Typhon If you crash, crash hard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCyborgSlayer

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So to start off, I’m a lurker, I’ve been out of the hobby from cars and helis for about five years and have just been reading different posts each day, taking in information. I feel like I’m having to relearn everything all over again. Not just information, but that whole hand/eye coordination thing too.

I’ve had my V5 for about a month now and absolutely love this thing. But I had a lapse today and it cost me. I bashed a little bit around the yard and the field next to me, decided to get it on road just to leg it out a bit. So I’m sending it down the road, maybe half throttle or so while walking to the end of the driveway for a better view. Well, I’m in a new subdivision and a house is being built next to mine. With that come all of the company advertising signs. The typhon gets out of my sight line for a split second, I just let off the throttle assuming it’s going to continue straight and come back into view fairly quick. And it did, except it had veered left. Came back into view just in time for me to see it ping dead center off of my neighbors mailbox post. And I mean one of those solid THUDS that you can feel from 100ft away.

Anytime I’ve ever crashed anything, car or heli, it’s never a little crash. If you’re gonna crash, make it count right? Haha

I plan to rebuild it back in stock form, no stretch or truggify, I like it as it is. But based on the damage you guys see, is there anything I should upgrade? The damage is bad, but I was actually expecting it to be worse than it is. However, I don’t think I’ve ever bent a diff ring gear before, it definitely has a wiggle. Lol

6A93E288-2B05-4752-A617-B68C6B068076.jpeg

849F5D72-2C32-4257-AE9D-38144B2EA17F.jpeg

CB1157FF-99B4-41E3-9E2F-F779158C315E.jpeg

84F8F5C4-B4CE-41DA-B9B2-DF645125F748.jpeg

AEEE640F-75AC-4C59-B56B-32A92473D928.jpeg

76FAB031-DD8C-4BE9-9949-5F4315FD2F3D.jpeg

AA902483-B3BE-427B-B38D-3DD31D6AB6CC.jpeg

BAA90F17-9098-43B9-82B6-17186F2F56AD.jpeg

04293164-5F16-4FAA-A42B-C259AC47B3AC.jpeg

So to start off, I’m a lurker, I’ve been out of the hobby from cars and helis for about five years and have just been reading different posts each day, taking in information. I feel like I’m having to relearn everything all over again. Not just information, but that whole hand/eye coordination thing too.

I’ve had my V5 for about a month now and absolutely love this thing. But I had a lapse today and it cost me. I bashed a little bit around the yard and the field next to me, decided to get it on road just to leg it out a bit. So I’m sending it down the road, maybe half throttle or so while walking to the end of the driveway for a better view. Well, I’m in a new subdivision and a house is being built next to mine. With that come all of the company advertising signs. The typhon gets out of my sight line for a split second, I just let off the throttle assuming it’s going to continue straight and come back into view fairly quick. And it did, except it had veered left. Came back into view just in time for me to see it ping dead center off of my neighbors mailbox post. And I mean one of those solid THUDS that you can feel from 100ft away.

Anytime I’ve ever crashed anything, car or heli, it’s never a little crash. If you’re gonna crash, make it count right? Haha

I plan to rebuild it back in stock form, no stretch or truggify, I like it as it is. But based on the damage you guys see, is there anything I should upgrade? The damage is bad, but I was actually expecting it to be worse than it is. However, I don’t think I’ve ever bent a diff ring gear before, it definitely has a wiggle. Lol

View attachment 129457

View attachment 129458

View attachment 129460

View attachment 129461

View attachment 129462

View attachment 129463

View attachment 129464

View attachment 129465

View attachment 129466
Ouch!

Ouch that's tough to see.

You said you don't wan to truggify it, why is that? I'm on the same boat i just got mine yesterday but reading about everyone truggifying theirs but why not just get a Talion from the beginning then?

I'm going to run mine stock as is and enjoy it for what it is. Maybe upgrade the tires in a bit

View attachment 129457

View attachment 129458

View attachment 129460

View attachment 129461

View attachment 129462

View attachment 129463

View attachment 129464

View attachment 129465

View attachment 129466
First off, let me say thank you. I am now not the only one here who crashes big. As far as upgrades go, the few things I might change on the front of a Typhon are better suspension/hinge pin mounts, aluminum chassis braces and maybe a Hot Racing gear box. If you want to go really big, an M2C Goliath chassis might have helped. Your crash is a deal breaker where even the best upgrades would likely have failed. Replace with stock from Jennys Rc if you want to keep the budget in check.

