Granite I think I solved the cogging issue in my Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
4sssssssssssss ?

20190417_211546.jpg

I need longer Velcro straps for the battery. I'm also going to lose the dual battery setup. I only have 1 4s battery with an XT90. To mount the ESC, I counter sunk one of the holes in the receiver box lid and used a flathead screw. I put double sided tape underneath the esc and used one of the mounts to secure it to the receiver box lid. It seems pretty secure but who knows if it holds when I start sending it.
20190417_212147.jpg

I even have a place for the on/off/program switch. I'm running a 20t pinion. I did a quick test and there is zero cogging. Let the games begin!

4sssssssssssss ?

View attachment 35749

I need longer Velcro straps for the battery. I'm also going to lose the dual battery setup. I only have 1 4s battery with an XT90. To mount the ESC, I counter sunk one of the holes in the receiver box lid and used a flathead screw. I put double sided tape underneath the esc and used one of the mounts to secure it to the receiver box lid. It seems pretty secure but who knows if it holds when I start sending it.
View attachment 35752

I even have a place for the on/off/program switch. I'm running a 20t pinion. I did a quick test and there is zero cogging. Let the games begin!
4s is tons of fun on a 3s truck, but are you sure the axles will hold up to the added power? Are planning on running the punch at a lower setting or going full tilt and see what happens?

4s is tons of fun on a 3s truck, but are you sure the axles will hold up to the added power? Are planning on running the punch at a lower setting or going full tilt and see what happens?
I have the HR axles in the rear so I'm hoping they last. As far as punch I'm going to start with the default. That's 4?

Can somebody please tell me what cogging is? I know this is a very noob question but I've been searching and have been unable to figure out. From what I understand it is basically lag from the motor? I'm confused. Sorry for the dumb question

Can somebody please tell me what cogging is? I know this is a very noob question but I've been searching and have been unable to figure out. From what I understand it is basically lag from the motor? I'm confused. Sorry for the dumb question
It's like a bad stutter when you go to accelerate from a stop. Many sensoreless motors do this and it's normal. But some stutter pretty badly when over geared.

I have the HR axles in the rear so I'm hoping they last. As far as punch I'm going to start with the default. That's 4?
Should be fun to get it on the ramps with the extra grunt. Triple or quadruple in the next video, right?

So are you going for a Standing Double-Backflip?? :p

Your not concerned with chassis flex smashing the motor into the esc/servo? Wondering if it might be a good idea to put the esc on it's side to give you a bit more wiggle room between the motor/esc/servo.

Your not concerned with chassis flex smashing the motor into the esc/servo? Wondering if it might be a good idea to put the esc on it's side to give you a bit more wiggle room between the motor/esc/servo.
I wasn't, LOL. Now I am ?

Good luck!

I didn't really like how heavy my Granite was with a Blx185 combo and 4s. But then, I had the stock plastic shocks on back then. Now that I run Typhon shocks, it may be fine with the weight.

Good luck!

I didn't really like how heavy my Granite was with a Blx185 combo and 4s. But then, I had the stock plastic shocks on back then. Now that I run Typhon shocks, it may be fine with the weight.

I did a little test run this morning. It's definitely pig when it comes to weight. I just ran it for 10 minutes from a storage charge to LVC.It needs further testing, I mean sending.

Then someone on YT is impersonating you.o_O
I'm just going by what someone said. I guess I need to drive it off the top of a 20 story building to qualify ?

Well, you could always run a 3660 motor with the blx185 as well on 3S. Then you get the less harsh torque of a smaller motor, the power handling of the 1/8th esc and less weight of 3S packs and 1/8th motor.

Well, you could always run a 3660 motor with the blx185 as well on 3S. Then you get the less harsh torque of a smaller motor, the power handling of the 1/8th esc and less weight of 3S packs and 1/8th motor.
I tried that once and it cogged.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back