Kraton I want to modernize my V2 Kraton.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamj804

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
I have a V2 Kraton that I would like to add some of the new parts to. I have model AR106131. I am going to get the EXB body and would like to also install the chassis braces and center brace. I am open to replacing the shock towers with EXB if needed. Does anyone have a list of what parts I would need? I am wondering if it is too much of an undertaking. If this were to work out, I would do the same to my V2 Senton 6S. Thanks for any help you can provide with part numbers. I will order the parts kit from Jennys but don't know what other parts I will need to make everything fit together.

Last edited:
I know very little about the previous models of the Kraton (I own a V5) so others here can probably give you better info.

I've upgraded my V5 with some of the EXB parts (shock towers, shock standoffs, and a few other bits), but I haven't replaced the V5 diffs with EXB diffs. I'm using Hot Racing chassis braces rather than the EXB braces.

From my uneducated point of view, the EXB shock towers, shock standoffs, and chassis braces might be the easiest changes. The center brace requires you to install the brace mounts on both ends of the vehicle. I'm sure there are more EXB parts you could use, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to point them out.

I know very little about the previous models of the Kraton (I own a V5) so others here can probably give you better info.

I've upgraded my V5 with some of the EXB parts (shock towers, shock standoffs, and a few other bits), but I haven't replaced the V5 diffs with EXB diffs. I'm using Hot Racing chassis braces rather than the EXB braces.

From my uneducated point of view, the EXB shock towers, shock standoffs, and chassis braces might be the easiest changes. The center brace requires you to install the brace mounts on both ends of the vehicle. I'm sure there are more EXB parts you could use, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to point them out.
Thanks. Yes, there isn't much info out there on conversion from the older the models.

Thanks. Yes, there isn't much info out there on conversion from the older the models.
I suggest you download the exploded views for the Kraton 6s EXB roller from the Arrma web site: all the parts you want should be shown there along with the part numbers. Quite a few of the parts may be available from Jenny's, but some sell out quickly. Get them when you see them.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/ARA106053

I have a v2 kraton I use as a winter basher, and have "upgraded" it with newer parts.

Parts I replaced:

Diff cases (v4 v5) have extra support on the inside.
Shocks ( 4mm shafts on the newer models.)
Turnbuckles
Battery tray
Motor mount
Front bumper
All arms
Shock stand offs
Shock towers

Things like Braces etc are a drop in fit, I used v4 arms, towers as I had them in my parts bin. If you buy v5/exb arms also buy the towers as the geometry is different. Lastly use something like backflip/bf lp as the minokawa are a terrible tyre. đź‘Ť

I picked up a set of EXB shock towers for my v3 Kraton, then found that I had to upgrade to the EXB arms as well (along with the v5/EXB lower shock pins) for proper shock fit. Unplanned upgrade, which actually was fortuitous - found a hairline crack in one of the stock rear arms at the inboard end during disassembly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back