If cost wasn't a consideration...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dad

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Would you buy a traxxas Maxx or an arrma granite?

I know I know they aren't really comparable rigs but I really don't want a rig with a slipper and arrma doesn't seem like they want to release any new rigs in the 3/4s market so what are your thoughts?

Would you buy a traxxas Maxx or an arrma granite?

I know I know they aren't really comparable rigs but I really don't want a rig with a slipper and arrma doesn't seem like they want to release any new rigs in the 3/4s market so what are your thoughts?
The 3s.rigs do have slippers and they just released a new 3s rig today.

Granite all day!! Love mine and oh still has more warranty left on it even being bought a year ago then if I bought a lame a$$ max tomorrow 🤣

Neither, I want an Infraction dangit! :ROFLMAO: ok, I don't know enough about the Maxx to make an informed decision, so I'd go with the Felony to go with the Infraction. :)

I bought a eb48.3 just because arrma parts wasn't in stock tekno is overstocked 😂 I love it
I put a1515 combo on it. It rips on 4s

16185473707344079197353281053135.jpg

16185474300586771286243223063013.jpg

For me, I have lots of 3S packs and very few 4S packs so I’d align better with the granite (big rock for my needs)

I feel like having 3S trucks made it easier to get into Arrma’s 6S line. The maxx would align nicely with getting an Xmaxx later if that is part of the decision.

Hurricane

I would not buy the Maxx with my money, but if given between the two I'd take the Maxx.

Maxx. I have the Granite, and working on it is much harder (with all the sliding and clamping in place stuff) compared to other cars I have. The BLX version also has a lag whenever starting up on low speeds (kind of similar to turbo lag), but it isn't really an issue at higher speeds.

Figured I'd get alot of different opinions on this.
Maxx. I have the Granite, and working on it is much harder (with all the sliding and clamping in place stuff) compared to other cars I have. The BLX version also has a lag whenever starting up on low speeds (kind of similar to turbo lag), but it isn't really an issue at higher speeds.
This is one of the main reasons I'm leaning away from the granite. It doesn't seem like the design has kept up with its competition. It looks much easier to work on a Maxx than a granite and the design of the granite is looking pretty long in the tooth right now.

If cost wasn't a concern and I didn't currently have an upgraded to the 9's slash/stampede 4x4, I'd go with the maxx with the wide kit and steel cvd's and install a 1/8th 4074 2200kv system in it to run on 4S.

I guess I should mention that I'm looking for a good 3s/4s rc for my daughter. With that in mind what choice would you make assuming you could pick any one out of that class of RC?

I guess I should mention that I'm looking for a good 3s/4s rc for my daughter. With that in mind what choice would you make assuming you could pick any one out of that class of RC?
If I had a kid and I wanted to get them an RC, I'd get them something that I already had so I didn't have to have to keep parts on hand for theirs and mine. What do you have already?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back