I see lots of new arrma owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya , my shops don't carry anything as far as arrma goes , but our hobby town has a ton of Traxxas parts. There going all Traxxas lately , they tell me that's the way Traxxas wants them to be , but it seems our shops profit off of ordering ,,, I believe ?

Ya , my shops don't carry anything as far as arrma goes , but our hobby town has a ton of Traxxas parts. There going all Traxxas lately , they tell me that's the way Traxxas wants them to be , but it seems our shops profit off of ordering ,,, I believe ?
Traxxas gives the hobby shops a special discount for only carrying their products. So they can sell it at the same price and make more profit. If you carry other products you don't get the special discount and therefor less profit.

My local shops are coming around. They are trying to make room for arrma parts. The one closest to me is doing the best! He has almost every arrma part available, but he’s a d!ck!!! Only time he was nice to me was when I bought my limited outcast. (It was the only shop around with one left) he was nice for about a week then acted like he didn’t know who I was... right back to being a d!ck!!! ?

So I mostly shop at the other lhs’s they have a rewards program. ?
If all else fails there’s always the internet.

Competition is good for everyone, I was all about traxxas too and then I bought the notorious after researching ARRMA and finding this forum. Now I have the notorious, limitless, and infraction. I also have a slash and an X-MAXX and love them all. But have to say I am looking to buy more ARRMA :).

Taxxas amazes me with there marketing tatics , hillariouse , I've owned 10 different Traxxas products , there good quality , cool designs , but I just can't get over how all there vehicals roll like a beach ball on high speed corners , even the x max , give it throttle on a corner and it's rolling across the ground , I've put wheel widening kits on them but then the kits fall apart , Arrma right out of the box is actually hard to roll mostly, I got a great deal on a demo Traxxas max , that thing is a beach ball !! I'm waiting for wide kits on that

Do you guys see the RC market coming back from its downturn(hobby shops closing)?
The two LHS that are here in SAT Texas are doing well, but hobby town just went out of business. I buy stuff from both of them.

Do you guys see the RC market coming back from its downturn(hobby shops closing)?

I think that with lipo / brushless power, people are growing interested in the hobby or coming back. I hope there's enough to create market for more lhs popups. Now is a great time to start a small business but harder to find employees imo. It's a job seekers market. I wish I had the ?? to open a shop and I even feel like I could get reasonable, capable labor being in a small college town.

I think that with lipo / brushless power, people are growing interested in the hobby or coming back. I hope there's enough to create market for more lhs popups. Now is a great time to start a small business but harder to find employees imo. It's a job seekers market. I wish I had the ?? to open a shop and I even feel like I could get reasonable, capable labor being in a small college town.
I have been in contact with the president of Hobby Town for multiple months on opening a Hobby Town where I live. Have been to a couple of banks for a SBA and they want 150k of my own money. Hobby Town wants us to open what they call a concept store which is 4ksqft and is between 330k-400k all in stocked store. The owners of the two San Antonio stores also owned the old Houston stores, passed it on to his daughter and she ruined it all with bad book keeping and theft. So its not like there wasnt business, just bad business practice and bad luck. I am still on the fence on opening the store its just getting the bank to allow a lower payment from myself. I would be fine with half/75k but not 150k.

I have been in contact with the president of Hobby Town for multiple months on opening a Hobby Town where I live. Have been to a couple of banks for a SBA and they want 150k of my own money. Hobby Town wants us to open what they call a concept store which is 4ksqft and is between 330k-400k all in stocked store. The owners of the two San Antonio stores also owned the old Houston stores, passed it on to his daughter and she ruined it all with bad book keeping and theft. So its not like there wasnt business, just bad business practice and bad luck. I am still on the fence on opening the store its just getting the bank to allow a lower payment from myself. I would be fine with half/75k but not 150k.

Awesome! Sounds like a great plan and I hope you'll be able to find medium ground with HT. Please keep me in the loop because I really want to hear of your progress and of course wish the best for you! When it happens, I'd love to be there for opening day and would be so happy to provide and serve food giveaway incentive for help in building early committed clientele.

All the regulars here need to be ready, cause the damage totals are gonna mount quickly and the questions on how to fix their first hobby grade rc will start flowing faster than the water pouring over Niagara Falls (first forum meet up reference?). Remember team, be nice, especially when they ask "why do the arms keep breaking when all I did was tap a concrete curb at 35 mph?"?
Oh man do I remember that. I use to get mad cause the bumper wasn't doing its job to prevent stuff from breaking.

Should be a good time to check membership growth over the next few weeks. I'd also like to see feedback from Arrma. I love to watch how sales develop from marketing and word of mouth.
Its really been an up and coming brand. They are just really sending it know, I've been saying it the hole time, Traxxsas has met it's match!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back