If you have any advice or knowledge about ZOP Battery's please let me know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacSpacey

Reaction score
Hello there people that are kind and full of knowledge. I come here today to ask for help amd information about the LIPO Battery's from ZOP which you can buy from Banggood for such low prices and even some guys on YouTube are bashing with em and all that I've heard about them is that they work perfectly fine. But is it perfectly fine for the price they are, or are they just perfectly fine all around? Because I am not sure what to expect from a battery pack that if I would go to my local hobby store and I buy a gensacearespammers 5000mAH 50C 3s LIPO for €50.- ( in dollars it would be $ 57.30) and I see what a ZOP would cost same 5000 mAh 50C discharge rate 3s LIPO, IT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE

The ZOP ones will set you back only in euro's €25.68 and USD $29.43

And the price difference between the
6S Lipo's are even crazier

For LIPO's 22.2v 6s with these specs
5500mAH 75C 6s LIPO

You pay here like around
150 euro = 172 dollars maybe a bit more even....
And for the ZOP ones you pay
€46.50 = $53.30

THAT IS A THIRD OF THE PRICE that a
22.2v 6s LIPO 5500mAH 75C
WOULD COST ME HERE.
SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF
Anyone has been running ZOP Battery's? Please let me know so I can make sure I don't get into trouble with the cheaper ZOP
The reason I am asking is this. (as I am going to be a new daddy, I have a serious budget that I will need to take into account)

So I can really use everyone's advice to see if I can get some MORE Juice with the SAME amount of MONEY!!!

Thanks for reading this and
thanks for your time.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Macspacey OUT
PEACE !!!

Last edited:
I heard they are awful. I guy just did a video on YT about how they puffed after a week of use.

I had some, and as @Adamj804 said they were awful. Cells were beyond mismatched, it would take 2 hours to balance them, after a run the voltages were all over the place, packs would swell and get hot. Trust me when I tell you this those batteries are cheap for a reason, they have zero qc, the cells are mismatched within the packs, the C rate isn't anywhere close to what they are advertised as and the capacity of the packs is also never close to what is on the pack.

I bought a pair of 4s 4500 mAh/45c with bangood points and a coupon code a few weeks ago. In the end I paid 30 bucks after discounts and for 30 bucks I was willing to gamble on it lmao. They haven't come in yet but when they do I can report back my thoughts.

i bought 6 2s packs for my crawler, i had very similar results as @slick2500.. 4200 mah packs that never took above 3400 back in.. and that number got worse and worse as the weeks went on.. 4 out of the 6 are no good after 2 months, the other 2 are almosy dead as well.. one will take in 2800 + or - and the other takes in 2400 + or -... keep in mind these were run in a crawler, i cant imagine putting them into something that draws good amperage...

i bought 6 2s packs for my crawler, i had very similar results as @slick2500.. 4200 mah packs that never took above 3400 back in.. and that number got worse and worse as the weeks went on.. 4 out of the 6 are no good after 2 months, the other 2 are almosy dead as well.. one will take in 2800 + or - and the other takes in 2400 + or -... keep in mind these were run in a crawler, i cant imagine putting them into something that draws good amperage...
How do you measure mAh capacity? I've always been curious but don't know how.

