I need to “Vent”. Literally!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not vent the tires, and just leave the wheel vents as well?
What is the downside to having both vents? Would leaving the wheel vents as is help a little bith with anything trapped in the inner parts of the wheels?
Or is is soley to keep water out when cleaning?
Not only out for cleaning but wheel hole can let water and dirt in while running.
Centrifugal force will not let water and dirt out of wheel, but fling it to the outside of tire.

Why not vent the tires, and just leave the wheel vents as well?
What is the downside to having both vents? Would leaving the wheel vents as is help a little bith with anything trapped in the inner parts of the wheels?
Or is is soley to keep water out when cleaning?
I’ve thought the same. I think it is to prevent more stuff entering from the inner wheel holes. I don’t really see any other reason.

Not sure if someone mentioned it or not but take a small piece of sand paper and lightly rough the wheel around the hole where the tape will stick. Clean with acetone and then apply the tape. Mine would peel with any tape until I started doing this.

And I agree, use Gorilla tape.

With almost all wheel manufacturers putting holes in wheels, it just makes me wonder why, like there must be a purpose for them?
Maybe its just a carryover from times of old?

If water/debris gets in the inner wheel holes, will it work its way to the outside tire vents? Or will it be trapped between the foam and inner wheel well?

With almost all wheel manufacturers putting holes in wheels, it just makes me wonder why, like there must be a purpose for them?
Maybe its just a carryover from times of old?

If water/debris gets in the inner wheel holes, will it work its way to the outside tire vents? Or will it be trapped between the foam and inner wheel well?
The holes are there to allow air to escape otherwise the beads would blow out.

If water/debris gets in the inner wheel holes, will it work its way to the outside tire vents? Or will it be trapped between the foam and inner wheel well
It will work it's way out to tire vents, if there is water in their and you nail the throttle, centrifugal force will fling water all over the place, but like said above, don't try this indoors unless you want you ceiling painted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back