Kraton I think i found why my motor plate bends so easy-_-

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I think this monster is responsable for all my misery i lost that piece a few months ago idk where it went
IMG_1339.JPG

Hard to see, but are you referring to the motor wire guide?
Have you tried the adjustable motor mount? I could be wrong but I've heard the adjustable mount is stronger?

Hard to see, but are you referring to the motor wire guide?
Have you tried the adjustable motor mount? I could be wrong but I've heard the adjustable mount is stronger?
I got the blx ajustable mount now because the hot racing and the stock ones bended and i was tired of hammering them soecialky the hot racing one who was a dissapointment
I think the wire guide supports the motor from moving to the side preventing it of bending the motor plate
The wire holder isn’t the cause. It’s your driving ???✌?✌?✌?
Bends way too easily dude for me. A little nose impact no matter what it is last time i was under braking and hit the street curb at rly low speed+the t bone bumper. While i see kevin tabot trash is outcast he broke everything exept you know what
The wire holder is there for a reason i think they could have fone with the clip instead but they went with long retainer against the body and next to the motor endcap

Last edited:
The mounts bend downward towards the bottom of the chassis, not sideways towards the outside of the chassis.. the wire retainer is there for one thing, retaining wires.. completely unrelated with bending motor mounts..

The mounts bend downward towards the bottom of the chassis, not sideways towards the outside of the chassis.. the wire retainer is there for one thing, retaining wires.. completely unrelated with bending motor mounts..
Alright
But to bend the motor has to move towards one direction because once when i bended my mount rly bad my motor was sitting at an angle

I got the blx ajustable mount now because the hot racing and the stock ones bended and i was tired of hammering them soecialky the hot racing one who was a dissapointment
I think the wire guide supports the motor from moving to the side preventing it of bending the motor plate

Bends way too easily dude for me. A little nose impact no matter what it is last time i was under braking and hit the street curb at rly low speed+the t bone bumper. While i see kevin tabot trash is outcast he broke everything exept you know what
The wire holder is there for a reason i think they could have fone with the clip instead but they went with long retainer against the body and next to the motor endcap

In watching the slow motion videos of me practicing at a skate park and how the truck flexes landing, especially bad landings, I'm hesitant to start adding metal parts.

The front bumper is a prime example, the stock bumper absorbs a fair amount of impact instead of a metal one transferring the full impact to the chassis. Bumper is cheaper and easier to replace than a chassis. I'm going to aluminum knuckles at both ends because I've cracked two plastic ones but I suspect I'll see an increased failure at the lower arms with that addition.

At the end of the day I'd rather throw multiple sets of cheap and easy to replace parts like arms at it than have to tear the whole thing apart because the arm didn't break but the bulkhead or chassis did.

In watching the slow motion videos of me practicing at a skate park and how the truck flexes landing, especially bad landings, I'm hesitant to start adding metal parts.

The front bumper is a prime example, the stock bumper absorbs a fair amount of impact instead of a metal one transferring the full impact to the chassis. Bumper is cheaper and easier to replace than a chassis. I'm going to aluminum knuckles at both ends because I've cracked two plastic ones but I suspect I'll see an increased failure at the lower arms with that addition.

At the end of the day I'd rather throw multiple sets of cheap and easy to replace parts like arms at it than have to tear the whole thing apart because the arm didn't break but the bulkhead or chassis did.
The car needs a better front bumper. The stock one doesn't do anything its rigid. A 2feed nose dive is enough to bend the plate in my case no joke. Since i made a bumper it never bended again

The car needs a better front bumper. The stock one doesn't do anything its rigid. A 2feed nose dive is enough to bend the plate in my case no joke. Since i made a bumper it never bended again

Just looked it up. Didn't realize the Kraton had a solid bumper without an impact block in it. Seems like a bad idea for something that big and heavy. I was thinking of the style the Vorteks uses and many of my RCs in the past used with the buffer in it.

There's empty space between the motor and the chassis. I just stick a couple gifts cards cut in half between the motor and chassis and I'm still on my first motor mount even with doing full sends off the quarter pipe at my local skate park.

I have a Granite but the chassis platform is the same. Should help 👍

IMG_20220309_164411244_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back