If you could only play with one RC Car for a year, which one would it be???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wel lthats kinda easy. My future UFRC Ghost Rabbit
https://rc-car-online.de/de/products/ufrc_gr1-ufrc-ghost-rabbit-gr1-4wd-1:5-brushless-buggy.html
Will get it around autum.
Reasons, almost no one has one and its a almost unknown brand.

non of the fast ones are and frankly even 14 is to young in my eyes. Most of the children have not build up a proper responsiblilty towards what can happen if you do this or that as even most parents don't have it.
Let us know about that one

I don’t know I think I’d choose the Typhon 6S. For me it can bash hard, drive on a track. It’s easy to haul around and doesn’t take up to much space. I also still think it’s the most robust in the line up so less down time. So I’d choose a Typhon 6S as my only rc I could have for a year.

Dang, that's a hard...SUPER hard...one. For someone with so few vehicles, they can count them on one hand, it might be 'easy'...but, for someone (like myself) with so many vehicles (incl boats, drones, and a helicopter...NO planes) that not even both hands & both feet is enough to count them, that becomes a near-impossible task.

Honestly, I think the best I can do is "narrow down" the choices to my Limitless (which is still just a chassis...no electronics yet), X-MAXX (with Wide MAXX Kit), Skater X2 (set up for NAMBA P-open class racing), or DJI Mini 2 (because it's small enough I can take/fly it almost anywhere)...call it one land, one air, one water, and one that sorta-kinda covers land & air (there's something 'special' about launching a 25-30lb 1/6 scale monster truck 20-30ft into the air).

Sooooooo it arrived just about an hour ago. And here are the first pictures. Hopefully I can leave right away at 5pm :D

IMG_20221004_105040.jpg

IMG_20221004_105217.jpg

IMG_20221004_105243.jpg

IMG_20221004_105922.jpg

IMG_20221004_105936.jpg

IMG_20221004_110035.jpg

IMG_20221004_110141.jpg

IMG_20221004_110220.jpg

IMG_20221004_110226.jpg

Dang, that's a hard...SUPER hard...one. For someone with so few vehicles, they can count them on one hand, it might be 'easy'...but, for someone (like myself) with so many vehicles (incl boats, drones, and a helicopter...NO planes) that not even both hands & both feet is enough to count them, that becomes a near-impossible task.

Honestly, I think the best I can do is "narrow down" the choices to my Limitless (which is still just a chassis...no electronics yet), X-MAXX (with Wide MAXX Kit), Skater X2 (set up for NAMBA P-open class racing), or DJI Mini 2 (because it's small enough I can take/fly it almost anywhere)...call it one land, one air, one water, and one that sorta-kinda covers land & air (there's something 'special' about launching a 25-30lb 1/6 scale monster truck 20-30ft into the air).
again ONE car.

Last edited:
holycrap that thing is a beast. No other car is like this one. I have seen other 12S but this is a league of itself. As it was late yesterday it was to dark to make a movie. Will try today.

I can't pick just one. Every one of my RC's has its place or is suited to the given conditions of the day. If the "most used RC" is anything to go by, then it would be the 3s Senton and Bigrock. Follow by 6s Kraton and crawlers.
But I'm sure that once I actually start running my 2 Typhons, they may be a favourite 😍.

So I am totally sorry I posted nothing so far. We had lots to-do in the company and then I moved in a new apartment. Not to speak of that the weather often was not that enjoyable to drive. Have not forgotten it and will still post a video where I drive it. Maybe I have also the painting done by then :D

I know that, 5 months ago, I said such a decision was a hard one to make. Well...a lot has happened in the past 5 months, and I believe I have an answer. After moving, and finally having gotten around to installing all the upgrades on my Sledge, I thought that could be the "one year" car, as it's a total blast (plus, thanks to the upgrades installed, about as 'indestructible' as an X-MAXX)...but, thanks to a gift from my former next-for neighbor, just people to moving, I actually have a completely different answer.

Believe it, or not, The answer is..........a Mini-Z. What I've discovered over the past 3 months is that, while the Mini-Z (even one built as a Super Stock, or 'Mod', class vehicle) isn't a "really fast" car (like the Limitless), or capable of jumping to ridiculous heights (like an X-MAXX), it has the advantage of being very compact, extremely portable, and snow to be run almost anywhere...plus, they're loads of fun, and the bodies are extremely strong.

As a second choice, that would be the previously-mentioned Sledge.

I know that, 5 months ago, I said such a decision was a hard one to make. Well...a lot has happened in the past 5 months, and I believe I have an answer. After moving, and finally having gotten around to installing all the upgrades on my Sledge, I thought that could be the "one year" car, as it's a total blast (plus, thanks to the upgrades installed, about as 'indestructible' as an X-MAXX)...but, thanks to a gift from my former next-for neighbor, just people to moving, I actually have a completely different answer.