Wow that sounds like a good reason to stay as far away as I possibly can from this ZOP POWER Junk, isn't it? I am not stupid to think that it is magically almost half or even a third of the price without some drop in quality, but this type of horror show? That would be something that I would have bought and then like 6 packs for a discounted price for the first time (4 real I can be so stupid if it comes to nice discounts and double if I need to shave money here and there to be able to keep my hobby because my top priority is to get my son good fitting diapers and healthy food, and warm clothes and then after top 1 to4, number 5 is my RC hobby and I have just started it back up again after 10 years not having driven any form of rc car, maybe even 15 years..... Yeah closer to 15 years... Damn... But anywho..... I've been trying to get up to speed, but it has changed so much... Especially when I look at the electro RC cars, in my time it just wasn't possible to achieve those speeds and driving time that they can achieve nowadays, the only thing that was cool about electrics over nitro/gas powered back in the day was the acceleration of the cars, but the top speed was meh. And the driving time was below the 7 minute mark. So to see how far it has come, its just mind boggling. So that is why I am putting my feelers out and get as much information I can. To be sure I am getting the right things to start with (again) and see if I can get some things for a reasonable price without having to pay for it in another way, for instance corrupted cells or bloating, puffy lipo's, no thank you very much for your help and sharing your experiences. You have helped me tremendously with this reaction as I was almost at the point of ordering several battery packs feom ZOP POWER and that would have become a big disaster, as I am a person that IF SOMETHING CAN GO WRONG,.... IT WILL HAPPEN TO ME.... NOT JUST IN A LITTLE WAY, NOOOO IT WOULD ACTUALLY EXPLODE INTO A BIG BALL OF FLAMES WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF RUN TIME. SO thank you for taking the time to explain how you guys experienced the quality of your packs and saved me from the hell I would have been experiencing with those awful things from China. The local hobby store recommended me gensacearespammers Bashing Battery packs. It sounded very good and the price is reasonable for 3s lipo 5500 mAh 50C they are 50 euro's a piece that's like 58 USD. So if you were in my shoes and you were starting with the RC hobby for the first time. Is it a good idea to get a Arrma Typhon 6s to start with, or do you recommend any other types of cars that I really need to check out? Thanks for the information and I look forward to hearing from your experience with batteries and getting the right Car to work on and Bash with. Ps I am pretty good at restoration work and give the cars the service they need for them to keep running smoothly, so that is something that I enjoy doing. If I can get some good pointers on how to choose between a 3s model and a 6s model that would be a great gift for me because I am out if the hobby for so many years that I can't see the forest through the trees anymore. So any help would really mean a lot to me.
Macspacey out!
PEACE!!!

I'm all for getting a deal, I don't have an expensive batteries, but LiPo battteries are not something I'd buy from Banggood. Personally, I like to order mine from Amazon in case something goes south. Banggood would likely leave you out to dry.

To suchtragedy, I would be very interested in the opportunity to hear about what you think about the packs when you get a chance to look at the performance of them. And if you want to post your own findings here I would be much obliged. Thanks for sharing and I hope for the best for your new battery packs. And I'm very interested. I hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Macspacey

Based on what I've read in these forums people seem to like HRB and Ovonic batteries from Amazon for it's price and performance.
Discharge to 3.2 volts and fully charge it. Your charger will give you the number.
Well now I feel dumb lmao I'll give it a shot. Time to do some mythbusters stuff.

I have had good luck with gensacearespammers.

How do you measure mAh capacity? I've always been curious but don't know how.

exactly as @JvG said.. ? its the quickest dirtiest way..
ive gone down the cheap lipo rabbit hole.. ive settled on zeee for my budget batteries.. ive only bought the 3s soft packs, but they have been damn good to me for many many months now... c rating on the zeee is lower than advertised, but the mah intake on all my packs have been accurate... in some cases on some packs i have they will take 200 mah +or- more than advertised...

Last edited:
Based on what I've read in these forums people seem to like HRB and Ovonic batteries from Amazon for it's price and performance.

Well now I feel dumb lmao I'll give it a shot. Time to do some mythbusters stuff.
Don't feel dumb, it's a normal question (y) ?
At 3.2 volts a lipo is almost empty (3% left).

