Ideas for a motor "cushion"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrak76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
We know that the motors are susceptible to being damaged from smacking the chassis on hard landings.

What can I do to mitigate this?
I've seen hot glue, 3D printed parts, etc. I'm curious what (if any) folks may be using on their rigs?

I was thinking of some foam "packing material", neoprene pads...

We know that the motors are susceptible to being damaged from smacking the chassis on hard landings.

What can I do to mitigate this?
I've seen hot glue, 3D printed parts, etc. I'm curious what (if any) folks may be using on their rigs?

I was thinking of some foam "packing material", neoprene pads...
Was thinking something of the same. Irs what I use under my 🔋. Works well

Some type of rubber not too soft. Double-side tape to chassis.

Last edited:
Put a rubber on your can

1626571091689.png

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Hitting up ebay now for some o-rings. Great idea!

Hitting up ebay now for some o-rings. Great idea!
Just a helpful tip, get ones with a smaller ID than the OD of your motor so they don't move on you. If your motor can is a 40mm diameter, then get 35mm ID rings. Try to get ones that are as thick as the distance between your chassis and motor. You don't want it to push up on the motor, just take up the gap.

Just be mindful that the motor is going to heat up and transfer that heat into whatever you use to pack it………. Anything rubber won’t last long.

You could drill and tap 3 4mm holes into the chassis underneath where the motor is located. Cut out abit of sheet metal and place that in between the motor and chassis. Wind the bolts in to prop/wedge that sheet metal up in place to where you want it. Have a third bolt through the sheet metal at the rear of the motor to hold it in place so it doesn’t slide out. Use locknuts too if you can get them on.

You could drill and tap 3 4mm holes into the chassis underneath where the motor is located. Cut out abit of sheet metal and place that in between the motor and chassis. Wind the bolts in to prop/wedge that sheet metal up in place to where you want it. Have a third bolt through the sheet metal at the rear of the motor to hold it in place so it doesn’t slide out. Use locknuts too if you can get them on.
Or simply buy a $0.25 rubber ring and slip it over the end of the can.... 🤦‍♂️

Or simply buy a $0.25 rubber ring and slip it over the end of the can.... 🤦‍♂️
And how long is that going to last…… it’s not sitting on the can in a neutral position…… it’s stretched right????…… add in the heat factor of the motor, vibration plus up and down ambient temperatures……. That sucker will start cracking and moving all over the place if not snap………. Band-aid fix mate 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️…… definitely nothing permanent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back