I need to know am I crazy, or do I just need to stop skipping my "Rc'holics not so anonymous" meetings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Some of you guys will probably think Im crazy, but yet again some might actually understand. After finishing my Kraton 4s to Outcast 4s conversion, and despite the conversion making it 95% like an Outcast 4s (Had the Kraton 4s tires), I still bought another Outcast 4s. I sorta undid everything I had done here. Put it fully back to a Kraton 4s which I sold then bought another Outcast 4s. Now I have an Outcast 4s with a TON of extras. 3 extra chassis's, an unused new extra body, a full set of unused Backflip LP's, shock towers, side guards, T2T, and much more. I almost have enough to build a full rolling chassis. So I am stocked for extras for sure. I also redid all my shocks again with the Hot Racing shock bodies, and installed the Hot Racing sliding motor mount so I could run a 14T RR pinion.

So my question here is this. Am I crazy for doing all of this?

PS: Now that I think about it its even more crazy than what I wrote above. I had just sold an Outcast 4s about 2 months back which I regretted which is what started all this again. So to make it a little "less" confusing here is the order of my madness.

1) Bought Outcast 4s with 4 batteries which I sold.
2) Regretted it almost immediately :unsure: <--- Me thinking about what I had done :oops: <--- Me realizing what I had done :( <--- when it all sunk in
3) Wanted another 4s but decided to get the Kraton 4s so it didnt look so ridiculous (even though it would get much worse) as well as having to rebuy all the batteries I had sold with the first Outcast 4s.
4) Decided I should have just gotten another Outcast 4s so I bought all the parts for the conversion
5) Finished the conversion, but still felt like it wasnt the same thing despite it being 95% the same other than the tires (Had the Kraton 4s tires at the time)
6) Decided to buy another Outcast 4s (So I converted it back to a Kraton 4s which I sold) Keeping my batteries this time. ;)
7) Bought a new Outcast 4s which I now have with A LOT of extra parts and love it.

So Ill ask again. Am I crazy or do I just need to stop skipping my Rc'holics not so anonymous meetings? Most of this in in jest, but at the same time its not so funny, ya know? The addiction is real!

Last edited:
Just to get this straight:
You bought an Outcast 4s, sold that, then bought a Kraton 4s to convert to an Outcast to replace said sold Outcast, then converted it back to a Kraton to sell to buy an Outcast?

I think as long as the onlooker is compassionate, compulsive, and crazy they would say you're totally fine.

Well @Custnam, I agree with @Lovestricken. You do what you do in the moment, cause that's what feels right. It's only a problem if you can't afford it, and do it anyways. But if you have the means, and at least had the wits to sell off the others, than it's all good. Nothing changes that feeling of cracking open a new box, and knowing you'll be the first person to give it a rip. All good, and there's always a place for you at the weekly meetings when you need the rest of us to tell you it's all good.

Just to get this straight:
You bought an Outcast 4s, sold that, then bought a Kraton 4s to convert to an Outcast to replace said sold Outcast, then converted it back to a Kraton to sell to buy an Outcast?

I think as long as the onlooker is compassionate, compulsive, and crazy they would say you're totally fine.

Ummm.....yes you got it straight. :sneaky: First step to getting better is admitting theres a problem.. right?

Johnny... Pass that man a donut ... It's intervention time.
He knows the doors always open and the coffee's always hot (cause we have such a high membership?)

Yeah. You're for sure crazy, addicted, confused, and helpless. Think the only thing to cure you is another OC4S! ??

When is the next meeting. I need one. My life is becoming unmanageable. ?
Because of an overwhelmingly high volume lately, it's open 24/7, 365 now. We hired a barista to make coffee and installed a state of the art oven to bake our own donuts. If Arrma releases any new models this year, we'll have to consider construction of our own building. We have also had talks with our European partners regarding a branch in the UK. Seems our Forum family on the other side of the pond is suffering as much, or worse, than our North American members. The problem is real, and RCNSA is here to help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back