Ideas for a motor "cushion"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're RC cars so I'd suggest that nothing about them is permanent in the fashion of what you'd expect with a 1:1 car. The other point is that the motor is not connected to the chassis at both ends because of the problems that presents with chassis flex so something that can be used as shock absorption in bad impacts and can be easily replaced if need be seems like a reasonable approach.

And how long is that going to last…… it’s not sitting on the can in a neutral position…… it’s stretched right????…… add in the heat factor of the motor, vibration plus up and down ambient temperatures……. That sucker will start cracking and moving all over the place if not snap………. Band-aid fix mate 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️…… definitely nothing permanent.
I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not, but having to swap out a $0.25 $0.97 rubber ring twice a year isn’t a big deal to me.

As far as drilling out my chassis to mount some metal plate, I have to do that every time I change my gearing too? F off with that nonsense.

And how long is that going to last…… it’s not sitting on the can in a neutral position…… it’s stretched right????…… add in the heat factor of the motor, vibration plus up and down ambient temperatures……. That sucker will start cracking and moving all over the place if not snap………. Band-aid fix mate 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️…… definitely nothing permanent.
My o-rings have been on for 6 months. No issues. With a 250F temp range, if you melt them, your doing something wrong. Mine haven't moved a bit.

MTR O-Rings.jpg

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not, but having to swap out a $0.25 $0.97 rubber ring twice a year isn’t a big deal to me.

As far as drilling out my chassis to mount some metal plate, I have to do that every time I change my gearing too? F off with that nonsense.
No need to get your Knickers all up in a twist mate. What you reckon might work I may not and Vice versa, that’s why they call it a forum………..lighten up 😉

Not sure why you would need to drill holes every time you change the gearing?? The plate is adjustable as you use the bolts to move it up and down to where you want it. Sit a little rubber on top for a cushion (same rubber used to mount spotlights on top of)……. Lock it in place and you’re cheering.

No need to get your Knickers all up in a twist mate. What you reckon might work I may not and Vice versa, that’s why they call it a forum………..lighten up 😉

Not sure why you would need to drill holes every time you change the gearing?? The plate is adjustable as you use the bolts to move it up and down to where you want it. Sit a little rubber on top for a cushion (same rubber used to mount spotlights on top of)……. Lock it in place and you’re cheering.
This isn’t the first thread you’ve trolled this week, so don’t act all angelic here.

This isn’t the first thread you’ve trolled this week, so don’t act all angelic here.
You don’t know me from a bar a soap bud. Just because I don’t agree with something or bite my tongue when I don’t think somethings right you call it trolling??….
Check my posts douche bag!!…..iv been on this forum for a year……..where I can help someone out I will and yeah…. If I don’t agree with something I’ll let them know…… that’s my personality.
Get over it!! 🤷‍♂️🤣

You don’t know me from a bar a soap bud. Just because I don’t agree with something or bite my tongue when I don’t think somethings right you call it trolling??….
Check my posts douche bag!!…..iv been on this forum for a year……..where I can help someone out I will and yeah…. If I don’t agree with something I’ll let them know…… that’s my personality.
Get over it!! 🤷‍♂️🤣
I've been on this forum for almost 5 years but that doesn't mean i'm always right.
Lets agree to disagree and get back to the subject please.

We know that the motors are susceptible to being damaged from smacking the chassis on hard landings.

What can I do to mitigate this?
I've seen hot glue, 3D printed parts, etc. I'm curious what (if any) folks may be using on their rigs?

I was thinking of some foam "packing material", neoprene pads...
We have used shoe inserts and a razor blade a few times. We have a random piece of rubber we found that's wedge shaped that works good. I'm cutting a hole in it so it can be ziptied to the motor. My husband hit a bump during a speedrun with my K6 and it flew out. I think because of a small amount of flex happens. Who knows? That should keep it in and still be a cushion.

We know that the motors are susceptible to being damaged from smacking the chassis on hard landings.

What can I do to mitigate this?
I've seen hot glue, 3D printed parts, etc. I'm curious what (if any) folks may be using on their rigs?

I was thinking of some foam "packing material", neoprene pads...
I use furniture pads. Sticky on one side and takes the impact well, never had a damaged motor. Just need a small square under the back of can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back