Typhon If I put katar T's on my 3S typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I put wider and heavier Pro-Line Trencher HP belted tires on my Typhon 3s the motor and ESC temps rose a bit, but not excessively. I did replace the stock motor with one that is larger, has a lower kv rating, has more torque, and produces lower temps, but I had planned on doing that before I got the Trenchers.

Am I going to just constantly be breaking driveshafts and stuff? Overheat my ESC?
They seem to be significantly bigger. Wider and taller than the katar B I am running now.
First thing will be overheat the motor if you don't gear down.

I have the blx100 a 2650kv motor and basically no drivetrain upgrades. No cvd shafts or metal diffs or anything.

The thing flies and has totally destroyed a set of katar B in like maybe 10 packs at best.

I think it'll go with the bigger tires but I have a tall gearing. 26T. I could loosen my slipper a bit. It's pretty damn tight. I want to try them.

Trying to get my hands on SRC business but many backordered.

I might get the trenchers. Belted sounds good. Is there a specific number for 17mm hex. But they are bigger than the katar T also? No? The 140ish mm diameter is what is worrying me.

I did the same thing with my 3s typhon and the katar t’s. It was very hard on drivetrain so I took them off after 2 packs so I wouldn’t break anything. Would not recommend them on 3s rig
But if they break stuff I have an excuse to go to the hobby store.

But it I need to total metal my drive train I can't really afford that right now.

Did I mention I am a terrible driver with very low impulse control?
Wanna sell me some cheap katar T's?

I might get the trenchers. Belted sounds good. Is there a specific number for 17mm hex.
For the mounted Trencher HP belted tires, the 17mm hex was sold out, so I ordered the 6x30 wheels and purchased the 17mm hexes separately. Wheels and tires are https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/trencher-hp-2.8-all-terrain-belted-truck-tires-mounted.asp and the 17mm hexes are https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-17mm-hex-adapters.asp
Here's a pic of the Trencher HP tires on my Typhon 3s.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

I put the Badlands MX2.8s on mine and had to gear down to a 13t pinion to keep temps decent. I have yet to snap a single driveshaft on it and I bash it pretty hard. I've been running in 90ish degree weather lately also and it still gets pretty frickin hot lol

I put the Badlands MX2.8s on mine and had to gear down to a 13t pinion to keep temps decent. I have yet to snap a single driveshaft on it and I bash it pretty hard. I've been running in 90ish degree weather lately also and it still gets pretty frickin hot lol
I'm powering my Trencher HP belted tires with a Surpass 3670/2850 motor running a 16T pinion. Neither the motor nor the ESC get all that hot, even when running full throttle for 10 minutes or more in 90 plus degree weather. I can easily touch the motor and the Firma 130A ESC with my finger and hold it there without having to worry about it getting burned. Someday I'll use a temp gun to check it.
Those are probably wider and just as heavy but not as big diameter wise than the katar T?
I measure my Trencher HPs at 125mm in diameter and 70mm wide.

I'm powering my Trencher HP belted tires with a Surpass 3670/2850 motor running a 16T pinion. Neither the motor nor the ESC get all that hot, even when running full throttle for 10 minutes or more in 90 plus degree weather. I can easily touch the motor and the Firma 130A ESC with my finger and hold it there without having to worry about it getting burned. Someday I'll use a temp gun to check it.

I measure my Trencher HPs at 125mm in diameter and 70mm wide.
Thats pretty awesome! It could be due to the dust covers I added also. They might be holding in all that hot air and heating things up more than usual

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back