I think I F'ed up my motor...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warhound

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
alright so I have the Senton 3S bone stock only had it for a little over a week and I'm pretty noob at RC cars. anyways I bought a new battery for it i got a spektrum 30c 11.1V 5000Mah put it through one cycle charged let everything cool down and went to take it out again but about 10 minutes in I noticed a bad smell coming from the motor so i let it cool down and cleaned it out it had a far bit of dirt and dust in it when I put the battery back in wheels turn no FWD/RV no idea what to do. Please help.

alright so I have the Senton 3S bone stock only had it for a little over a week and I'm pretty noob at RC cars. anyways I bought a new battery for it i got a spektrum 30c 11.1V 5000Mah put it through one cycle charged let everything cool down and went to take it out again but about 10 minutes in I noticed a bad smell coming from the motor so i let it cool down and cleaned it out it had a far bit of dirt and dust in it when I put the battery back in wheels turn no FWD/RV no idea what to do. Please help.
Maybe try calibrate ur throttle and brake on ur controller. Just an easy fix IF that's it.

No sound other than fans running?
Dosent have fans but the steering servo is still working
No sound other than fans running?
I also tested output from the esc and got 9.4 volts to the motor but motor dosent respond. I can spin it easily with my fingers like it's brand new but no love when I hit the throttle

Servo nothing to do with motor tho. U only have the 1 battery? If not try a diff just to check. I wouldn't have that luxury myself. Throttle trim maybe accidently got turned. Or ur motor is dead

Servo nothing to do with motor tho. U only have the 1 battery? If not try a diff just to check. I wouldn't have that luxury myself. Throttle trim maybe accidently got turned. Or ur motor is dead
I got 2 batteries tried both reset throttle trim and reconnected controller think the only thing left is ded motor

Oh man atleast u can warranty it. Maybe on backorder tho. Check horizon product support. Buy an extra if it's on backorder. U can get a decent motor it seems for 30-50$
I'm hoping a place in town has it if not I'm gonna miss the truck for a camping trip. Anyway thanks for the help

I'm pretty sure the minimum C rating battery for the 100 amp setup in these 3S cars is 35. 50C is generally recommended. I don't think that would've fried anything though. Are there any LEDs on or flashing on the ESC? Make sure the THR trim is centered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back