Believe it, or not, The answer is..........a Mini-Z. What I've discovered over the past 3 months is that, while the Mini-Z (even one built as a Super Stock, or 'Mod', class vehicle) isn't a "really fast" car (like the Limitless), or capable of jumping to ridiculous heights (like an X-MAXX), it has the advantage of being very compact, extremely portable, and snow to be run almost anywhere...plus, they're loads of fun, and the bodies are extremely strong.

As a second choice, that would be the previously-mentioned Sledge.
Hey stranger, congrats on getting the move behind you. That's gotta be load off.

I think I might would be able to get into Mini-Z cars...I just find the price a little off putting, but that's just me. The Mini-Z cars I've seen where I say, "Ooh, that's nice. That could be fun..." reliably wind up being in the $1000-2000 range that the owner has put into it and...I just can't justify that much money for something that small. With a Limitless or VTE2 that I've spent $2-3k on, I feel like I can see where the money went. With a Mini-Z...not so much and I think that's why I can't get into 'em. Don't get it twisted, I get the appeal. But in my head there's a value proposition disparity I can't just cancel out in my head like an algebraic formula if you take my meaning.

Ok, now that I've talked my way through it a little I think I can put my finger on what it is now. They remind me slot cars back in the day. Those started out as something affordable to have fun with and then a few years later, competition levels had driven such a specialty market of upgrades and aftermarket parts and people were spending absurd amounts of money on these tiny cars to remain competitive and it wound up killing the hobby for newbies trying to get into it. It became cost prohibitive to all except rich kids and their dads. I know...the world is a different one than it was then and the cost of high performance has come down considerably across a wide range of competitive "enthusiast sports" for lack of a better term. I think I was talking more to myself and just trying to work out what felt off about them to me. I'm glad I was finally able to sort that out with myself.

Anyways, welcome back :)

Hey stranger, congrats on getting the move behind you. That's gotta be load off.

I just find the price a little off putting, but that's just me. The Mini-Z cars I've seen where I say, "Ooh, that's nice. That could be fun..." reliably wind up being in the $1000-2000 range that the owner has put into it and...I just can't justify that much money for something that small. :)
Thanks...and, yes, it was a "load off"...in several ways. As for the 'cost' of Mini-Z, it's not even close to what you're thinking. To race in the "Box Stock" class doesn't require any additional costs beyond the initial purchase, and batteries. Now, if you want to be competitive, you'll need better tires, and you'll probably want to tune the front & rear suspensions (springs, T-plate). In total, those additional costs will only add another $15-60 (depending on what, specifically, you choose to replace/upgrade). At the other end of the spectrum (Super Stock & Mod classes), a chassis kit wouldn't cost you more than $400 (most are in the $225-350 range)...well, unless you decided to get the "ultimate" chassis kit, that being the Reflex Racing RX28SE, which is $500. Add electronics, that adds another $150-250. 3-4 2S LiPo packs will add another $45-72. And, a body will be another $30-50. Not counting tires (the "real" cost, no matter what type, scale, or class of RC vehicle one is racing), total cost would only be $420-700 (depending on which chassis, electronics, body, and batteries one went with.

Personally, I have 4 cars - Box Stock, Porsche Cup, Stock, and Super Stock. Using the 'Stock' car (the "middle of the road", price-wise) as a better example, not counting tires, I've probably put a total of less than $600...possibly even less than $500 (ie. I haven't added up the 'actual' cost). This I am building from scratch...and, by "scratch", what I mean is, the 'base' of the vehicle is a PN Racing PNR2.5. But, instead of doing a PNR2.5 conversion (taking a Kyosho Mini-Z MR-03 based vehicle, and replacing the Kyosho chassis with the PNR2.5), as most people do, I am building the complete chassis using almost nothing but PN Racing parts...even the servo motor is from PN Racing. Total cost of the parts, NOT including any electronics (other than the servo motor & servo controller board), came to around $150 (if I recall correctly).

If you're truly interested in getting into Mini-Z racing, the best suggestion I can give is to start with a Box Stock car, and learn. Just make sure you get plenty of rechargeable NiMH AAA batteries (for my 3 cars running AAA, I have 24 batteries), plus a charger capable of charging at least 4 batteries at a time (I started with a 4-cell charger, and have recently added an 8-cell charger, so can now simultaneously charge 12 batteries). Then, once you've got the 'basics' of car handling down (it's DEFINITELY different than 1/10 & 1/8 scale), add a second car for the Stock class. For my 'Stock' car, I initially started with an MR-03 EVO, with a 4100kv motor w/ 7T pinion, which is now becoming my Porsche Cup car ((now a 3500kv motor w/ 10T pinion, since I'm building the PNR2.5)..and, it will still be running the original EVO ESC. Combined cost spent between these is probably less than $1,500...and, that's for TWO complete race cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back