iCharger 406 duo storage/discharge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr3pitus

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Nero
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
I'm trying to figure out the most convenient thing to use as a resistor bank to use with an icharger 406 duo in order to efficiently discharge my unused lipos to storage voltage.

The charger can push some nice numbers but I need a bank that can be used for 3s to 6s lipos. A lot of the resistor banks I see are made really for 1 and 2s packs. Anyone know of a good one that the iCharger can utilize well?

There is some company that makes one google battery discharger. I’ll go try find it now
Found it motiv

8704F197-0DBA-412E-9C35-8BBB603B8631.png

There is some company that makes one google battery discharger. I’ll go try find it now
Found it motiv
I was looking at that one too but it seemed focused on 2s and didn't state it's resistor specs explicitly, at least not where I was looking. Maybe I'll email them and ask.

Yeah leaning that way. Would probably be able to pull just shy of 8amps discharge for 6s 10 for 4s which would be ok and keep the charger free
I pull over 8A on 6S. ??

The isdt 200 is 200w/30a so on 25.2v it would max at 7.9a, same as the SkyRc right
Sounds like it. The BT part sounds cool and my SkyRC charger has it, .....

But I never use it ??‍♂️

Won’t the 406 discharge with what’s in it? It says it will.
https://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-406duo.html

In the specs. Discharge current up to 40 amp.
Is there a reason this is better to discharge the battery with something compared to just putting the charger into storage mode and let it do it’s thing? Is it about the time? I’m just a basher so the time thing doesn’t matter to me.

I use 10 1156 bulbs soldered to a brass rods for the discharge load on second channel. Then you set maximum discharge voltage around 14 volts and current you want to discharge at. The charger will regulate the discharge to not overvolt the bulbs and charger stays cool while discharging. You can add more bulbs if you need a higher discharge rate. Without using bulbs or resistors, the storage and discharge maximum is 80 watts.

I'm trying to figure out the most convenient thing to use as a resistor bank to use with an icharger 406 duo in order to efficiently discharge my unused lipos to storage voltage.

The charger can push some nice numbers but I need a bank that can be used for 3s to 6s lipos. A lot of the resistor banks I see are made really for 1 and 2s packs. Anyone know of a good one that the iCharger can utilize well?
You can just hook the batteries to the 406 and hit storage charge it will do what needs to be done. You don’t need anything extra.

You can just hook the batteries to the 406 and hit storage charge it will do what needs to be done. You don’t need anything extra.
iCharger duos have massively high discharge capabilities when using an external resistor or battery in the second channel to do a regenerative discharge. It would let me put like 8 batteries in parallel and discharge to storage in the time of one. If you use the inbuilt resistors on the charger I believe you are limited to a 80w asynchronous 125w synchronous discharge vs a 40a 1400w discharge (the same as it's charge specs). Thats my main reason. With a good setup you could even fully cycle a full balance board of packs from storage to full to storage in a relatively short amount of time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back