Senton Identifying the different versions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
Without tearing it apart, is there anyway, such as by body or radio, to tell which version a mega Senton is? Im looking at buying one that has a black and blue body and Tactic TTX300 radio.

The bodies are different, but the differences are subtle and only cosmetic. The blue and red are the same choices, but there's a more ... let's call it "aggressive" graphics on the BLX models. The wheels, while the same design, are black for the Mega, and graphite for the BLX. Front grille sticker has two fog lights for the Mega and an LED style strip on the BLX.

Inside, the electronics are the biggest giveaway. Behind the motor, the mount and gearing are vastly different. 48p gears for the Mega and 32p for the BLX. The BLX also has a red aluminum motor mount.

The bodies are different, but the differences are subtle and only cosmetic. The blue and red are the same choices, but there's a more ... let's call it "aggressive" graphics on the BLX models. The wheels, while the same design, are black for the Mega, and graphite for the BLX. Front grille sticker has two fog lights for the Mega and an LED style strip on the BLX.

Inside, the electronics are the biggest giveaway. Behind the motor, the mount and gearing are vastly different. 48p gears for the Mega and 32p for the BLX. The BLX also has a red aluminum motor mount.
This is the truck.

318477406_5931356243551785_4940940464242931439_n.jpg

And the manual it comes with.

319185597_557935312424570_1577809841087796902_n.jpg

I would be cautious for sure on this one. V1 had inferior diffs/inputs and leaky shocks..

BLX (brushless) also usually has decals on the body "BLX". This looks like an old Brushed Mega to me.

I would be cautious for sure on this one. V1 had inferior diffs/inputs and leaky shocks..

BLX (brushless) also usually has decals on the body "BLX". This looks like an old Brushed Mega to me.
Thats what i wondered myself, but, i have a lot of experience upgrading the V1 mega trucks. I did a V1 Granite that i converted to a LWB truggy. This is the build i did and posted on here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/ Jenny's is an awesome source for converting a V1 to a newer V3 without making you broke.

100% V1 brushed Mega.
Thats what i wondered myself, but, i have a lot of experience upgrading the V1 mega trucks. I did a V1 Granite that i converted to a LWB truggy. This is the build i did and posted on here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/ Jenny's is an awesome source for converting a V1 to a newer V3 without making you broke.
Unless it is $50 I would pass.

100% V1 brushed Mega.

Unless it is $50 I would pass.
$100 with Imax B6 AC charger, 2 Arrma nimh's, and two 2S lipo's. Besides, it will give me something to do during the really cold days when im bored. The biggest reason i wanted to know which version it was is because, once its shipped, im gonna order all the parts for what i plan to do with it from Jenny's, so they get here about the same time. I think i really do like working on them more than running them though, since i also just picked up two more rollers, and, two of the trucks i have that started as rollers are just gonna be shelf queens (Arrma Fury mega and HPI Blitz that i ordered this morning). I also have another Associated ProSC10 that needs the transmission rebuilt, new servo, servo saver, and servo mount, as well as the linkage between the servo and bellcrank. I am starting to really like A-Main for my Associated stuff. My plan is to make this Senton similar to my other one, upgrade the diffs to V3, and do the 32P spur swap. Somewhere in there though, ill probably decide to change something.

$100 with Imax B6 AC charger, 2 Arrma nimh's, and two 2S lipo's. Besides, it will give me something to do during the really cold days when im bored. The biggest reason i wanted to know which version it was is because, once its shipped, im gonna order all the parts for what i plan to do with it from Jenny's, so they get here about the same time. I think i really do like working on them more than running them though, since i also just picked up two more rollers, and, two of the trucks i have that started as rollers are just gonna be shelf queens (Arrma Fury mega and HPI Blitz that i ordered this morning). I also have another Associated ProSC10 that needs the transmission rebuilt, new servo, servo saver, and servo mount, as well as the linkage between the servo and bellcrank. I am starting to really like A-Main for my Associated stuff. My plan is to make this Senton similar to my other one, upgrade the diffs to V3, and do the 32P spur swap. Somewhere in there though, ill probably decide to change something.
Alright just remember that you will need to upgrade both diffs, the motor module, the slipper, the shocks and the the electronics.

Getting the mechanical parts off of jennys you are already at $134 before shipping so that's $234 total plus electronics will most likely put you over the price of a new Senton 3s BLX.

Alright just remember that you will need to upgrade both diffs, the motor module, the slipper, the shocks and the the electronics.

Getting the mechanical parts off of jennys you are already at $134 before shipping so that's $234 total plus electronics will most likely put you over the price of a new Senton 3s BLX.
I don't need the 3S slipper, or the motor module. The only thing i will eventually need from Jenny's are the diffs and inputs, and then the monster truggy parts (Typhon wing and mount, Vorteks wheels and tires, Senton wheelie bar wheels, 3S driveshaft and bearing mount). My last build, i used a mega slipper with the 32P spur, and the mega motor module with a 19T pinion, and ran it for over a year like that, and, i only upgraded the diffs when they finally broke. The reason i do it this way is simply because i know that i will never leave the truck stock, so, since i know its going to become a monster truggy, why spend the $350 to buy a brand new truck, just to dump another $100+ into it. Doing it this way, i have what i want, and it $250 total or less. As for electronics, it already has a brushless Hobby Wing ESC and motor in it, and comes with not one, but two stock Arrma brushed motors and ESC's. This truck is RTR. It already has an upgraded all metal servo, and comes with the stock servo, and another cheap one.

