I think I have a bent shock shaft.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twenty7kvn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Took it out bashing Thursday had a blast. Did some jumps kick up some dirt, this truck is great fun. At the end of my last pack just driving it about on tarmac the front left starting doing this. I looked at it and it seems that the shaft is ever so slightly bent. It's a small bummer considering I bashed it pretty good, thinking about bending it back into shape and ordering another set of composite shocks, the hot racing ones are out of stock and i don't want to spend $70 on a pair of Typhon 6s shocks.

Attachments

• 20200509_092837_HDR.jpg
    20200509_092837_HDR.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 172
Took it out bashing Thursday had a blast. Did some jumps kick up some dirt, this truck is great fun. At the end of my last pack just driving it about on tarmac the front left starting doing this. I looked at it and it seems that the shaft is ever so slightly bent. It's a small bummer considering I bashed it pretty good, thinking about bending it back into shape and ordering another set of composite shocks, the hot racing ones are out of stock and i don't want to spend $70 on a pair of Typhon 6s shocks.
Yep just bend it back the best you can.

What Jondilly said??

But..... I would disassemble defective shock and run the shock shaft on a flat (smooth) surface to make sure it’s as straight as possible as you tweak it.

I keep a pack of shock rods sitting around. I’ve only ever bent one on my Kraton but still, they just need to be bent a slight bit to not work.
Be careful if you bend back the old one, not to score the rod or scratch deep grooves in it.

I keep a pack of shock rods sitting around. I’ve only ever bent one on my Kraton but still, they just need to be bent a slight bit to not work.
Be careful if you bend back the old one, not to score the rod or scratch deep grooves in it.
Unfortunately these 3S & 4S shocks have the perches built into the rod, so it’s not always an easy repair or just a rod replacement. ??‍♂️

Unfortunately these 3S & 4S shocks have the perches built into the rod, so it’s not always an easy repair or just a rod replacement. ??‍♂️
Oh I missed that thought it was 6S. I swapped shocks out on my granite blx after I rebuilt them twice. It was just cheaper and easier to swap to the alternative aluminum ones.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back