If you are guilty just admit it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
careful, I have nearly as many crawlers now...
The guys over on Rctalk are killin me with those scx24’s, that’s what was really peaking my interest. 👀
I’d have $500-600 into it immediately tho.. 🙃

I just picked up a blade nano heli so I’m good for now.. 🤙

You guys are getting real close to pushing me over the edge.. 😜
I’ve never had a crawler. I did see the scx6 at my lhs tho, it’s HUUUGE!! 🤘
Crazy thing about it is, with crawlers, a 2 or 3 s battery last for quite a long run time ……depends on a lot of factors
my 2200 mah 3s….a good half hour at least for my driving style with 2 speed tranny and a rather heavy rig

Crazy thing about it is, with crawlers, a 2 or 3 s battery last for quite a long run time ……depends on a lot of factors
my 2200 mah 3s….a good half hour at least for my driving style with 2 speed tranny and a rather heavy rig

I was amazed by this myself, Who woulda thunk it! (y)

Leave it without stickers. I love the murdered out look.
Me too!
I like it! Looks like it would be easy to add weight inside the beadlocks if needed. Will you be adding a micro-servo to use the DIG feature with a 4 channel tx?
Probably not, I thought about this a while. I think it's good as is. Best explanation of how this one stacks up RTR

Is this now a Capra pitcher thread? 📸

View attachment 183262
I'm down.
Nice
I am not planning on buying a crawler in the next few months, but this thread is not helping...

I should read up more about crawlers. The Capra seems to be one of the best do it all "Trail Crawlers", am I right?
I think...especially now with 4WS you'd be very hard pressed to find a more capable RTR. In the crawler world, you can customize to the moon but just open box, insert batteries? I think this is the one.
You guys are getting real close to pushing me over the edge.. 😜
I’ve never had a crawler. I did see the scx6 at my lhs tho, it’s HUUUGE!! 🤘
See what happens? Who could blame you now? Dark forces are at work lol. I really like the scx6 but I like the size of the Capra better. If you want to get deep into all the scale accessories and add ons ( I don't ) I think its going to be the top platform for a while and aside from that, especially due to it's size, it will conquer obstacles the smaller rigs have to get real technical on to even have a chance.

Me too!

Probably not, I thought about this a while. I think it's good as is. Best explanation of how this one stacks up RTR

I'm down.

Nice

I think...especially now with 4WS you'd be very hard pressed to find a more capable RTR. In the crawler world, you can customize to the moon but just open box, insert batteries? I think this is the one.

See what happens? Who could blame you now? Dark forces are at work lol. I really like the scx6 but I like the size of the Capra better. If you want to get deep into all the scale accessories and add ons ( I don't ) I think its going to be the top platform for a while and aside from that, especially due to it's size, it will conquer obstacles the smaller rigs have to get real technical on to even have a chance.
Yes, getting into crawlers can mean many different things. There are those that try to add as much stuff to it as they can and that can get pretty insane when you had little tow behind trailers and all kinds of details. Some really neat stuff along that line.

But then also you have those that try to go extremely lightweight and carry as absolute little as necessary for weight. It can get pretty interesting as well. There is a lot of a variety....

Yes, getting into crawlers can mean many different things. There are those that try to add as much stuff to it as they can and that can get pretty insane when you had little tow behind trailers and all kinds of details. Some really neat stuff along that line.

But then also you have those that try to go extremely lightweight and carry as absolute little as necessary for weight. It can get pretty interesting as well. There is a lot of a variety....

Yep. Perfect hobby to go over the top. No matter what you're into, there's always a way to go completely crazy and that's what makes it awesome.

I'd like to eventually have a trail crawler to go walk in the wood, but I doubt I'd go crazy with the build like many are doing. From the look of it, I think an Axial Capra Kit would be great for me and should not require that many upgrades.

Am I right thinking that crawlers rarely break, unless they tumble down cliffs and piles of big rocks?

Is there a speed challenge in crawlers? 😜

Is that like a slow challenge for bashers? ;)

There was a series on YouTube where Harley Designs and Scale Builder's Guild were going up against each other with a TRX6 to see how fast they could go.... if you consider 60-ish to be speedy. :p

Is that like a slow challenge for bashers? ;)

There was a series on YouTube where Harley Designs and Scale Builder's Guild were going up against each other with a TRX6 to see how fast they could go.... if you consider 60-ish to be speedy. :p
How about the fastest tracked vehicle? Like an RC Ripsaw.

Am I right thinking that crawlers rarely break, unless they tumble down cliffs and piles of big rocks?
Lol, yep I think that's about the extent of it. You don't hear much about, "broke my a-arms and bent my chassis going 110mph":ROFLMAO: Instead, "I fell and scratched my body"

Is there a speed challenge in crawlers? 😜
Yes....

How slow can you go?

I will not mention the brand name, but the crawler I have has a two speed transmission in it and it's really good for crawling in first gear.

While it won't set any speed records in second, it can move along pretty good for what it is.
Yep. Perfect hobby to go over the top. No matter what you're into, there's always a way to go completely crazy and that's what makes it awesome.

I'd like to eventually have a trail crawler to go walk in the wood, but I doubt I'd go crazy with the build like many are doing. From the look of it, I think an Axial Capra Kit would be great for me and should not require that many upgrades.

You are correct, for the most part you don't have the problems with breaking nearly as much stuff.

I very very much wanted to buy a brand from overseas because it had a lot of features that I wanted. But what steered away from me buying that is that parts support was minimal at best and non-existent in some things. So I guess there is some consideration for replacement parts....

Other than that.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back