I really feel this SMH 😞🙁

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there. Once too many times. Was always cheaper to just buy another $400. Boxed Lim roller. Twice. I see yu have all the CF stuff. That kind of puts over the top though. Loss wise.:( Why I stay with stock parts for the most part.
Don't give up.
I've also had those days where my gut said not to drive. Wind was a problem for me also. Also been there with rain starting in. Usually I chance a pass, do or die. Tempting fate.
Nice video.
Just don't give up. Nice road there for sure.(y)

Been there. Once too many times. Was always cheaper to just buy another $400. Boxed Lim roller. Twice. I see yu have all the CF stuff. That kind of puts over the top though. Loss wise.:( Why I stay with stock parts for the most part.
Don't give up.
I've also had those days where my gut said not to drive. Wind was a problem for me also. Also been there with rain starting in. Usually I chance a pass, do or die. Tempting fate.
Nice video.
Just don't give up. Nice road there for sure.(y)
Jon has had too many wrecks on that road, them curbs be deadly. What he really needs (besides a new car) is a new road...preferably either 3 times wider or without curbs...or both.

Jon has had too many wrecks on that road, them curbs be deadly. What he really needs (besides a new car) is a new road...preferably either 3 times wider or without curbs...or both.
Exactly why I drive an hour away. Both crashes would have been waaaay worse had there been curbs or other hard objects that don’t like RC cars.

FULL DISCLOSURE! I “RuffRiki” was not the one in that video. It’s from YouTube, runner’s name is Jonny. I’m always tuned into his runs but this time I had to share his outcome with y’all.

Just my 2 cents on the subject....
This video is a great reminder of why you should not run SMC SRD packs and NeuMotors until you have reached that limit of cheaper components and looking to get that extra 3-10 mph to break a world record.

Could have saved $300+ in that crash by running TP Power and G+ CNHL Lipos :p

Just my 2 cents on the subject....
This video is a great reminder of why you should not run SMC SRD packs and NeuMotors until you have reached that limit of cheaper components and looking to get that extra 3-10 mph to break a world record.

Could have saved $300+ in that crash by running TP Power and G+ CNHL Lipos :p
I speedrun on somewhat of a budget. Got 4 swb cars that'll all run over 100 on 4s,all 6s capable. Stock center shafts,all stock arrma parts,bodys..only expensive systems. My 3 1/8 cars will most likely be in the 130s by end of season.no 170s,but I enjoy 130s all day.

That sucks for sure having your setup totalled in an instant. But as us speed runners know you have to be prepared for this to happen every time you run. It will take him time to get over it and rebuild a new setup but I think he'll get back on the road again eventually.

That's why I have 4,always got 1 ripping.lol

20220606_160947.jpg

I've seen many videos of his, he's had many expensive crashes on that road.. I agree with Liberty, he should have saved the ultra premium parts for a better road. Looks like he fell victim to the speedrunners curse.. He knew the wind was significant but had to get that last run in anyway, I guess we have all done it lol

I always watch Jonny’s runs and I always tell him about that road. I’ve seen a few crashes with him and they are ALWAYS expensive because he always uses a lot of premium parts and his crashes always involve the curb.

Jonny probably should have also worked with the vibe and NOT run. It’s weird but even I felt like things were off in that run before the blow up.

I agree with the other guy. I have about 5 rigs ready to run but I only ever take out 2 at a time.

Jon spends exorbitant amounts of money on his RC car. In one video he said that he had already gone through 10 (TEN!!!) Scorched Raz Shifrin bat wings. That's roughly $1500 just in rear wings. That is insane. How many do you have to shred before you start buying CF sheets and making them yourself? The only special bit are those fancy corner connectors and after you've bought one wing, you have them (Scorched will actually sell them to you individually in case you lose or damage them if you've bought a wing from them).
I would never attempt those speeds, in those conditions, on that road, with that big dollar car.
Your just asking for a 4k heartbreak.
Begging for it even!
Couldn't agree more.
I always watch Jonny’s runs and I always tell him about that road. I’ve seen a few crashes with him and they are ALWAYS expensive because he always uses a lot of premium parts and his crashes always involve the curb.

Jonny probably should have also worked with the vibe and NOT run. It’s weird but even I felt like things were off in that run before the blow up.
Amen brother.

THAT was painful to hear!...
Seeing the direction it was heading and the glancing brush with the first curb... Couldn't see the actual crash but that thud sound... Awful..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back