Ouch, that is one proper crash. The damage is so important, I had to analyze the pics for a while to figure out what I was looking at. Well done...I guess? ;)

You could consider switching for spiral-cut EXB diffs. It would mean more money to spend on it and you probably don't want that now, but it could be advantageous to have the same diffs in both your Arrma RCs. Not 100% sure it's worth it to you, but it's certainly worth considering.

First off, let me say thank you. I am now not the only one here who crashes big. As far as upgrades go, the few things I might change on the front of a Typhon are better suspension/hinge pin mounts, aluminum chassis braces and maybe a Hot Racing gear box. If you want to go really big, an M2C Goliath chassis might have helped. Your crash is a deal breaker where even the best upgrades would likely have failed. Replace with stock from Jennys Rc if you want to keep the budget in check.
Only one that crashes big??? Ummm my build thread is chassis snappy bro, I split the nose off my chassis and exploded the front end...you are for sure not the only one my friend.

You said you don't wan to truggify it, why is that? I'm on the same boat i just got mine yesterday but reading about everyone truggifying theirs but why not just get a Talion from the beginning then?

I'm going to run mine stock as is and enjoy it for what it is. Maybe upgrade the tires in a bit
Typhon and talion tires aren't too great on rough terrain. I actually put belted 2.8 badlands on my typhon i left as a buggy and widened one and used the 4s outcast tires on it and my talion as well. I run the stock talion wheels on my on road stock version. My widened typhon i run senton towers so i can run a truck/bug body.
Ouch, that is one proper crash. The damage is so important, I had to analyze the pics for a while to figure out what I was looking at. Well done...I guess? ;)

You could consider switching for spiral-cut EXB diffs. It would mean more money to spend on it and you probably don't want that now, but it could be advantageous to have the same diffs in both your Arrma RCs. Not 100% sure it's worth it to you, but it's certainly worth considering.
Spiral cut are going to be 10t on the pinons instead of 13, so it'll be a little slower as well. I'm running my straight cuts in a typhon that is widened and running 4s outcast tires and so far they are holding up fine.
CRCU or M2C hinge pin blocks if you can find them in stock, either company for your center braces as well, and an aluminum servo mount. the 4mm shock stand offs and droop screws from m2c are a solid choice as well. I run all that, the chassis, and the towers on mine hahaha. I keep my street typhons close to stock. One does have the lightened m2c typhon chassis running mojave arms on hoons and i just finished a typhon running infraction towers/shocks for a more low profile look.
Oh and check your ackerman bar, it may be bent as well. Just bash it/m2c/basherqueen make upgrades. that top plate you can get stock or any of the JBI/basherqueen carbon fiber replacements.

Last edited:
Only one that crashes big??? Ummm my build thread is chassis snappy bro, I split the nose off my chassis and exploded the front end...you are for sure not the only one my friend.
Just trying to make him feel welcome

I have that same line of thinking. And I wouldn’t rule it out truggifying it in the future, but right now, I mainly run the typhon through gravel and short grass. I let the Kraton have the rougher terrains and jumps. There’s an Infraction in my future I reckon
Do you think the aluminum braces are needed on a Typhon? I’m not doing any stunt work with it. Highest its

This has crossed my mine. I like the idea of the lsd, especially how the typhon breaks the tires loose so easily and tries to spin. Diff fluid would probably calm it down some, but it’s all out of stock

😂 If the cars turn out like my helis used to, I’ll have enough extra parts to build entire buggy’s before too long without needing to order anything.
Typhon and talion tires aren't too great on rough terrain. I actually put belted 2.8 badlands on my typhon i left as a buggy and widened one and used the 4s outcast tires on it and my talion as well. I run the stock talion wheels on my on road stock version. My widened typhon i run senton towers so i can run a truck/bug body.

Spiral cut are going to be 10t on the pinons instead of 13, so it'll be a little slower as well. I'm running my straight cuts in a typhon that is widened and running 4s outcast tires and so far they are holding up fine.

