Typhon If you crash, crash hard.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to start off, I’m a lurker, I’ve been out of the hobby from cars and helis for about five years and have just been reading different posts each day, taking in information. I feel like I’m having to relearn everything all over again. Not just information, but that whole hand/eye coordination thing too.

I’ve had my V5 for about a month now and absolutely love this thing. But I had a lapse today and it cost me. I bashed a little bit around the yard and the field next to me, decided to get it on road just to leg it out a bit. So I’m sending it down the road, maybe half throttle or so while walking to the end of the driveway for a better view. Well, I’m in a new subdivision and a house is being built next to mine. With that come all of the company advertising signs. The typhon gets out of my sight line for a split second, I just let off the throttle assuming it’s going to continue straight and come back into view fairly quick. And it did, except it had veered left. Came back into view just in time for me to see it ping dead center off of my neighbors mailbox post. And I mean one of those solid THUDS that you can feel from 100ft away.

Anytime I’ve ever crashed anything, car or heli, it’s never a little crash. If you’re gonna crash, make it count right? Haha

I plan to rebuild it back in stock form, no stretch or truggify, I like it as it is. But based on the damage you guys see, is there anything I should upgrade? The damage is bad, but I was actually expecting it to be worse than it is. However, I don’t think I’ve ever bent a diff ring gear before, it definitely has a wiggle. Lol

View attachment 129457

View attachment 129458

View attachment 129460

View attachment 129461

View attachment 129462

View attachment 129463

View attachment 129464

View attachment 129465

View attachment 129466
are you challenging me?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back