Kraton I need to start with small jumps...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calabash

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 4s
Working on my third battery, went to the skateboard park the next town over and ran on some of the jumps. There was a large one that I tried and it went about 15 feet in the air and came down right on its nose and just stopped. I checked it and the connection came loose. I plugged it back in and the ESC wouldn't go through its cycle and made funny noises when I pulled the trigger. The steering worked OK just the grinding sound from the motor. When I got home I noticed one of the leads from the motor came loose as well, I connected it back up and we're off to the races again...I can't jump worth Sh!t, when the car goes up in the air, it's like I'm hypnotised and fascinated just watching it in the air and don't pull the trigger to try to straighten it out, I know what I'm supposed to do, I just don't do it. practice, practice, practice...

I feel ya there man! When I 1st built my ramp I broke stuff every time I jumped off it- & it's only a foot tall!😆 The smiles & laughs are big, but so is the repair bill when stuff goes sideways (literally sometimes) But you're correct, landing on all 4 tires usually only comes w/ more practice 🙂👍🤘

At a recent family gathering, there was a mound of dirt in the back yard of my cousin so I tried to jump my Kraton and my other cousin took some pictures, I am getting better with the help of having the Outcast as well that is helping me get the hang of jumping and flipping... Wheeeeeeee
Screenshot 2023-04-30 114508.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 114044.png
Screenshot 2023-04-30 114546.png

Working on my third battery, went to the skateboard park the next town over and ran on some of the jumps. There was a large one that I tried and it went about 15 feet in the air and came down right on its nose and just stopped. I checked it and the connection came loose. I plugged it back in and the ESC wouldn't go through its cycle and made funny noises when I pulled the trigger. The steering worked OK just the grinding sound from the motor. When I got home I noticed one of the leads from the motor came loose as well, I connected it back up and we're off to the races again...I can't jump worth Sh!t, when the car goes up in the air, it's like I'm hypnotised and fascinated just watching it in the air and don't pull the trigger to try to straighten it out, I know what I'm supposed to do, I just don't do it. practice, practice, practice...
you will do it without even thinking when you get used to it. just like riding a bike

I never had a car that could jump that much. But today I took mine off a 2 foot and one foot on the other side jump. The trigger for the break slips off my finger nail so I put some silicon tubing over it. But I found you don't want to accelerate when your at the lip of the jump (lift). After landing on the nose I figured out to give it throttle and it leveled out. My breaking attempts resulted in nose into the ground but I got one to level out. It was so satisfying to get it to level out, but it took some trial and error. Going off a small jump really helped, but man you get greedy and go got more speed. Its so cool you can control them in the air like this.

I never had a car that could jump that much. But today I took mine off a 2 foot and one foot on the other side jump. The trigger for the break slips off my finger nail so I put some silicon tubing over it. But I found you don't want to accelerate when your at the lip of the jump (lift). After landing on the nose I figured out to give it throttle and it leveled out. My breaking attempts resulted in nose into the ground but I got one to level out. It was so satisfying to get it to level out, but it took some trial and error. Going off a small jump really helped, but man you get greedy and go got more speed. Its so cool you can control them in the air like this.
the higher you jump the easier it is to correct in the air you have more time with the throttle or brake inputs. I prefer to use full throttle on the take off cause its easier to bring the nose down than to bring the nose up (y)

That seem to be true but brakes seem to make it turn fast, I over correct then throttle. 2nd day of bashing and 20 feet long got to or more. I also tried juicing it at the top and man it was almost vertical. suspension seems to be important as mine kept bouncing and flipping over. Hope the OP got to huck it. Getting used to using the brake seems like the hardest part.

You really need to secure all the wires. Motor wires can use some shrink wrap to keep them together. Other wires need some nylon wire ties. Need to Bash proof all the wiring when you plan on Big Air. Floppy wiring can cause an ESC and/or Lipo fire real easy.:sick: Gets expensive. Been there.
Out the box most Arrmas are a mess with spaghetti wiring all over the place. Take heed. Govern yourself accordingly.;)

You really need to secure all the wires. Motor wires can use some shrink wrap to keep them together. Other wires need some nylon wire ties. Need to Bash proof all the wiring when you plan on Big Air. Floppy wiring can cause an ESC and/or Lipo fire real easy.:sick: Gets expensive. Been there.
Out the box most Arrmas are a mess with spaghetti wiring all over the place. Take heed. Govern yourself accordingly.;)Ex
Excellent information!

Out the box, One of the first things I do is place a Lipo in its tray, connect it, and police up all the wiring well enough. Keep some slack with the ESC /Power Mains, needed to compensate for some inherent chassis Flex. Otherwise the Lipo Connector can pull out with impacts.
Need to picture in your head, wires getting tossed around when bashing very hard. And accommodate any bad extreme wire slack as well. Keeping wiring as low as possible to the chassis, will also keep the Center of Gravity at its lowest.
Always a plus with any rig/platform. (y)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back