If you could only choose one, arrma rc which one and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm drawn to the typhon myself had a buggy when I was a kid so I would kinda like to have another one. But I've only been rc'ing since feburary and done bought three I'm afraid if I don't slow down a little I might need a new place to live :)

Last edited:
I am also thinking about going tropical storm...Typhon...For the buggy like 4wd buggy look...:)
Although I also like the Talion...We will see...
Still need to safe up a bit...o_O...And do some repairs to my Mojave...

So, Bixer, have you decided what you're going to get? I just joined the forums today, and I have to admit that when I look at the dates of the last posts, I often get the feeling of being late to the party!

I've got an old E-Maxx (wide arms, short chassis) that I've slowly been converting to brushless, so I've got my monster truck fix already. For wide open fields like you described, I think you can't go wrong with a MT, so if I didn't have the E-Maxx, I would definitely look at the Kraton or the Talion. Seeing as how I've got the Maxx, I went with the Senton, because I've been wanting to get a SCT, but I don't really know how it would compare to the Maxx going through the fields. I'll mostly be running it either in the streets through the neighborhood or out on the frisbee golf course in the nearby local park, where it's really short grass and dirt. Everything I've read about the 6S series of Arrma vehicles is that they can take a beating, so I think it's really hard to go wrong with any of them.

@Operator7G the arrma senton is probably the most durable of the 1/8th scales and a good choice. The bumpers, braces and cage add a level of durability not seen in the others

So, Bixer, have you decided what you're going to get? I just joined the forums today, and I have to admit that when I look at the dates of the last posts, I often get the feeling of being late to the party!

I've got an old E-Maxx (wide arms, short chassis) that I've slowly been converting to brushless, so I've got my monster truck fix already. For wide open fields like you described, I think you can't go wrong with a MT, so if I didn't have the E-Maxx, I would definitely look at the Kraton or the Talion. Seeing as how I've got the Maxx, I went with the Senton, because I've been wanting to get a SCT, but I don't really know how it would compare to the Maxx going through the fields. I'll mostly be running it either in the streets through the neighborhood or out on the frisbee golf course in the nearby local park, where it's really short grass and dirt. Everything I've read about the 6S series of Arrma vehicles is that they can take a beating, so I think it's really hard to go wrong with any of them.

Welcome to the forum!
Around a month ago, I bought a SCX10 deadbolt. Since I own a granite blx, and a ecx ruckus, I thought it was time for a change of pace. There is news of some new arrma rc's coming out, I think by end of year? Depending on what they release, i might be all in, on another arrma rc! :) I really like the kraton but, my whole electrical setup is for 1/10 scale. So, hopefully arrmas new models will be 1/10 scale.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
Around a month ago, I bought a SCX10 deadbolt. Since I own a granite blx, and a ecx ruckus, I thought it was time for a change of pace. There is news of some new arrma rc's coming out, I think by end of year? Depending on what they release, the i might be all in, on another arrma rc! :) I really like the kraton but, my whole electrical setup is for 1/10 scale. So, hopefully arrmas new models will be 1/10 scale.
Blxer, I've been looking at the Granite and Ruckus for my son. I seen you have both, what do you think about them? Pros cons of both, any info would help. Want the toughest truck for him

Blxer, I've been looking at the Granite and Ruckus for my son. I seen you have both, what do you think about them? Pros cons of both, any info would help. Want the toughest truck for him

Okay, both have been pretty durable.
Honestly, the ruckus is what I would and will be buying for my boys, as their first hobby grade rc. The main reasons for this? Aftermarket support, easy to work on, durability, size, price, upgradability, and it's great for beginners. The 2wd ruckus, the 4wd has differential issues.

The granite blx has been awesome! But, I personally wouldn't buy one for my boys because, it's too fast! I've had to replace more parts on it, than the ruckus by far! Body post, wheelie bar, rear hub carriers, servo, esc, shocks, and bearings. When I broke my body posts, I had to wait months for someone to get them in stock, and that sucked! I couldn't imagine buying my boys a rc and it break, then have to tell them, wont be able to fix it for a few months due to lack of aftermarket support. I'm not bashing the granite, I just can't recommend it for a kid.

All rc's need something, some more than others. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still own both.

I'll be posting in the new Ecx forum this week, detailing my ruckus upgrades. I've had mine since January 2015, bought it brushed and then went from there. I would have bought the brushless ruckus if I had the money and know how at the time.
Hope this helps.

Helped alot, thanks! Was looking at getting 4×4 because we have lots of snow, but now I'm questioning it due to diff problems your talking about. The speed issue was a concern with the Granite being to fast for my boy. You hit it on the nail, don't want to have to tell my son he can't play with his rc for months due to parts

If the Arrma Granite BLX is too fast, what about getting him the MEGA and upgrading it as his skill increases? Or if you have a radio that can adjust throttle end points, you could dial it down so that it only uses like 50% of the throw to effectively limit how fast he can go with the BLX.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back