Kraton I picked up a new toy today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
When I was at the hobby store getting some parts I needed, I decided to pick up a new toy just to have some fun with. Out of the box,this thing is huge,now I need to figure out what gears work the best for bashing and all around fun. If any of you have one, let me know how you like it.

20220625_154134.jpg

20220625_154424.jpg

Definitely, it weighs enough
I would start with the 20 pound bar bells doing curls. Then work your way up to 30 pound bar bells.
If you plan on running 2 10k+ mah lipos. Work your way up to 40 pound Curls.

Looks great! Same motor/esc as mine but I’m currently running 34/47 gearing. So far I’ve managed to break the front bumper cushion deal, a rear link end and I blew up one of the rear tires last weekend.

Looks great! Same motor/esc as mine but I’m currently running 34/47 gearing. So far I’ve managed to break the front bumper cushion deal, a rear link end and I blew up one of the rear tires last weekend.
How fast is it with the 34 pinion

How fast is it with the 34 pinion

Just ordered a skyrc gnss so I can get a reading. I will try to remember to report back here what this one does and what my outcast with a max5/980kv and 30/39 gearing does.

Just ordered a skyrc gnss so I can get a reading. I will try to remember to report back here what this one does and what my outcast with a max5/980kv and 30/39 gearing does.
That's cool

Love mine

Max 5 / 1100 kv
30/39
Wheelie bar that doubles as a carrying handle (MUCH APPRECIATED)

Its a monster
and I love it.

Even though 30 lb will test the limits of all components, I haven't broke any thing yet in the few runs I have on it. (Just getting used to it, as it is my first 8S rig.....)

I just resolved and accepted that I will replace what breaks , as it breaks.....

Love mine

Max 5 / 1100 kv
30/39
Wheelie bar that doubles as a carrying handle (MUCH APPRECIATED)

Its a monster
and I love it.

Even though 30 lb will test the limits of all components, I haven't broke any thing yet in the few runs I have on it. (Just getting used to it, as it is my first 8S rig.....)

I just resolved and accepted that I will replace what breaks , as it breaks.....
That's cool, I broke mine this morning, I slid into a dumpster, funny thing, the dumpster didn't move, lol

Is your 34/47 gearing good for all around bashing,Temps good

When I was at the hobby store getting some parts I needed, I decided to pick up a new toy just to have some fun with. Out of the box,this thing is huge,now I need to figure out what gears work the best for bashing and all around fun. If any of you have one, let me know how you like it.

View attachment 225891

View attachment 225892
Word of advice, consider not using those batteries on that car.
I had those batteries on my X-Maxx with stock electronics and after with Hobbywing Max6+1100kv
No issues at all.

Then I got a K8S with a Hobbywing Max6+800kv geared at 39/39 and it destroyed two pairs of those batteries.
Too much power draw for them. All got puffed, one got a dead cell. Had to get rid of them, all 4.

Currently using gensacearespammers (brand name auto replaces on arrmaforum) 11000mah 4S2P

Last edited:
Is your 34/47 gearing good for all around bashing,Temps good

So far so good. Blew a tire last weekend but this weekend I’m hoping to try it with backflips, copperheads and trenchers.

I’m also using the same batteries as you and so far no issues.

So far so good. Blew a tire last weekend but this weekend I’m hoping to try it with backflips, copperheads and trenchers.

I’m also using the same batteries as you and so far no issues.
Yeah, so far these batteries are working good, get about 20 min hard run time, going to put a 29 pinion in now and try in the morning

View attachment 225891

View attachment 225892
So far I put on rpm arms,badlands tires,m2c chassis, made an extra brace with the old chassis, shock mod to take care of the extra droop. So far it's an 80 mph truck,plenty for off road and occasional speed run,it's an all around fun vehicle.

20220711_182125.jpg

20220711_182022.jpg

20220713_204713.jpg

Actually, that is very little carnage. You did good so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back