This started out as a V1 mega Granite, and by the time i was done with the build, i had less than $300 total, including the truck, into it: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/

This is my entire list for it, and other than the LWB chassis, its all i did to my last one.
Typhon wing and mount
RPM A-Arms
Wheelie bar
3S Driveshaft and bearing mount
Vorteks wheels and tires
Bearing kit
32P spur, slipper pads, and pinion
Diffs and inputs

Body means nothing,I had this mega body on my senton 6s...without a pic of what's under body hard telling what it is
That is the original body for the truck. I know the seller very well, and he said its the same truck he bought about 6 months after i bought my Granite, which i bought used. His truck, on the other hand, he bought new at a shop, and used for maybe a few weeks, but, he is more into crawlers, so he is just trying to dump all his, as he calls it, fast stuff.

That is the original body for the truck. I know the seller very well, and he said its the same truck he bought about 6 months after i bought my Granite, which i bought used. His truck, on the other hand, he bought new at a shop, and used for maybe a few weeks, but, he is more into crawlers, so he is just trying to dump all his, as he calls it, fast stuff.
Okay so I'd say it's a v1 mega..that ttx300 is older..I have 1 an love it..no antenna on rx an mine gets great range an love the feel of radio in hand..good radio for 1 handed driveing..lol

Okay so I'd say it's a v1 mega..that ttx300 is older..I have 1 an love it..no antenna on rx an mine gets great range an love the feel of radio in hand..good radio for 1 handed driveing..lol
I have 3 TTX300's, and an original ATX100 (the one with the yellow steering wheel you could switch sides with), as well as half a dozen AE XP-120's. Whenever i am looking for something for a project, i almost always start by looking at Team Associated and older, 2WD arrma's first before anything else. I currently have one complete Arrma fury, and one Fury roller chassis, and im looking at possibly picking up a couple more, and, when possible, i try to only find trucks that have a radio with it. Usually, that means i end up with the stock radio. Now, if only i could find a Losi 22S SCT with the original Spektrum DX2E for a decent price.

Body means nothing,I had this mega body on my senton 6s...without a pic of what's under body hard telling what it is
He also posted the manual which is the manual for the V1 Mega.
I don't need the 3S slipper, or the motor module. The only thing i will eventually need from Jenny's are the diffs and inputs, and then the monster truggy parts (Typhon wing and mount, Vorteks wheels and tires, Senton wheelie bar wheels, 3S driveshaft and bearing mount). My last build, i used a mega slipper with the 32P spur, and the mega motor module with a 19T pinion, and ran it for over a year like that, and, i only upgraded the diffs when they finally broke. The reason i do it this way is simply because i know that i will never leave the truck stock, so, since i know its going to become a monster truggy, why spend the $350 to buy a brand new truck, just to dump another $100+ into it. Doing it this way, i have what i want, and it $250 total or less. As for electronics, it already has a brushless Hobby Wing ESC and motor in it, and comes with not one, but two stock Arrma brushed motors and ESC's. This truck is RTR. It already has an upgraded all metal servo, and comes with the stock servo, and another cheap one.

This started out as a V1 mega Granite, and by the time i was done with the build, i had less than $300 total, including the truck, into it: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/

This is my entire list for it, and other than the LWB chassis, its all i did to my last one.
Typhon wing and mount
RPM A-Arms
Wheelie bar
3S Driveshaft and bearing mount
Vorteks wheels and tires
Bearing kit
32P spur, slipper pads, and pinion
Diffs and inputs
I couldn't imagine running 3s on the Mega slipper, I swear I remember that being a weak part on brushless power.

He also posted the manual which is the manual for the V1 Mega.

I couldn't imagine running 3s on the Mega slipper, I swear I remember that being a weak part on brushless power.
I never run 3S though, which is why i think i don't break my stuff as much. I only ever run 3500-3900KV 3650 motors, and 60 or 120A ESC's, and only on 2S. My last 2WD Slash had a cheap chinese 4300KV motor and 60A ESC, and, it was faster on 2S than my Losi 22S SCT, which i did run on 3S, but that is the only truck i have ever ran on 3S.

I’ve had good luck with the hot racing 48p metal spur gear and arrma hd input gear on a v1 mega senton. Robinson racing makes 48p pinions that will fit the bigger rotor on the brushless motors. Also installed a metal adjustable mesh motor plate at the same time. Been running that for over a couple years with no issue. You’ll definitely want to open up the diffs on one of those and get them filled with fluid. My v1 senton just had a bit of grease smeared in both diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back