I think I blew my shocks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Took a down his jump and the nero flipped fwd and i didn't air brake in time. It landed flat upside down . After getting all the dirt out of the rear shocks - saw I broke a post. Ordered it - got it back in. BUT ..... now the shocks either stay all the way or OR all the way down. NO bounce at all. The front bounces away - all good. The rear ? no bounce. Still drives around like a champ. stays up but theres no play in the rear suspension. I looked around for cracks or anything but it seems like the shocks are blown - thats what the hobby shop said. Also - I went to order new shocks but figured I would try to get some feedback.... I noticed that Arrma shocks are all broken down by the part and not sold as a pair...why do m=they make it all hard to order shocks?

hmmmm...hate to hear that. ..yeah...piece by piece...haven't seen any full shock assemblies...

bent shock shafts? ..slightly bent so it's dragging in the bore?..or the shock piston is broken? ....

start taking it apart. ..and show pics along the way...

hmmmm...hate to hear that. ..yeah...piece by piece...haven't seen any full shock assemblies...

bent shock shafts? ..slightly bent so it's dragging in the bore?..or the shock piston is broken? ....

start taking it apart. ..and show pics along the way...
Yep.. take em apart, check shafts for bends... you do not need to buy new shocks, just figure out what is broken and replace... i belive they come with 30wt oil while you have them apart this is a good opertunity to put heavier oil in. What you use depends on driving style and what you do...jump alot then i would reccomend 50wt to 70wt... and take other shocks out replace oil... i bash hard i use 70wt in front and 60wt in rear... you probaby bent a shaft... you can straiten it or buy new ones... if you had alot of dirt and grass in them i would guess bent shaft... like afro said post up pics we will do our best to help you out...

Whats up man? Sorry to hear about your nero. I recently blew a shock cap off and it blasted shock fluid all over the place.. Lol
What a mess.
I agree on checking for bent shock shaft and go from there. I haven't bent any shafts yet but have blown the same cap off twice, then upgraded to the Kraton aluminum caps. I should have a write up here soon in the Nero section and the suspension section.
And I believe the Nero shock oil equals out to be a bit over 90 wt according to their CST rating. I replaced 2 of my shocks with LOSI 90WT and it seema to have more rebound bit less stiffness. I will have more info when my esc comes back from Arrma. Best of luck, feel free to pm with any questions. Thanks also to all that responded.

Took a down his jump and the nero flipped fwd and i didn't air brake in time. It landed flat upside down . After getting all the dirt out of the rear shocks - saw I broke a post. Ordered it - got it back in. BUT ..... now the shocks either stay all the way or OR all the way down. NO bounce at all. The front bounces away - all good. The rear ? no bounce. Still drives around like a champ. stays up but theres no play in the rear suspension. I looked around for cracks or anything but it seems like the shocks are blown - thats what the hobby shop said. Also - I went to order new shocks but figured I would try to get some feedback.... I noticed that Arrma shocks are all broken down by the part and not sold as a pair...why do m=they make it all hard to order shocks?

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! I don't make any moves until talking to my people first. I was sitting down to just go thru the craziness of ordering each shock part and building two OR going to the hobby shop - open sundays - and just asking if they have a set that would work. I will take them off and give them a look and yes Josh - it was FULL off packed dirt & grass and when I dug all that crap out I saw the post with the bearing was snapped. SOOO - now Im going to check the shocks - will probably order the shafts - already ordered the maintenance set. I reglued all six of my super swampers ( Not giving up on them - kinda feels better - expecting - them to fail ) and my Terremoto set is coming this week. I am so happy the Nero still runs fine. I found a HUGE Costco parking lot behind home depot inNew Rochelle this morning - great for early morning / late nights only but HUGE.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back