Kraton I think I broke it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Dirt

Need more RC
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
I couldn't seem to break my Kraton so I set out to build some ramps to see if I could. Well, it was kind of a success.
My ramps have too sharp of an angle so when the Kraton his it you can hear it bottoming out before going up.
I also found that my droop screws were set wrong, causing the shocks to overextend as it's flying through the air. Factor in a couple of bad landings and, voila, broken Kraton.
Back to the drawing board for the ramps.

Broken: Rear right suspension arm. Rear right shock rod end. Front diff gear and both pins. And, bent the rear shock tower

20190425_222647.jpg
20190503_164229.jpg
20190503_233535.jpg
20190503_234316.jpg

Attachments

• 20190503_002000.jpg
    20190503_002000.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 37
The bottom will slap on a big jump but that's normal. The diff busting isn't a result of a landing unless you are landing with the power on typically. You are at greater risk IMO of busting a diff gunning it with 6s and a high punch setting I reckon, opposed to how the vehicle lands.

Nice looking ramps though. If it were me I would only lower one and leave the other where it is for some variety

The bottom will slap on a big jump but that's normal. The diff busting isn't a result of a landing unless you are landing with the power on typically. You are at greater risk IMO of busting a diff gunning it with 6s and a high punch setting I reckon, opposed to how the vehicle lands.

Nice looking ramps though. If it were me I would only lower one and leave the other where it is for some variety
The punch setting is stock. I was running 6s and the 15t pinion. I might leave these ramps as is and build some other ones for longer jumps. The reason there's two ramps is because of the material I had laying around and one wouldn't be wide enough to hit at high speed.

Nice ramps! The grass was like landing on pillows....at least when you land wheels down lol.

How are your temps with the 15T and running in that grass? Do you have a link to the fans and fan mount you are using?

Nice drills BTW.
Thanks @Mongoose,
The heatsink I'm using is hobbywing.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywing-c1-motor-heatsink-fan-combo-hwa86080120/p279174

I put another fan on the other side of the heatsink. It's a bit smaller but moves tons of air.
https://www.ebay.com/p/XRAY-293111-Hudy-Brushless-RC-Fan-40mm/18025933496

I didn't check temps that day but did the week before. Motor didn't go above 135°F and ESC was around 120°F. So far I'm happy with the fan setup.

And yes, those Milwaukee brushless drills are awesome. I have both, the 18v and the 12v set. 12v works great for rc stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back