Kraton I wanna get some more....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatinonkraton90

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I want some more speed outta my kraton. I love it as is for bashing and jumping but I like speed as well lol...what options to give me more some more speed? (Other than the other pinion that comes with it)

If it is all stock RTR as I assume, the speed gear is fine. Anything higher and temps won't be your friend. I believe 15T is the speed gear. 11 or 12T pinion was the installed Gear. I don't run that anymore. I have 16T and 17t depending on outside ambient temps. I'm Running stocker 2050 motors and ESC on my Kraton. With upgrade HS turbo fans.
You never stated if you upgraded your Motor fan.
And exactly what speeds are you looking for? 80mph? How much faster than the optional speed gear. Do you know what pinions you have there in front of you? IDK what you really have there in front of you..:unsure:
More Speed is a relative term. Pinions are your options. I have a whole set of them here. Because it is trial and error. What works for me may not work for you. You will lose torque and gain heat with very large pinions. Better have a temp gun in hand if you don't already. A necessary RC tool.
Easy with that 2050kv motor/ESC motor running 6s and too large a pinion. Especially running large MT Kraton tires.
15 turn pinion is plenty fast for the Kraton for offroad, IMHO. Arrma doesn't recommend that speed pinion for off road however. Add some good fans and go up to 16 or 17T. But it is trial and error in the end what works for you. Stock or un-belted tires will become the weak link with real high speeds

Last edited:
For speed runs? You will need to switch out the pinion for different purposes so that you don't have any heat issues. A new motor and ESC will help a lot, but they are expensive.

Put a new combo in it?😬
Lol you think!? Already?...what would be your idea? Just outta curiosity lol
If it is all stock RTR as I assume, the speed gear is fine. Anything higher and temps won't be your friend. I believe 15T is the speed gear. 11 or 12T pinion was the installed Gear. I don't run that anymore. I have 16T and 17t depending on outside ambient temps. I'm Running stocker 2050 motors and ESC on my Kraton. With upgrade HS turbo fans.
You never stated if you upgraded your Motor fan.
And exactly what speeds are you looking for? 80mph? How much faster than the optional speed gear. Do you know what pinions you have there in front of you? IDK what you really have there in front of you..:unsure:
More Speed is a relative term. Pinions are your options. I have a whole set of them here. Because it is trial and error. What works for me may not work for you. You will lose torque and gain heat with very large pinions. Better have a temp gun in hand if you don't already. A necessary RC tool.
Easy with that 2050kv motor/ESC motor running 6s and too large a pinion. Especially running large MT Kraton tires.
15 turn pinion is plenty fast for the Kraton for offroad, IMHO. Arrma doesn't recommend that speed pinion for off road however. Add some good fans and go up to 16 or 17T. But it is trial and error in the end what works for you. Stock or un-belted tires will become the weak link with real high speeds
As always great advice and it's much appreciated. I thought the speed gear that came with it was bigger than 15t? I may be wrong. Honestly I haven't really broken it in yet mostly in part because of work lol. Don't get me wrong I love it as it is, incredible RTR for sure. I agree it's all trial and error so that I will be doing. And no I haven't gotten a motor fan yet but I will be soon. You use hobbystar turbo fans you said? Jenny's?
Get infraction 46t spur and run 20-25 or dive deep in the rabbit hole and get a 8s 1650 34/34 that’s what I did so much fun knock your balls in the dirt 😆
🤣🤣 constructive criticism haha! 🤙👌💪😄
For speed runs? You will need to switch out the pinion for different purposes so that you don't have any heat issues. A new motor and ESC will help a lot, but they are expensive.
Geez I know lol. I spent so much money so fast a year or 2 ago it wasn't even funny trying to upgrade every car I had at the same time lol. But ya I appreciate the advice. I'm gonna switch gears and eventually look into new combos 🤙
Loaded question so I'll sit back and listen to all the ways you can spend big buck$. 😜
jk!
Lol no believe me I know all about how this hobby will drain your account faster than you can blink lol...I enjoy seeing all the money spending aspects of the comments! My favorite part 😆

Last edited:
get a GPS speedometer, if you can't track your progress, how can you measure your success?
Lol how do you know I don't have a GPS? 🤔😄 and there's isn't a need to track my progress because I'm not at the point where i want to begin recording the progression. But I appreciate it for future references.

Lol you think!? Already?...what would be your idea? Just outta curiosity lol
I upgraded my stock ESC and motor after only a couple of months. My reason wasn't to get more speed, it was to alleviate my safety concerns.

The stock 150A ESCs used in the Arrma 6s vehicles have a history of catching fire or failing in other manners. Do a search here and on reviews for the Spektrum 150A ESC on Amazon and you will see what I mean. While the numbers may not be huge, I didn't want that to happen to me.

With the Castle MMX 8s 1650kv system I put in my Kraton I did get an increase in both speed and torque. The larger can size of the motor allows me to run a larger pinion (18T or 20T) and not have major heat issues.

I want some more speed outta my kraton. I love it as is for bashing and jumping but I like speed as well lol...what options to give me more some more speed? (Other than the other pinion that comes with it)
Put the speed pinion that comes with it in. If you are running the one that it came with you will be amazed at the difference. Get yourself a good motor fan and rip away! 12 tooth is for training lol 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back