Felony I want more speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobinseattle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Typhon 3s
Morning everyone,

I have a Arrma Felony and I have done speed runs with the optional high speed gearing. I have gotten a top speed of 84mph. I would like to see if I can get it faster but I don't want tear things up. I am curious what others have done to make it faster?

It's all about setting your goals.
You can't have a setup which is perfect in both bashing and speedrunning.
If you wanna hit speeds way above 100mph you need to rebuild have your car to make it bash again and visa versa... And it indeed takes $$$ to make it go up to those speeds. There is still some stretch in your current setup though.

Stuff you can do to get the most of it. Lower it down, stiffen up the suspension. Remove everything that causes drag. Balance you wheels. Smoothen your drivetrain and bearings. Gear up further to the point you actually hit the thermal/voltage/Amp protection. But most of all, be smooth on the throttle, squeezing is bad.

Thanks everyone. I plan on getting a balance tool to balance the wheels. Would changing to a higher pinion get me to around 95mph? If so which one?

You would need a 26T or 27T to hit mid nineties. But it would need all i mentioned earlier not to hit one of those esc cut-offs on 3/4 throttle. Best get you some range of 23-27T pinions and work your way up.

You would need a 26T or 27T to hit mid nineties. But it would need all i mentioned earlier not to hit one of those esc cut-offs on 3/4 throttle. Best get you some range of 23-27T pinions and work your way up.
Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back