I upgraded my Servo to a SAVOX on my v3 KRATON but need some help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I just picked a Savox SW-1210SG 1210SG Tall Waterproof Aluminum Case Digital Steel Gear RC Servo but I heard that I will need a bec and program it in order to get the full potential out of the servo? I heard it it will work just fine but it will need to be programed with a bec. I am not good with Electronics so if someone would weight in here and let me know your thoughts? I am just looking for a drop in replacement servo thats a little better in quality then the ARRMA stock one that comes with the V3. What are your thoughts - @WoodiE @slick2500 @Notorious J ?

SW-1210SG.jpeg

With the stock ESC, that servo will be better than the stock servo. However, with an aftermarket ESC or a BEC it will be way better. You don't need to run a BEC in order to get it to perform better than the stock servo though.

With the stock ESC, that servo will be better than the stock servo. However, with an aftermarket ESC or a BEC it will be way better. You don't need to run a BEC in order to get it to perform better than the stock servo though.

I’m no electrical expert either so here’s another question. If running, say a hex6 esc with a cap pack, cause I have yeah racing dual motor fans, should I be running a BEC as well. Does the system require a cap pack if running a BEC? Or vice verse

I’ve also got the savox 1210sg in my v4 kraton

Last edited:
I am just looking for a drop in replacement servo thats a little better in quality then the ARRMA stock one that comes with the V3
Installing a BEC needs some wiring and soldering, without any experienxe that can be difficult. But there are great alternatives.
I have very good experiences (3 years in a Kraton, still running) with the PowerHD DW25LV. It drops right in, is reasonably priced, doesn't need a BEC (6v), is waterproof and a huge improvement over the stock servo.

Just to be clear to the OP, the Savox doesn't need a BEC either. It will also run on 6v which is what the stock BLX ESC's put out. At 6v the Savox 1210SG will perform as follows:

20.0kg/277.7 oz
0.15 sec/60 deg

The stock ADS-15:
14kg/195 oz
O.16 sec/60 deg

As you can see, even at 6v the Savox is an improvement. Where it really shines is at 7.4v:

32kg/444.4 oz
0.13 sec/60 deg

So the question is do you think $80 is worth the improvement on 6v? There are cheaper alternatives for sure. I'm not sure if the other specs at 6v but I'm sure someone can chime in.

I will add that Savox has warrantied 3 of my servos, all the result of BLX185 failures. Wasn't their fault but they covered them anyway.

Installing a BEC needs some wiring and soldering, without any experienxe that can be difficult. But there are great alternatives.
I have very good experiences (3 years in a Kraton, still running) with the PowerHD DW25LV. It drops right in, is reasonably priced, doesn't need a BEC (6v), is waterproof and a huge improvement over the stock servo.

So this is the drop in that does not require a bec?
1570211860868.png

So this is the drop in that does not require a bec?
View attachment 49929
That's the one. And it looks like the specs are better than the Savox at 6v. They don't list specs for any higher voltage so I'm not sure if it can run on anything higher if that is a concern. And one more time. The Savox does NOT require a BEC.

Hi Guys,
I bought the Power HD Servo for my KRATON:
1570216885748.png

I will use the SAVOX in my Sonicwake 36 inch 6s speed boat:
SW36 SIDE SHOT.jpeg

Last edited:
savox servos are build like tanks but 0.15 seems slow to me
I can get a servo 25kg and 0.08s/60 degres for 40$ But its a gample some last really long time somes don't so you need to find the good ones

Last edited:
Be aware that the 1210sg doesn't have an o-ring on the output shaft, so if the servo is mounted with the output shaft pointing up, water resting on it can wick it's way into the servo, then down into the motor. Not sure how they can claim it being waterproof without an o-ring on the output shaft.

The board is conformal coated, but water on motor bushings/bearings can't be good for it.

I just had my 1210sg apart to replace one of the fets on the board as it would only turn one direction. Lasted me a year. While I waited for the IC chips to show up, I replaced the servo with one that cost less than half as much that has better numbers @6V, DS3225. Will see how that does.

You mean if anyone steps up to an esc with a higher voltage onboard BEC and wants to use a high voltage servo and finds out this is not?
Yes. I run two Max6's and a Castle Mamba Monster X and the Savox at 7.4v is outstanding.

Yes. I run two Max6's and a Castle Mamba Monster X and the Savox at 7.4v is outstanding.

Instead of starting a new thread figured I ask the question here since it’s relevant. I’ve got a stock 2050kv arrma motor and I’m building an outcast from scratch and I’m wondering what’s the best esc to pair with it. Do I just go with a stock blx185 or get like a hex6 or a Max6. I read the Max6 is rated for 1500kv and under motor so if I got a Max6 would I need like a hobby star 1480? Is it risky to put a Max6 with that 2050kv stock motor? Just need some advice so I don’t fry my electronics

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back