Big Rock If I were to sell….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
What would be the best way to go about selling custom or rare/vintage etc rc cars? And how do you price it fairly to a buyer and as a seller. I’ve been thinking about selling my new in box never ran Big Rock 6S. And a couple other cars I have that are Discontinued like my Axial Yeti XL kit build. Back to the Big Rock. The truck is new, box, manuals, radio, and so on never used. I’ve got some good spare parts for it as well such as arms, diff rebuild kits, and some other parts I’d have to look.

I’ve been pondering selling it as I just keep it stored away for at least. Couple years now. I would of liked to run it at times but they are getting harder to find even in used condition and some parts are getting scarce or expensive (like the body and tires/wheels). I’m also planning on selling our small first home and buying a bit bigger/nicer home, so some cash to pay off a couple little debts now would be useful and I’m trying to minimize my rc collection for now.

If I sell it I would list it here obviously but are there any other platforms to use, even for some of the other cars? Ive sold on eBay with much success but a few misses as well. Facebook market place but the market here is smaller for rc stuff.

I think eBay is going to be your best platform to reach to most people. Yes, you'll have fees, but those come with protection to you and the buyer and you reach people all over the Country/world. Of course, that only applies if you're willing to ship. FB, CL, etc are just full of flakes and cheapskates in my opinion. Every time my wife lists stuff on marketplace, we get a bunch of no-shows, people ghost, or people trying to get something for nothing. As far as price, everything is worth what someone is willing to pay, but at the same time, a lot of stuff sits unsold because people assume rare or discontinued automatically makes it worth double what it was when it was new, so they list it too high. You might find the right buyer doing that, but you might also have to wait 6 months for them to come along. Generally, I do one of two things. If it's something that I think might have the possibility of bringing good money (rare or discontinued, in demand, etc), I'll set a reserve for the minimum amount that I'm willing to accept, and then just let people bid. Or, if I'm just trying to get rid of something, I'll look up what the same/similar stuff is being sold for and I'll usually undercut it by around 10%. If I can't find anything to compare it to, I just think "what would I be willing to pay for this" and try starting there, and if I don't get any interest I'll start lowering the price until I do. I don't sell a ton anymore, as my circle of friends and family with similar interests has grown large enough that if I no longer want something, I just give it away to one of them, but those methods always worked for me when I was active on eBay.

But honestly, for RC stuff specifically, I think forum communities will be your best bet. Tons of stuff sells in the Marketplace here, and I'm sure on other forums as well.

I think eBay is going to be your best platform to reach to most people. Yes, you'll have fees, but those come with protection to you and the buyer and you reach people all over the Country/world. Of course, that only applies if you're willing to ship. FB, CL, etc are just full of flakes and cheapskates in my opinion. Every time my wife lists stuff on marketplace, we get a bunch of no-shows, people ghost, or people trying to get something for nothing. As far as price, everything is worth what someone is willing to pay, but at the same time, a lot of stuff sits unsold because people assume rare or discontinued automatically makes it worth double what it was when it was new, so they list it too high. You might find the right buyer doing that, but you might also have to wait 6 months for them to come along. Generally, I do one of two things. If it's something that I think might have the possibility of bringing good money (rare or discontinued, in demand, etc), I'll set a reserve for the minimum amount that I'm willing to accept, and then just let people bid. Or, if I'm just trying to get rid of something, I'll look up what the same/similar stuff is being sold for and I'll usually undercut it by around 10%. If I can't find anything to compare it to, I just think "what would I be willing to pay for this" and try starting there, and if I don't get any interest I'll start lowering the price until I do. I don't sell a ton anymore, as my circle of friends and family with similar interests has grown large enough that if I no longer want something, I just give it away to one of them, but those methods always worked for me when I was active on eBay.

But honestly, for RC stuff specifically, I think forum communities will be your best bet. Tons of stuff sells in the Marketplace here, and I'm sure on other forums as well.
+1 ebay is your best bet. I just sold a vintage Tamyia Madcap and a MARUI HUNTER along with a kyosho concept 60. I had more hits and luck there than any forums and market place.

What would be the best way to go about selling custom or rare/vintage etc rc cars? And how do you price it fairly to a buyer and as a seller. I’ve been thinking about selling my new in box never ran Big Rock 6S. And a couple other cars I have that are Discontinued like my Axial Yeti XL kit build. Back to the Big Rock. The truck is new, box, manuals, radio, and so on never used. I’ve got some good spare parts for it as well such as arms, diff rebuild kits, and some other parts I’d have to look.

I’ve been pondering selling it as I just keep it stored away for at least. Couple years now. I would of liked to run it at times but they are getting harder to find even in used condition and some parts are getting scarce or expensive (like the body and tires/wheels). I’m also planning on selling our small first home and buying a bit bigger/nicer home, so some cash to pay off a couple little debts now would be useful and I’m trying to minimize my rc collection for now.

If I sell it I would list it here obviously but are there any other platforms to use, even for some of the other cars? Ive sold on eBay with much success but a few misses as well. Facebook market place but the market here is smaller for rc stuff.
So, did you decide on selling the BR6s? Just curious.

+1 ebay is your best bet. I just sold a vintage Tamyia Madcap and a MARUI HUNTER along with a kyosho concept 60. I had more hits and luck there than any forums and market place.
Cool thanks! Those are some nice vintage rc. Seems to be a market of collectors on eBay
So, did you decide on selling the BR6s? Just curious.
Not yet but I think I will soon. I’ll post it here also on the forum if I do sell.

Thanks for the great information. And yes I’ve try and sell on marketplace there are aloe of time wasters there. EBay has mostly been good to me. I am thinking to utilize the forums though for some of this stuff as even for the simple fact someone here or a similar forum would appreciate the car more for what it is. I’ll have to do some research see what to price it at. I’m not looking to make a fortune but I’d like to get whatever they are going for now days If I do end up getting rid of it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back