Limitless Ideas for venting the arrma limitless body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean 1978

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
I want to vent a body for my limitless but keep strength, keep it looking cool, and not turn it into a parachute. This will be my bashing, racing and drifting body.

Have you thought about trimming a vent in the side pods to let in more fresh air?

Last edited:
I have fans but they are anemic they came as a set from yeah racing. Just figured venting a bit would help since I would o ly use the body when parking lot racing and drifting. It stays cool enough for now but when it starts hitting high 80's low 90's here it may get a little too hot.

They look like great fans, but what’s up with the 4-wire setup? How do you wire them?
So 2 of the wires are not needed being I believe the blue and yellow. I just clip those off at the fan and put either a 3s balance plug or a JST plug on the positive and negative wires being the red and black. They are rated for 12v so can be ran on 3s which pushes insane air or some I'll just run off the BEC at 7v and still pushes a lot of air. Here's a short video I did to show how powerful the fans are.

Have you thought about trimming a vent in the side pods to let in more fresh air?
And, of course to trim the rear of the pods to let heat escape too.
I am thinking this also. Like cutting a tear drop shaped hole behind the front tire and cutting out the vents behind the cock pit. Or maybe cut out a hole and mount an exhaust fan . If I could just make it look cool.
That fan looks incredible. Will have room purchase a couple. Do you plug it into the balance lead of the 3s battery or the ec3 connector?

Put a good fan on your motor and esc and leave the body alone. Even if you vent it or literally run it without a body the motor and esc will overheat without good cooling. I highly suggest these 40x28mm fans they will keep just about anything cool even just ran on 7v. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1852886720...uROddtXQbW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Excellent fans use them myself!!!

I have fans but they are anemic they came as a set from yeah racing. Just figured venting a bit would help since I would o ly use the body when parking lot racing and drifting. It stays cool enough for now but when it starts hitting high 80's low 90's here it may get a little too hot.

Give it a try it has been done here but I agree not feeling that will give you the air you want to be effective. ESC and motor just get so hot and need powerful air blowing on that. With the RC moving does not seem to be enough air to move the extremely hot air from the hot electronics.

Keep us posted good luck!

So 2 of the wires are not needed being I believe the blue and yellow. I just clip those off at the fan and put either a 3s balance plug or a JST plug on the positive and negative wires being the red and black. They are rated for 12v so can be ran on 3s which pushes insane air or some I'll just run off the BEC at 7v and still pushes a lot of air. Here's a short video I did to show how powerful the fans are.
Well sir, thanks for a great, concise response! I’ll mos def be picking up a couple of these things. From the looks of it you could probably even jump up a couple of teeth on the pinion without overheating. They look beastly!

I am thinking this also. Like cutting a tear drop shaped hole behind the front tire and cutting out the vents behind the cock pit. Or maybe cut out a hole and mount an exhaust fan . If I could just make it look cool.
That fan looks incredible. Will have room purchase a couple. Do you plug it into the balance lead of the 3s battery or the ec3 connector?
Yes if you wire them with the balance plug you can plug them into one of the 3s packs or like I do a seperate small 1500mAh 3s pack just for the fan. And the wires to clip off are the yellow and brown they are not needed.
20220414_183734.jpg
20220414_183958.jpg

Well sir, thanks for a great, concise response! I’ll mos def be picking up a couple of these things. From the looks of it you could probably even jump up a couple of teeth on the pinion without overheating. They look beastly!
Ya these fans are amazing especially on 12v/3s they keep anything cool with how much air they push. Even my speed rig the fan keeps my 1717 1650kv right at 100° on 8s passes in the 140's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back