link if anything. I use Tekno rod ends. Problem solved. No reason to source an aftermarket 6s shock replacement at all. Wasting your money and time. $$ better spent elsewhere. Work on your driving skills better. Want a better than stock shock? Try a set of $Tekno's$. Just not necessary however IMHO.
OE 4x4 line of shocks are a different animal. They just suck. So most will go with 6s Typhon shocks as replacements. For a reason. They are durable.
Just me.

6s shocks are the best OE shock. Bending shafts is user error. Cartwheeling etc. Droop setting is key here. also. The rod ends are a weak link if anything. I use Tekno rod ends. Problem solved. No reason to source an aftermarket 6s shock replacement at all. Wasting your money and time. $$ better spent elsewhere. Work on your driving skills better. Want a better than stock shock? Try a set of $Tekno's$. Just not necessary however IMHO.
OE 4x4 line of shocks are a different animal. They just suck. So most will go with 6s Typhon shocks as replacements. For a reason. They are durable.
Just me.
Actually everyone is using Mojave fronts in the dront and Kraton fronts in the rear because they are cheaper than the Typhon 6s shocks.

^^^ I did notice Mojave shocks recommended alot for the 4x4's lately. Better length I guess. Never thought about it much.
Cheaper is kind of funny. Makes no sense why its that way.

^^^ I did notice Mojave shocks recommended alot for the 4x4's lately. Better length I guess. Never thought about it much.
Yep they work great! Run them on both my Bigrock and Granite. I'd just guess supply and demand on the pricing, just like I got the MEXB and KEXB fronts technically because they were a couple bucks cheaper than the RTR sets on Jenny's which makes absolutely no sense to me besides the roller is a cheaper initial cost for them🤷

mojave's have slightly heavier front springs as an option part. So they work great for beekcake rigs. My kraton springs are extra beefy 12lb in rear 15's in front. Things a tank.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back