I was trolling the Traxxas family page on fb and found this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine liked my Axial crawlers. He enjoyed crawling with me sometimes. He showed up one day with his new TRX-4 Sport despite what I taught him about Traxxas and RC in general. I didn't say much. I was happy he finally got something of his own. He never really got used to fixing it though. And he broke the most basic stupidest things. I always ended up taking it home with me to "fix or repair daily".:LOL:
That's when I got sick of dealing with Traxxas parts etc. This went on for a while. Till one day he just gave it to me. He lost interest.
I stripped the whole rig down to a slider and only used non Traxxas upgrade parts where they were needed. I had donor wheels and tires and bumpers etc. Except I needed that Traxxas Metal servo horn($10.). I tried many after market ones. Clearance issues. I ordered direct from Traxxas as the horn was on B/O everywhere at the time. After that, Traxxas kept hammering me with emails and marketing crap trying to sway me into all things Traxxas. I emailed them a few times to unsubscribe me. Then I sent an email stating I don't like any Traxxas products or their company and why and to stop harassing me. They stopped finally.
I tossed the Sport body( damaged anyway) and painted a clear Notorious body I had sitting around that fit like a glove. There is not a Traxxas logo anywhere on this rig any longer. A few Traxxas guys locally at the park didn't realize it was a Trx-4. I don't advertise it though. But I still prefer my Axial rigs. I don't like the TRX-4 transmission at all. Single or 2 speed version. It's horrible with way too much lash. Noisy as a bastard, no matter what you do. My Axials run like a Swiss Watch.(y)

Last edited:
I will admit that after my TRX-4 conversion(using only bare OE chassis and bare axles) it can hang with any other crawler. I would never have purchased one however. The whole upgrade market for TRX is kind of lopsided and more costly.(n) The TRX-4 is a copied design anyway. Who is Traxxas fooling?:unsure:

I'll never buy a traxxas again. Sorry traxxas spy's ???
I got more money getting my deceased brothers v1 erevo back up n running than all my other trucks with fixes n upgrades. Again enough said

Lets face it, some brands and rigs become endless money pits. Much like scale cars. You have to know when to cut your losses and move on to something better. Hence Arrma. Out of most of my collection, I spend more time running my Arrma's than fixing them.(y)
Anything Traxxas and you are just $spinning$ your wheels. Sucking wind real hard.:LOL:

I just got back into the hobby a few months ago.. used to race associated stuff and loved it... 20 years ago!!! ... anyways, I did my research before my major purchase, (Kraton V 4) and found traxxas far inferior. And as well as the lawsuit... nuff said. That sealed the deal. Arrma for life. Good quality trucks, good pricing for what you get out of the box.

I still cant believe they Bullied "RcSaylors". Two of the nicest people ever and what a friendly youtube channel.
I agree, but I don’t know the story as I’m a noob to the hobby
Lets face it, some brands and rigs become endless money pits. Much like scale cars. You have to know when to cut your losses and move on to something better. Hence Arrma. Out of most of my collection, I spend more time running my Arrma's than fixing them.(y)
Anything Traxxas and you are just $spinning$ your wheels. Sucking wind real hard.:LOL:

I know the feeling with the rustler and slash 4x4 - both vxl models

Also started this hobby in the 90's racing AE. AE as of late is a no go for me. Ever since ThunderTiger got their hands on them. Not the AE I remember. My son received a ProSE 4x4 SC. what a nightmare. within a year no more support, now discontinued. Sits on the shelf with broken rear diff gears. Unavailable. I spoke with AE at length, they never told me the rig was being discontinued. stated tney would email me when the diff parts were available. They just led me on for months. Before getting an email that the B/O was really a discontinued model and the rig was no more. I told my son I would give him my Notorious, new at the time. I never looked back.:)

Right I love watching Nate and Abby, Popeye gets in there sometimes too. Didn't they recently have a baby?
Yeah they did. Super nice and laid back people.

I skimmed it. One person made a good comment about not suing the Chinese. Yeah good luck with that one. Traxxas would have been given the large ?from China.
Bullys will end up finding that bigger bully and catch a beating. That Bigger Bully is China.(y)
Bullys usually take on the little guy. And The RC Saylers were an example of the littlest guy they could find. I wish it were me that TRX bullied. They would have had a surprise for sure. I def would have lost my Youtube account though for sure. Youtube was 50% of the problem in my opinion. Barring free speech !!:mad:

Also started this hobby in the 90's racing AE. AE as of late is a no go for me. Ever since ThunderTiger got their hands on them. Not the AE I remember. My son received a ProSE 4x4 SC. what a nightmare. within a year no more support, now discontinued. Sits on the shelf with broken rear diff gears. Unavailable. I spoke with AE at length, they never told me the rig was being discontinued. stated tney would email me when the diff parts were available. They just led me on for months. Before getting an email that the B/O was really a discontinued model and the rig was no more. I told my son I would give him my Notorious, new at the time. I never looked back.:)

A good friend of mine use to race for serpent (maybe he still does) back in the 90’s and that’s what got my interest in the hobby. It wasn’t until recently that I managed to ignite that spark.

My friend was hardcore though being sponsored and all. He was UK champ, Euro champ and maybe at one point world champ too. I know he would win both the UK and euro titles very often.

O.k , what did I miss about Traxxas and RC Saylors ?
Long story short, Rc Saylors made a video of a cheap Chinese rc car and in the title of their video they had something along the lines of baby xmaxxx???? And they compared it to an actual Xmaxx in their video. Traxxas got butthurt and threatened them for using their IP in their description and comparing it to the Xmaxx or you could read the thread posted earlier that goes into greater detail.

The Big Traxxas Bully beat up the little kid on the block. Got everyone shaking in their pants. You know the drill. Google the rest. Most Videos have been taken down because the Bully has juice (in house legal team) and YouTube bending over with Vaseline no less. The little kid on the block still has a black eye and knows to not cross the street again. What else is new. The Bully still lingers.:whistle:
I never had problems with bullies. And I never was a bully. But also learned that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back