CRCU or M2C hinge pin blocks if you can find them in stock, either company for your center braces as well, and an aluminum servo mount. the 4mm shock stand offs and droop screws from m2c are a solid choice as well. I run all that, the chassis, and the towers on mine hahaha. I keep my street typhons close to stock. One does have the lightened m2c typhon chassis running mojave arms on hoons and i just finished a typhon running infraction towers/shocks for a more low profile look.
Oh and check your ackerman bar, it may be bent as well. Just bash it/m2c/basherqueen make upgrades. that top plate you can get stock or any of the JBI/basherqueen carbon fiber replacements.
That’s some good info and options to look into. Thank you for that. 👍

View attachment 129457

View attachment 129458

View attachment 129460

View attachment 129461

View attachment 129462

View attachment 129463

View attachment 129464

View attachment 129465

View attachment 129466
DAM, I think you won the carnage of the day prize here.
You don't play around. You Blasted that thing.
I would just replace all with Stock for the most part. You will do this again.
There's a lot of $damage$.
Did you brick the chassis also??
Maybe some M2C upgrades (Major parts) are in order, Wallet permitting of course.
Looks like it got run over by a tractor truck in the roadway.!!!

:ROFLMAO:

Do you think the aluminum braces are needed on a Typhon? I’m not doing any stunt work with it. Highest its
I think they are. The Typhon doesn't have a tower to tower brace, so flex is multiplied in even small jumps. The metal chassis braces will help decrease that total flex. Seems like no big deal until things are stressed from being misaligned in hard landings.

DAM, I think you won the carnage of the day prize here.
You don't play around. You Blasted that thing.
I would just replace all with Stock for the most part. You will do this again.
There's a lot of $damage$.
Did you brick the chassis also??
Maybe some M2C upgrades (Major parts) are in order, Wallet permitting of course.
Looks like it got run over by a tractor truck in the roadway.!!!

:ROFLMAO:
😂 Yes, chassis is toast like most of the front end. It’s twisted up and left

I think they are. The Typhon doesn't have a tower to tower brace, so flex is multiplied in even small jumps. The metal chassis braces will help decrease that total flex. Seems like no big deal until things are stressed from being misaligned in hard landings.
Good deal, I look into them. 👍

View attachment 129457

View attachment 129458

View attachment 129460

View attachment 129461

View attachment 129462

View attachment 129463

View attachment 129464

View attachment 129465

View attachment 129466
Daaaaamnnn...you sure you let off the throttle? Lol yeah, you're right. Go BIG or home!
I really enjoy wrenching so much that I'm starting to suspect I wreck my Sentons on purpose lol
LMAO Everytime I walk into my LHS now, they automatically ask what I broke now. It was funny yesterday. Went in to buy a Hobbywing Max 6.
"Hi,so what's broken now?"
"Oh I just popped in to see if you had any Max 6s in stock"
"Yours fried?"
"No,the BLX is still good, just looking for gains and rather buy something that could be used elsewhere too".
*new leads made and soldered on Max 6 for easy drop in 6S*
*at the cash, "OH, I almost forgot, any stock Senton chassis' in stock too?"
"I knew it! I knew you broke something again!"
*didn't give him the satisfaction by mentioning the bumper too

Last edited:
I have that same line of thinking. And I wouldn’t rule it out truggifying it in the future, but right now, I mainly run the typhon through gravel and short grass. I let the Kraton have the rougher terrains and jumps. There’s an Infraction in my future I reckon

This has crossed my mine. I like the idea of the lsd, especially how the typhon breaks the tires loose so easily and tries to spin. Diff fluid would probably calm it down some, but it’s all out of stock

😂 If the cars turn out like my helis used to, I’ll have enough extra parts to build entire buggy’s before too long without needing to order anything.

That’s some good info and options to look into. Thank you for that. 👍
Got my Typhon last week, run 3 packs and have already bought the parts to Truggify. Ref. the Senton Towers, can you fit proline truck bodies, something like: https://www.mkracing.eu/proline-1966-ford-f-100-karosserie-schwarz-pro3412-18.html ?

Go big or go home, nicely done. 9.5

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back