IC5 -vs- XT90

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicslp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Anybody else switch to IC5? I almost feel like a traitor switching because I've been a diehard XT90 user for like 10 years lol. I really do like XT90 and have almost zero issues with them, but I just buy so many RC rigs now that come with IC5 that I've finally decided to switch. I posted a vid about a year ago on how I swap XT90 and it was pretty popular, so I figured I'd post this one as well, hope it helps!

Last edited:
Is there any difference going from say ic5 to QS8 or merely if you have a castle ESC?
QS8 probably make the most sense in high amp applications like what you see in speed running. My favorite part about them though, is probably the "no-spark" resistor. The connectors I was using before would get little nips taken out of them from the arcing.

QS8 probably make the most sense in high amp applications like what you see in speed running. My favorite part about them though, is probably the "no-spark" resistor. The connectors I was using before would get little nips taken out of them from the arcing.
almost certain you can get xt90s with resistors in them, for anit spark

almost certain you can get xt90s with resistors in them, for anit spark
I think so too. I'm just a fan of the QS8 design. They can take huge wire gauges and you can use the male connectors in a pinch if you don't have any 8mm bullets on hand.

next time you have a connector that pulls apart to easy just use something you can shove in the middle of the connector to pry the prongs apart A LITTLE. you can do the opposite if it becomes to hard.
Anybody else switch to IC5? I almost feel like a traitor switching because I've been a diehard XT90 user for like 10 years lol. I really do like XT90 and have almost zero issues with them, but I just buy so many RC rigs now that come with IC5 that I've finally decided to switch. I posted a vid about a year ago on how I swap XT90 and it was pretty popular, so I figured I'd post this one as well, hope it helps!

I have a set of lipos who puff and get really hot then flat down again once cooldown. Im always almost full trigger from beginning to end on my kraton and notorious.they are two years old and cell IR ARE under 10
The first time it happened i was running my noti under 40c weather hard so yeah..

I have a set of lipos who puff and get really hot then flat down again once cooldown. Im always almost full trigger from beginning to end on my kraton and notorious.they are two years old and cell IR ARE under 10
The first time it happened i was running my noti under 40c weather hard so yeah..
i don't know what the hell your getting at. thats an incredibly unwise decision to keep using those lipos

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back