Wow that sounds like a good reason to stay as far away as I possibly can from this ZOP POWER Junk, isn't it? I am not stupid to think that it is magically almost half or even a third of the price without some drop in quality, but this type of horror show? That would be something that I would have bought and then like 6 packs for a discounted price for the first time (4 real I can be so stupid if it comes to nice discounts and double if I need to shave money here and there to be able to keep my hobby because my top priority is to get my son good fitting diapers and healthy food, and warm clothes and then after top 1 to4, number 5 is my RC hobby and I have just started it back up again after 10 years not having driven any form of rc car, maybe even 15 years..... Yeah closer to 15 years... Damn... But anywho..... I've been trying to get up to speed, but it has changed so much... Especially when I look at the electro RC cars, in my time it just wasn't possible to achieve those speeds and driving time that they can achieve nowadays, the only thing that was cool about electrics over nitro/gas powered back in the day was the acceleration of the cars, but the top speed was meh. And the driving time was below the 7 minute mark. So to see how far it has come, its just mind boggling. So that is why I am putting my feelers out and get as much information I can. To be sure I am getting the right things to start with (again) and see if I can get some things for a reasonable price without having to pay for it in another way, for instance corrupted cells or bloating, puffy lipo's, no thank you very much for your help and sharing your experiences. You have helped me tremendously with this reaction as I was almost at the point of ordering several battery packs feom ZOP POWER and that would have become a big disaster, as I am a person that IF SOMETHING CAN GO WRONG,.... IT WILL HAPPEN TO ME.... NOT JUST IN A LITTLE WAY, NOOOO IT WOULD ACTUALLY EXPLODE INTO A BIG BALL OF FLAMES WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES OF RUN TIME. SO thank you for taking the time to explain how you guys experienced the quality of your packs and saved me from the hell I would have been experiencing with those awful things from China. The local hobby store recommended me gensacearespammers Bashing Battery packs. It sounded very good and the price is reasonable for 3s lipo 5500 mAh 50C they are 50 euro's a piece that's like 58 USD. So if you were in my shoes and you were starting with the RC hobby for the first time. Is it a good idea to get a Arrma Typhon 6s to start with, or do you recommend any other types of cars that I really need to check out? Thanks for the information and I look forward to hearing from your experience with batteries and getting the right Car to work on and Bash with. Ps I am pretty good at restoration work and give the cars the service they need for them to keep running smoothly, so that is something that I enjoy doing. If I can get some good pointers on how to choose between a 3s model and a 6s model that would be a great gift for me because I am out if the hobby for so many years that I can't see the forest through the trees anymore. So any help would really mean a lot to me.
Macspacey out!
PEACE!!!

100% don't doubt your decision on the 6s typhon.. you can run it on 3s all the way up to 6s.. 3s will be slow.. lol.. but its possible.. you honestly cant go wrong because you will want to get a 6s anyway.. so save the money now instead of spending it later.. don't get me wrong the 3s and 4s line is just as much fun.. but unless you for sure plan to buy another rig, then i would just get the 6s now..

100% don't doubt your decision on the 6s typhon.. you can run it on 3s all the way up to 6s.. 3s will be slow.. lol.. but its possible.. you honestly cant go wrong because you will want to get a 6s anyway.. so save the money now instead of spending it later.. don't get me wrong the 3s and 4s line is just as much fun.. but unless you for sure plan to buy another rig, then i would just get the 6s now..
Agreed. Eventually you'll want a 6s no matter what it takes. Especially if you watch youtube videos and participate in the forum here more. They're irresistible in my opinion. Hard to not want every one of em.
As for budget, I can understand concerns. If you have a hobby shop that can allow you to get your hands on a 3s and a 6s to compare side by side, I think you'd find it an enlightening exercise. Honestly no need to drive both. Just get them on a bench and look at all the details of each respectively.

Bang for buck you can't go wrong with Turnigy HD batteries.

3s https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...108&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

6s brick - as a warning this beast barely fits in the battery tray and you must remove the sliding retainer from the front of the battery tray. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-battery-heavy-duty-5000mah-6s-60c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html

20200309_175500.jpg

Prices are in USD and may be outdated.
ONE YEAR TESTING SUMMARY.jpg

Bang for buck you can't go wrong with Turnigy HD batteries.

3s https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...108&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

6s brick - as a warning this beast barely fits in the battery tray and you must remove the sliding retainer from the front of the battery tray. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-battery-heavy-duty-5000mah-6s-60c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html

View attachment 69103

Prices are in USD and may be outdated.
View attachment 69096

I have a 4s and 3s pack and quite like them. Thanks for the info on the 6s.

Somewhat new at Hobby King. I'm very tempted to try one. Haven't checked for fit.
https://bit.ly/3cL2nkU

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back