I was trolling the Traxxas family page on fb and found this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They just create to much asshattery because well people are something that rhymes with brass poles.

But obviously the guy who responded first to the Facebook post has never owned a Traxxas either, I present exhibit A. Skip to 5:40 for the good stuff.
Looks like @jondilly1974 was used for the durability test ?

It's not about the quality or build that's put me off of Traxxas, it's their business model. Suing people and pushing them out just to be able to compete shows a lack of confidence in their own product. I was originally going to get a Traxxas, who wouldn't after seeing their cars drive on water, but I can't support a company that makes it's money by bleeding the hobby.

I don't get into the brand rivalry except to joke around and tease my buddies. Most of it comes from people feeling they have to defend their choice. As if someone calling their favorite brand crap then they are calling them crap for making that decision. All of that goes away for you once you stop giving a poop what others think. Like I tell new riders who get sucked into brand wars, as long as it has two wheels, ride it.

Yeah once I found that out from my other lhs, I was put off by traxxas. I was shocked to hear that they sued everyone and unfortunately put some of them out of business. Insecurity with money to buy the best lawyers ?‍♂️

Oh, and you no longer need to worry about your Traxxas crashing and breaking parts.

180905-crash-prevention-splash.jpg

My dislike for Traxxas comes from their shady business practices, their hypocrisy and their total disregard for what they are doing to this hobby.

To be honest I have a lot more money in my 2 Arrmas than I have in my 3 Traxxas vehicles(if you don't count the merv, little pile of ****)
Haha the merv... I have such a love hate with that thing. It's honestly amazingly fun for its size but it's a PITA platform to work on and the only way I ever got it to stop popping off bits was to add the tbone full bumper/skid plate combo and put rpm a arms and hot racing carriers and gpm aluminum shocks. Basically it's awesome once you buy it 2x over lmao.

That group in McKinney is a cult following determined to monopolize. The hardcore fanboys are hypnotized and bred all things McKinney. I think they are do for a reality check. I noticed so many RC businesses big and small and RC celebs. are actually afraid of them. Look what they did to RC Saylers. That was sickening. And RC Saylers are now even afraid to say the name of this cult, referring to them as "The company", like they are a god. I think its time that this Cult be addressed as an unfriendly Industry bully.(y)

I don’t mind traxxas in the crawler world as long as they don’t do something stupid there, I like my Trx4. In terms of bashing I’d take my granite over a traxxas 4x4 that requires $140 in driveshafts to make it actually drive (ridiculous) any day. I’ve been disappointed with it the past couple days but as far as I can remember it’s bone stock and goes 50mph most of its life, so for a $300 truck I can’t say anything to bad. A metal diff and driveshaft upgrade would be sweet. Anyway the rear diff did last almost 6 months, for plastic that’s pretty darn good (but) they’re never in stock at the lhs. Front diff didn’t even look used.
I have a Traxxas TRX-4 as a give me (freebie). The transmission is subpar ( single or two speed) compared to any of Axial's. I also have 3 Axials. The TRX-4 may be the only Traxxas product that is viable, I admit. It requires extensive upgrades to compete. IMO But if you noticed, the TRX-4 never competes at any serious level. It is also a just a basher like the rest of Traxxass offerings. And that may not matter to most Hobbyists and even Traxxas. I understand that too.

What's even more obvious is folks are recognizing and spending their dollars with Arrma. It's fun to watch.
Like I stated many times on this forum, my LHS who I've spent the most $$ over 25 years became a Traxxas Shop. Their indoor Track closed and now Traxxas Inventory is stored there. I go there once in a while. maybe I will pick up paint or supplies. I always break his shoes about carrying a better selection of brands. I always ask for Arrma and Axial stuff. If selling Traxxas pays his bills, who am I to say otherwise. Traxxas owns him and his TRX inventory for sure. However, he knows I am not his typical customer or the type he has had years past. He is not educated in Arrma. He is all about Traxxas. That's his focus. He sold his soul. He is prevented from selling other competitive brands. Reality for 1000's of Traxxas committed LHS's around the world. I am glad to see a Giant like Horizon Hobby, not dealing with Traxxas RTR's. Whether Traxxas or Horizon had the final say in that decision. That still sets a precedence. I have a suspicion that TRX is struggling with all the fall out reputation wise they have received. Their method of damage control is a clear sign of that. The incident over RC Saylers Youtube video is just a recent example of this. Despite what others say, YouTube/Google was complicit with Traxxas against RC Saylers. RC Saylers cannot admit that. It would just hurt them. They are small fish and need to protect themselves, taking the middle road appeasing all parties concerned.
The best way to deal with Traxxas is to not deal with them. Not sell a single part or RTR. in your shop. When Customers come in your LHS and ask for Traxxas, steer them away from that brand. That simple. If you lose a potential sale over it. Eat it. They will come around as Traxxas becomes less and less popular, despite their Market manipulation. I could go on and on. Sorry for the rant. Again.(y)

