I took my new Kraton 6s drag racing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nineball

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
Went racing today. Built the slash street eliminator, but I wanted something for the open class. I'm a basher at heart, so I went for the Kraton over the typhon, infraction, or talion. I figured heat wouldn't be a problem for short drag runs, so I threw the big pinion on it and away we went. Little did I know how it would turn out...

3.5 seconds at 41.7mph. I lost to an Infraction on foams in the second round, no surprise. Street tires next time. And maybe a center spool.

Highlight of the day had to be the 12s limitless on foams, riding the wheelie bar, beating the 1.8-second pan car. Some of what these guys show up with is ridiculous.

Went racing today. Built the slash street eliminator, but I wanted something for the open class. I'm a basher at heart, so I went for the Kraton over the typhon, infraction, or talion. I figured heat wouldn't be a problem for short drag runs, so I threw the big pinion on it and away we went. Little did I know how it would turn out...

3.5 seconds at 41.7mph. I lost to an Infraction on foams in the second round, no surprise. Street tires next time. And maybe a center spool.

Highlight of the day had to be the 12s limitless on foams, riding the wheelie bar, beating the 1.8-second pan car. Some of what these guys show up with is ridiculous.
Need much smaller tires and gear up. The large diameter tires make you flip like that. Smaller ones will spin instead. Then learn to feather the throttle.

Or a big ass wheelie bar... like 3 ft long ?????

Nice, love dragracing, sweet strip there!

Need much smaller tires and gear up. The large diameter tires make you flip like that. Smaller ones will spin instead. Then learn to feather the throttle.

Or a big ass wheelie bar... like 3 ft long ?????

I'm working on the wheelie bar idea. Might have to make one. For tires, I'm leaning toward the sweep road crushers. They're a little smaller than the stock tires, but still a wide contact patch.

Nice, love dragracing, sweet strip there!

Not too shabby, just a small town crop-duster air strip.

I'm working on the wheelie bar idea. Might have to make one. For tires, I'm leaning toward the sweep road crushers. They're a little smaller than the stock tires, but still a wide contact patch.

Not too shabby, just a small town crop-duster air strip.
Have you considered the new big Hoons

Got that vid too? (y)
Oh man, I really wish. Somebody probably does. If I track it down, I'll post it here.

Have you considered the new big Hoons

There are what now? Exactly the thing I was looking for? Or do you mean the Felony rears? So far, every Kraton I've seen with Hoons is silly looking.

I'd have to see one mocked up... and I'd probably have to switch bodies to something that wouldn't look so ridiculous.
I pre-ordered a set of four 53/107 Hoons to give them a rip on my Typhon and maybe the EXB. Just something a little bigger than normal Hoons.

I'm tempted to throw a limitless body on it, since a typhon would be too short. If only there was a way to mount the limitless front splitter without having the chassis plate.

I bought the Kraton to send it, so making it fast is still part of the plan. Maybe I should have bought the talion, but I'm more about off-road with it, so the giant tires are a big plus. I'm not afraid of some pre-race wrenching, so maybe I just have some alternate parts for "race-mode" laying around.

But before the next race, I'll probably get a wheelie bar on it, mess with the suspension settings, and maybe rebuild the diffs with higher weight oil. 500k center... 100k front and rear? Just spitballing at this point. If I cant afford tires, I might do the old fishing line trick for balooning.

I'm tempted to throw a limitless body on it, since a typhon would be too short. If only there was a way to mount the limitless front splitter without having the chassis plate.

I bought the Kraton to send it, so making it fast is still part of the plan. Maybe I should have bought the talion, but I'm more about off-road with it, so the giant tires are a big plus. I'm not afraid of some pre-race wrenching, so maybe I just have some alternate parts for "race-mode" laying around.

But before the next race, I'll probably get a wheelie bar on it, mess with the suspension settings, and maybe rebuild the diffs with higher weight oil. 500k center... 100k front and rear? Just spitballing at this point. If I cant afford tires, I might do the old fishing line trick for balooning.
I mounted the Infraction splitter to my Typhon 6s ??‍♂️

I mounted the Infraction splitter to my Typhon 6s ??‍♂️

Front bumper mount only? I noticed that was an option, wasn't sure how many screws went into the chassis. You got my gears turning...

While I'm thinking about it... here's a head-scratcher: steep gearing/low punch, or shallow gearing/high punch? 45-ish in 132ft seems slow for a car that will do 50 with the "slow" pinion. I think I need acceleration, but I need it gradual enough to control...

Building for drag racing is a weird relative of speed running where you can make more power than you want. There are a ton of tips and guides for speed runners, but little for drag racers.

Front bumper mount only? I noticed that was an option, wasn't sure how many screws went into the chassis. You got my gears turning...

While I'm thinking about it... here's a head-scratcher: steep gearing/low punch, or shallow gearing/high punch? 45-ish in 132ft seems slow for a car that will do 50 with the "slow" pinion. I think I need acceleration, but I need it gradual enough to control...

Building for drag racing is a weird relative of speed running where you can make more power than you want. There are a ton of tips and guides for speed runners, but little for drag racers.
Yeah I’m not the one to ask about drag setups as it’s not something I’ve done other than just goofing around in the street.

As far as the splitter I have a pic that shows it from the bottom here. This is actually now a Kraton chassis. But it was installed the same on my Typhon chassis too.

B8E89649-D3A4-4252-B926-3D434DEADD33.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back