Kraton I think I have the Kraton done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revosmash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Been looking over this forum since I wanted to get a new M/T. I've been into nitro for over 20 years, but wanted to try my hand at electric. I one just want to thank every that contributes to this forum. This thing is a monster on 4s, its hard to keep the front end down with Trencher X tires on. Speed is 45-50 with run times about 20-30 mins. Temps are; 120 motor, 85 esc, 92 battery. Temp outside 55.
  • Tx DX3R
  • servo ts-170tg
  • CC 10A bec
  • Hobbystar 4082 2000kv motor
  • 16t pinion
  • Yeah racing twin fan
  • diff 50-100-30, shimmed
  • RPM arms and skid
  • Avid bearings
  • SMC 4s 5400mah
  • Custom tower to tower brace

100_0398.JPG

100_0399.JPG

100_0402.JPG

100_0403.JPG

100_0404.JPG

100_0405.JPG

100_0398.JPG

That's pretty nice man. Be careful with those motor fans though. I had a similar setup with them raised similar to yours. They lasted all of 15 min. Lol.
Came down off a jump and the fans collapsed.
Your Kraton looks though!

Attachments

• 20170618_164453.jpg
    20170618_164453.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I did not use the riser spacers for the yeah racing twin fans either, I just mounted them flush to the heat sink.

I did not use the riser spacers for the yeah racing twin fans either, I just mounted them flush to the heat sink.
If I get a couple more fans that's what I'm going to have to do. For now runs fine with just the heatsink.

Haven't had a problem with the fans yet, but I mounted them with the screws diagonally, not how the yeah racing directions told you to do it.

That looks like a nice set up mate where did you get the sides from the Ines that protect the motor and the batter tray link will be appreciated nice one

The sides are from an Outcast Ebay chop shop.

Is your tower 2 tower bar something you made, or they can be bought ready to install? It looks like it fastens with a screw on the front side, what did you fasten too on the rear?

edit...I see it now, it is notched and then the zippy ties hold it down. Looking good!

The CF rod can be bought its 18mm X 14mm diameter, the ends are custom turned UHMW rod. I tried to come up with something to mount the rear but gave up and just used zip ties. I did leave the zip ties a little loose so I do get a little chassis flex.

Plastic is a small piece of lexan, hole punched, cut down the center, and fastened with 3m double face tape. light, easy, and keeps the rear diff clean.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back