Like I stated many times on this forum, my LHS who I've spent the most $$ over 25 years became a Traxxas Shop. Their indoor Track closed and now Traxxas Inventory is stored there. I go there once in a while. maybe I will pick up paint or supplies. I always break his shoes about carrying a better selection of brands. I always ask for Arrma and Axial stuff. If selling Traxxas pays his bills, who am I to say otherwise. Traxxas owns him and his TRX inventory for sure. However, he knows I am not his typical customer or the type he has had years past. He is not educated in Arrma. He is all about Traxxas. That's his focus. He sold his soul. He is prevented from selling other competitive brands. Reality for 1000's of Traxxas committed LHS's around the world. I am glad to see a Giant like Horizon Hobby, not dealing with Traxxas RTR's. Whether Traxxas or Horizon had the final say in that decision. That still sets a precedence. I have a suspicion that TRX is struggling with all the fall out reputation wise they have received. Their method of damage control is a clear sign of that. The incident over RC Saylers Youtube video is just a recent example of this. Despite what others say, YouTube/Google was complicit with Traxxas against RC Saylers. RC Saylers cannot admit that. It would just hurt them. They are small fish and need to protect themselves, taking the middle road appeasing all parties concerned.
The best way to deal with Traxxas is to not deal with them. Not sell a single part or RTR. in your shop. When Customers come in your LHS and ask for Traxxas, steer them away from that brand. That simple. If you lose a potential sale over it. Eat it. They will come around as Traxxas becomes less and less popular, despite their Market manipulation. I could go on and on. Sorry for the rant. Again.(y)
I owned a rustler as my first rc and i saw what they did with their competitors and i felt terrible gpbuying the rustler and it was falling apart i gave it my love and it did not gave it back to me ... if i get another traxxas it will be an used one not a brand new one i don't support that kind of behavior from a company

I owned a rustler as my first rc and i saw what they did with their competitors and i felt terrible gpbuying the rustler and it was falling apart i gave it my love and it did not gave it back to me ... if i get another traxxas it will be an used one not a brand new one i don't support that kind of behavior from a company
I have worked on many friends Trx stuff years past. Always never liked them. Being a track guy early in this hobby TRX would have never been an option for me. Years back, all they did was copy and steal Patents that others brands had established. It was so blatant. I was given a free messed up TRX-4 and welcomed the opportunity to evaluate it. But I would never ever spend 5 cents on anything Traxxas. I have felt that way for more than 30+ years in this hobby. Traxxas has been this way for so many years. It is only recently that many others have opened their eyes.

If I would have been better educated about traxxas then they would have not gotten a penny from me based on their business practices. Looking back now I can see that my lhs was pushing traxxas (maybe paid to move their inventory) more than the other brands he carried. Which is funny as he is a losi guy. For what I paid for the rustler vxl i could have got my son a pretty sweet arrma as his first rc. That infraction converted him ?

Traxxas can lick my hairy bean bag.
:ROFLMAO:Easy now, you might get a strike for saying that company's name without their express permission.:LOL:

Haha the merv... I have such a love hate with that thing. It's honestly amazingly fun for its size but it's a PITA platform to work on and the only way I ever got it to stop popping off bits was to add the tbone full bumper/skid plate combo and put rpm a arms and hot racing carriers and gpm aluminum shocks. Basically it's awesome once you buy it 2x over lmao.

Pretty much any Traxxas vehicle you are almost always better off buying it used, as a roller or building one from aftermarket parts. Some of them you can actually build without having to use a single Traxxas part, but at that point you are in Tekno territory money wise. I have actually seen E-Maxx builds that were over $4,000 :eek: yes E-Maxx not X-Maxx.

Best bet if you see a Traxxas model that interests you is to buy used. I see people selling 2wd Stampedes, Slashes and Rustlers on Facebook for $50 that are completely rtr. Replace all the crap that needs to be replaced with aftermarket parts and they are just as durable or more so than an Arrma. Out of all the Traxxas vehicles I have owned the only one I purchased new was the Summit back in January of 2017, I've replaced all of the electronics, 1 front a arm, 1 front toe link, a rear diff and 1 axle since then. It's still rolling on the Factory bearings lol. I really should replace those, but it would seriously take me an entire day to replace all of the bearings in that thing as there are a total of 45 bearings in that truck. The Fast Eddy sealed bearing kit is $60.00.....

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back