I put too much glue on my tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I learn the hard way every time... I glued my own tires on and i put too much glue on, part of the rim came off with the rubber.

So frustrated

Ya i broke two rims so i wanted to keep the rubber wow they took almost 45min each one, i boiled them in water
That sucks. I have a hafh dozen or so to get off the rim and remount. It just seems to take forever.

Thank the heavens I don't glue my fingers to my business. I have to do a tire repair that I'm putting off because i hate working with CA glue. Nonetheless, the damn Acetone will get it off in time.

Thank the heavens I don't glue my fingers to my business. I have to do a tire repair that I'm putting off because i hate working with CA glue. Nonetheless, the damn Acetone will get it off in time.
Like the time I got super glue on my fingers and then had to go... Never mind, we won't talk about that time.

I was working offshore years ago and after our shift we were drinking beer and Mary Jane. No one knew what CA was at the time. Someone had a bottle of CA and we glued some metal ashtrays to the ceiling and other crazy stuff. Got some on my fingers and after my thumb and index finger got stuck together I treat the stuff with respect. Lesson learned and not forgotten.lol

The first time I glued tires, I stacked them to dry... they glued to each other... and the towel I worked on on my dining room table. At the time, I didn't have a dedicated workbench and used our dining table to wrench on. There are still dents, dings and scratches on the table from hammering on stuff almost 20 years ago.

Attachments

• 15549143103588938447339461948111.jpg
    15549143103588938447339461948111.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 66
The first time I glued tires, I stacked them to dry... they glued to each other... and the towel I worked on on my dining room table. At the time, I didn't have a dedicated workbench and used our dining table to wrench on. There are still dents, dings and scratches on the table from hammering on stuff almost 20 years ago.
I too did the dining room table thing. Not good on the wood. I now have the habit of wrenching on the wood coffee table and watching TV. Some habits are hard to break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back