Vendetta I pulled the trigger…..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlooDon

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Vendetta
Been thinking on this for a little while. I’ve read thru a good bit of the “speed” info you guys have graciously posted. Watched a ton of YouTube runs/build videos.

I want to ease into the “speed run” side of the hobby. i raced clay ovals in the RC10 days and have been mainly into comp crawling lately. Built a few custom rigs.

Debated between the Vendetta and a Limitless. Logistically and space wise I went with the Vendetta. If I get hooked I’ll step up to the Limitless or some other bigger platform.

First steps for me will be run it straight out of the box to baseline performance. Then play with gearing and what little can be done suspension and body wise while staying on 3s.

Once I’m comfortable and consistent, then 😁😁😁😁! Wish me luck!

Make sure you pick up a splitter for it., a better ESC, and maybe some belted 14mm Hoons.

I just bought some for my Infraction. At that price he can get a set of white and gold!

My Vendetta has 17mm hexes and GRP's

I did add the Hoons to my order. I also have a 150A ESC from a Felony and stub axles with 17 mm hexes from a Typhon.

Will look into a splitter……any recommendation?

I want to ease into the “speed run” side of the hobby. i raced clay ovals in the RC10 days and have been mainly into comp crawling lately. Built a few custom rigs.
Me too!! I drove a JRX-2 and later JRX-Pro with Custom Works Dominator bodies on dirt oval. Good times!!
And good luck and Godspeed on your high speed exploits. It's an awful lot of fun...and quite addictive. Once you get that first run under your belt that really gets your heart pounding (for me that happened at 100mph..ymphmv) you really get hooked into it and it can become an obsession that occupies the far corners of your mind. In a good kind of way...depending on your feelings toward obsessions :LOL:

Me too!! I drove a JRX-2 and later JRX-Pro with Custom Works Dominator bodies on dirt oval. Good times!!
And good luck and Godspeed on your high speed exploits. It's an awful lot of fun...and quite addictive. Once you get that first run under your belt that really gets your heart pounding (for me that happened at 100mph..ymphmv) you really get hooked into it and it can become an obsession that occupies the far corners of your mind. In a good kind of way...depending on your feelings toward obsessions :LOL:

1656359525679.png

Remember these.... :)

The 1/10th cars are very touchy on tuning. Did you check out innovationrc on YT 1st vendetta runs..some good info.my best advice is to buy a radiolink radio for it..never run outa range,fail-safe and STEERING SPEED which helps me alot.can turn steering speed down which helps me alot at high speed,run mine at 1% an 100% return..can also run 10 cars off 1 remote..

If your road is smooth enough replace rear shocks for turnbuckles. Eliminates shock tuning.1 shock having different tension an car gos left or right under power,I've got 4 speedcars an none of them have shocks...also rear squats lower than front under power an car gos airborne...tbuckles Eliminate alot of tuning, crashing
I did add the Hoons to my order. I also have a 150A ESC from a Felony and stub axles with 17 mm hexes from a Typhon.

Will look into a splitter……any recommendation?
Hoons are horrible,grps are the way to go

K-BASH Thanks for the tips. Never thought about turnbuckles. I have a set of scales so was planning to "balance" the rig as I would a neutral race rig. The Radiolink TX/RX set up is also on my list.

I'll save the Hoons for drifting!;)

I've been reading all I can that you guys have posted and been watching Innovation and Earl Moorhead among others.

I will be starting slow and staying 3s as I mentioned until I get it to run straight. I've got several pinions to inch up the speed for now. I want to enjoy the ride a little at a time. Retired so no hurry!

After my base lining runs I will swap out to a 150A ESC since I already have it, even while staying on 3s.

Thanks again.....BTW I'll eventually try to make your Mod 1 slipper eliminator set up! but that's down the road a bit (pun intended)! :)

Last edited:
My road isn't quite smooth enough to go to straight turn buckles so to retain a little bit of give in the rear shocks I made myself a couple of these shock limiters that I just clip over the shock shaft. They work great to keep the rear from going too low and the car from performing a squat-to-blowover :LOL:
1656864385877.jpeg

My road isn't quite smooth enough to go to straight turn buckles so to retain a little bit of give in the rear shocks I made myself a couple of these shock limiters that I just clip over the shock shaft. They work great to keep the rear from going too low and the car from performing a squat-to-blowover :LOL:
View attachment 227452

I see, so also limiting travel to prevent the chassis from dragging/hitting. I would also increase my preload to stiffen and raise the rear. May use some Big Rock "preload spacers" in addition the existing screw cap adjustment if needed.

If your road is smooth enough replace rear shocks for turnbuckles. Eliminates shock tuning.1 shock having different tension an car gos left or right under power,I've got 4 speedcars an none of them have shocks...also rear squats lower than front under power an car gos airborne...tbuckles Eliminate alot of tuning, crashing

Hoons are horrible,grps are the way to go
Just adjust the shock Droop so the rig is Raked.....
Oh I forgot the Vendetta doesn't have Droop screws.....:(
Lim does....:)

Just adjust the shock Droop so the rig is Raked.....
Oh I forgot the Vendetta doesn't have Droop screws.....:(
Lim does....:)
Yup no droop,even with droop screws ya get sooo much tension on them they'll scrip threads on arms or fall off ears on chassis after time.if droop falls off ear during run,ya crash...tbuckles eliminate so much BS.ive worn holes throu chassis ears from so much tension on them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back