I think I need some driving lessons.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeBee71

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
So after wrecking yet another chassis. Which makes a total of three :rolleyes: I have decided no more running the Big Rock around work and parking lots nearby. I seem to have a knack for finding the worst possible things to run into. I think maybe I should run a smaller battery?! the first chassis broke figuring out how to jump and land the right way. Cracked across the back diff , I know NOVICE. lol
The second and third ones are from me running almost full speed into either a concrete pad or in the last case a metal sewer drain. On this last crash the battery (again) came bursting forward from the momentum and broken the front battery holder clean off the chassis. Also this time I cracked the motor back case, bent the aluminum motor mount, broke front body mount and finally broke my brand new Pro Line Power stroke shock on the left front :mad: Oh and also broke my RPM front control arm.

Now I cant find a new chassis locally, so I used some heavy duty glue with a resin and re attached the battery hold down. Put my old front shocks back on. Straightened the motor mount and glued the back motor case. now to get some new RPM front arms tomorrow and get it at least running again.
I have been tinkering with the idea of buying maybe a Kraton or something a little more heavy duty?
Thoughts?

Anyways I am getting tired of fixing it so much lately.

Oh well at least its pretty when its all back together

DSC00007.JPG

Hey, you want to bash hard . That's all fine and well. You definitely need the right rig for the job along with better driving judgement.
The 6S line is better suited for the YT'er big air you want to do. It looks easy. But gets expensive no matter the rig. I would slow down your driving a bit and get more space. You seem to hit everything in site around you in places that are not best to bash. Stay in the grass and softer dirt. Stay clear of pavement and tarmac. Wide open spaces really helps when there is nothing to hit. Your wallet will thank you and and you will spend more time bashing and getting better at driving than spending more time waiting for parts and repairing. All RC rigs will break, but sometimes you have to know your limits. At least you admit user error. Even a 6S rig will bend an alloy chassis and arms etc. I would consider a 6s rig and drive on 4s for a while till you get more experience. Sometimes even a better radio builds more driving confidence. Just some ideas.
Good luck.

BTW, try using Velcro battery straps for your lipo.

You need to be more selective where you run and practice throttle control. Vary speed for what's around you, like the obstacles you are running into. A 6S Kraton may be tougher, but you can still bust it up just like the BR running into curbs, speed bumps, culverts. Instead of breaking a plastic chassis, you can bend a metal one along with everything else.

So after wrecking yet another chassis. Which makes a total of three :rolleyes: I have decided no more running the Big Rock around work and parking lots nearby. I seem to have a knack for finding the worst possible things to run into. I think maybe I should run a smaller battery?! the first chassis broke figuring out how to jump and land the right way. Cracked across the back diff , I know NOVICE. lol
The second and third ones are from me running almost full speed into either a concrete pad or in the last case a metal sewer drain. On this last crash the battery (again) came bursting forward from the momentum and broken the front battery holder clean off the chassis. Also this time I cracked the motor back case, bent the aluminum motor mount, broke front body mount and finally broke my brand new Pro Line Power stroke shock on the left front :mad: Oh and also broke my RPM front control arm.

Now I cant find a new chassis locally, so I used some heavy duty glue with a resin and re attached the battery hold down. Put my old front shocks back on. Straightened the motor mount and glued the back motor case. now to get some new RPM front arms tomorrow and get it at least running again.
I have been tinkering with the idea of buying maybe a Kraton or something a little more heavy duty?
Thoughts?

View attachment 121008

This is a really easy fix. AIM for everything you've hit and you will look like an RC PRO superstar!

I have broken the front battery holder twice on my Typhon 3s and have started putting Velcro on my batteries and in the bottom of the tray to help with forward momentum crashes. It has helped, but still have to use the straps too.

Thoughts?

View attachment 121008
Here are a few tips...

If those are belted trenchers, they are heavy and will cause some damage due to the added weight.

As others have said, paced surfaces with curbs are very unforgiving. I have found that thick grass is as well. You’ll be better off in loose dirt, but will need to clean more.

The Kraton 6S will be a bit more rugged, but there will be a lot more cost. More up front buying the more expensive truck, more batteries, parts cost more, etc. So if you are on a budget, learn to drive the one you got. If you have a bag, then go 6S.

Have fun 🤘🏻

APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE. I think I'm going to stick with the big rock for the time being. I use the factory Velcro straps but i think the Velcro on the floor and battery might help. honestly just tone down the driving in parking lots and I'll be ok.
Thinking I'd like to do a 6S Kraton eventually.
I actually was running my MX28 prolines the last few days , as I have stripped out the adapters on the Trenchers. Waiting on a set of Aluminum 6X30 adapters for the prolines I have.
Anyways back together for now and running again .

CC2A0878-2911-45A5-8725-261DCAF77308.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back