Kraton I R Thermometer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParkRacing

Reaction score
I just bought another IR Thermometer because I always suspected my dynamite pocket one to be very inaccurate, but 20 degrees difference...... wow! The old one would say the motor was 150 but I wouldn't be able to touch it for even a second!
So my question is does anyone know a good way to test the accuracy of the new one?

I just look at the thermostat in my house and then read the temp of the wall right next to it. My temp gun reads the same. Sometimes you have to get use to how far away you are from the object but after a while you get use to using it. This sounds crazy but I use the temp guns every day to check on my snake collection. So I sort of rely on them to keep my snakes healthy. After a while you get use to how it reacts and what a good reading is and one that's bad due to something throwing it off.

if your house is set to say 72.... the average reading I get near the thermostat will be 72. Plus or minus 1 or 2 degree sometimes. If it's off by 5... could be something is questionable.

One other thing... I constantly remove the batteries after I use it. For some reason , mine kills batteries fast. If I remove them.... they last much longer.

Last edited:
I just look at the thermostat in my house and then read the temp of the wall right next to it. My temp gun reads the same. Sometimes you have to get use to how far away you are from the object but after a while you get use to using it. This sounds crazy but I use the temp guns every day to check on my snake collection. So I sort of rely on them to keep my snakes healthy. After a while you get use to how it reacts and what a good reading is and one that's bad due to something throwing it off.

if your house is set to say 72.... the average reading I get near the thermostat will be 72. Plus or minus 1 or 2 degree sometimes. If it's off by 5... could be something is questionable.

One other thing... I constantly remove the batteries after I use it. For some reason , mine kills batteries fast. If I remove them.... they last much longer.
I will try that, thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back