Kraton I want an Arrma Kraton 8s so bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
So I've been reconstructing my Kraton 6s , not quite done yet , waiting on back hubs and chassis braces then it's compleated !! But y ! Do I want a 8s so bad , that thing is crazy stable and a very well built truck , I see myself getting one but Y !!!!! Oh ya ! , It's that war inside my head ?????

I haven’t got to drive mine yet but....
Sitting next to my K6s makes it look like a childish toy ? and that thing is almost Bombproofed !

In life, we are taught bigger is better, so we want it. Its a larger scale. Almost double the weight of the K6s.
Are you prepared for bigger? That's the question.
But the K8S is here to stay. Lets face it, Arrma knocked it out of the ballpark with this one. Excellent product....again.
And the faint of heart need not apply.(y) And I do not work for Arrma. :LOL:

I have both. The 8s is really big. pictures do not give it justice. Its a little slow out of the box but has potential to be very nasty. My 6s will get more wheel time but my 8s is going to be a monster. All kinds of potential for speed and strength but it will not come cheap.

Short answer, you need both and then some.

The 6S will be more durable for jumps, tricks and flat out speed. The 8S will be more fun for ripping around and tackling rougher terrain. Then you'll need some 1/10 scale or minis to bash inside.

Short answer, you need both and then some.

The 6S will be more durable for jumps, tricks and flat out speed. The 8S will be more fun for ripping around and tackling rougher terrain. Then you'll need some 1/10 scale or minis to bash inside.

If we are talking stock out of the box, I would not say that the 6S is more durable. Both will bend the chassis and the center brace, but the 6S will bend the shock towers and the steering rack. The plastic center chassis braces are weak. I've ejected more battery trays that I can count. I've busted plenty of gearboxes and wing mounts. People have a tendency to destroy the diffs as well. I love the 6S trucks but to paint them as stronger that the 8S? I don't think so.

Yes that 8s is definitely indestructible , this chassis bending is still gunna be a issue with the hot racing braces , I'm not gunna be happy , I don't send my vehicles at all , I jump 6-10 high or as long on our track the 6s handles it with ease , so I'm guessing the 8s would really handle my style of driveing , but I still worry bout the towers bending on both , I'm fighting myself from getting the 8s cuz I've been saving for 3 months for the RAMINATOR !! THATS GUNNA BE A JOURNY !!

I'm waiting until M2C has a chassis and some shock towers up for the 8s..... Then I'll probably do it. My 6s would be folded up on itself in the dumpster a dozen times over if not for those upgrades, I'm pretty sure.

If we are talking stock out of the box, I would not say that the 6S is more durable. Both will bend the chassis and the center brace, but the 6S will bend the shock towers and the steering rack. The plastic center chassis braces are weak. I've ejected more battery trays that I can count. I've busted plenty of gearboxes and wing mounts. People have a tendency to destroy the diffs as well. I love the 6S trucks but to paint them as stronger that the 8S? I don't think so.

I just assumed it went without saying that the 6S needs all the popular mods 1st?

I'm waiting until M2C has a chassis and some shock towers up for the 8s..... Then I'll probably do it. My 6s would be folded up on itself in the dumpster a dozen times over if not for those upgrades, I'm pretty sure.

I'm not sure someone is going to make aluminum shock towers for the 8s. First, I don't think you need them. The stock composite towers are super thick. Second, I wouldn't want the added weight. This truck is heavy enough.
I just assumed it went without saying that the 6S needs all the popular mods 1st?

Once M2C comes out with the chassis and braces, this truck will be sturdier than the 6s truck even with the 6s mods. It's built so much better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back