If you like AVC or thinking about it, check this out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
NOTE: I am not trying to push AVC. More here dislike it than those who like it

I DO NOT feel AVC is for everyone. I like to stay on the ground with small/medium flat jumps (Dukes of Hazzrads style), I'm not into forward/backflips. Sending it is not what I care or want to do. I like technical driving with control to enjoy, and max the limited time I have to bash.

The first video popped up in my YT feed, 7yrs old. It's a good example of different drivers using AVC off and full-on. This is more of my style, although I've never been to a track. The loose surfaces, the flat jumps I find at parks/golf courses, construction sites, etc, would be similar. I'm not soft on the throttle I get full-on and bash'em.

AVC for those who send it, love to jump, flip, etc the rotation/correction of the wheels will NOT work in your favor Ramps and things like that will not be favorable. No ramps for me.

My experience is with Spektrum AVC and rx only. I do use a DX5C. I personally feel you cannot get the best AVC experience with a DX3 or any single AVC knob radio. The DX5C allows control of all 3 AVC settings. One setting does not fit all rigs for the DX5 or single knob. Steering, Throttle, and Priority gains for my Kraton EXB with HW ESC/motor are 55/0/100, which is not the same for my Talion EXB at 55/15/35 with stock motor HW ESC. It takes a lot of time and effort to get the right settings. Once you have it, pure fun..or cheating, whatever you want to call it. I'm no racer, :LOL: Although I prefer NOT to lose any throttle. The Talion is a perfect example at 6S I can dog it, but at 15% throttle reduction allows full power drifting out of a loose curve and not spinout. Do I feel the reduction, no. I do gain a lot more fun in continuing my RC bashing journey. More like that even with the Prioitory option, where some of my 6S bashers are at 100, and some are at 35 or 40 for Priority. Again, each rig is different, tires, surface, etc. The first video is good for showing parts of this.

Again, just sharing the video if anyone here is new/old were interested in AVC. I am only 3yrs in so totally get why those vets don't care for it...and new school folks. Wrong setup, you will hate AVC.

Offrad AVC testing

Another old one but just a good explanation of the 3 AVC settings for those who find AVC not working on the single knob control check this one out. It is a night/day difference in my opinion with the 3 setting options for AVC.

Interesting, thanks! I will have to wait until later to watch the videos, but I did not know there were 3 aspects to AVC. That sounds pretty good.

My only exposure to something similar is Traxxas' TSM system, on my only vehicle (6S 4WD). I haven't gotten to play with it on loose surfaces yet, but even on grass, I've found that turning it on to a low value can make it feel more stable and planted, when standing on the gas. It's less likely to wiggle and wander off-course. Unfortunately, this is, so far as I know, just 1 control, you can only turn it up or down.

Having 3 aspects available to set sounds really nice for being able to customize it to your vehicle, conditions, and preferences!

For me it was crucial to have AVC. I didnt and still don't have enough space and so without AVC I would have been smashing into parking cars :/

Now I turn it off on loose dirt and grass and Im fine.

The fine tuning options sound interesting and I have no clue what they are or mean haha.

But then the receiver can be used in any car so I ll be able to try

I love TSM on all 7 of my TRA cars. I have AVC on the Infraction and Vendetta and so far I am not a fan of AVC by comparison, but I only got those late last year and they both have the simple adjustment on the DX3. The FireTeam and Typhon all have the SLT3 so no AVC.

I recently got an RC6GS with 2 R7FG receivers to try their gyro since I see a lot of people here and on YT using that for street bashers and speed runs. I haven't installed it yet, but I am hoping to get it in 2 of my cars by Sunday when the weather turns nice.

NOTE: I am not trying to push AVC. More here dislike it than those who like it

I DO NOT feel AVC is for everyone. I like to stay on the ground with small/medium flat jumps (Dukes of Hazzrads style), I'm not into forward/backflips. Sending it is not what I care or want to do. I like technical driving with control to enjoy, and max the limited time I have to bash.

The first video popped up in my YT feed, 7yrs old. It's a good example of different drivers using AVC off and full-on. This is more of my style, although I've never been to a track. The loose surfaces, the flat jumps I find at parks/golf courses, construction sites, etc, would be similar. I'm not soft on the throttle I get full-on and bash'em.

AVC for those who send it, love to jump, flip, etc the rotation/correction of the wheels will NOT work in your favor Ramps and things like that will not be favorable. No ramps for me.

My experience is with Spektrum AVC and rx only. I do use a DX5C. I personally feel you cannot get the best AVC experience with a DX3 or any single AVC knob radio. The DX5C allows control of all 3 AVC settings. One setting does not fit all rigs for the DX5 or single knob. Steering, Throttle, and Priority gains for my Kraton EXB with HW ESC/motor are 55/0/100, which is not the same for my Talion EXB at 55/15/35 with stock motor HW ESC. It takes a lot of time and effort to get the right settings. Once you have it, pure fun..or cheating, whatever you want to call it. I'm no racer, :LOL: Although I prefer NOT to lose any throttle. The Talion is a perfect example at 6S I can dog it, but at 15% throttle reduction allows full power drifting out of a loose curve and not spinout. Do I feel the reduction, no. I do gain a lot more fun in continuing my RC bashing journey. More like that even with the Prioitory option, where some of my 6S bashers are at 100, and some are at 35 or 40 for Priority. Again, each rig is different, tires, surface, etc. The first video is good for showing parts of this.

Again, just sharing the video if anyone here is new/old were interested in AVC. I am only 3yrs in so totally get why those vets don't care for it...and new school folks. Wrong setup, you will hate AVC.

Offrad AVC testing

Another old one but just a good explanation of the 3 AVC settings for those who find AVC not working on the single knob control check this one out. It is a night/day difference in my opinion with the 3 setting options for AVC.
So your saying I need a Dx5(c) to really gain any functionality with AVC.

Interesting, thanks! I will have to wait until later to watch the videos, but I did not know there were 3 aspects to AVC. That sounds pretty good.

My only exposure to something similar is Traxxas' TSM system, on my only vehicle (6S 4WD). I haven't gotten to play with it on loose surfaces yet, but even on grass, I've found that turning it on to a low value can make it feel more stable and planted, when standing on the gas. It's less likely to wiggle and wander off-course. Unfortunately, this is, so far as I know, just 1 control, you can only turn it up or down.

Having 3 aspects available to set sounds really nice for being able to customize it to your vehicle, conditions, and preferences!

I think avc is one of the only things spektrum has done well. I wish I had it in all my rigs but no way I'm paying those rx prices.
Tend to agree...it's one item they have done a lot of videos and time on. Nothing recent, unfortunately. Radios like the DX5C and others...nothing at all to the dept of AVC. Go figure 🤷‍♂️

You lost me at avc. What is it?
Good come back :LOL:

So your saying I need a Dx5(c) to really gain any functionality with AVC.
Yes, DX5C or Spektrum better radios that provide the AVC menus so you can see all 3 AVC settings. Without it, you have AVC on a single-knob radio but you are only controlling the Steering Rate and not the other two which are fixed.

You cannot base AVC as good/bad on a radio like a DX3. You're not getting all the AVC controls. You could still dislike it, but it judging something without seeing all the options.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 2.59.34 PM.png

I think avc is one of the only things spektrum has done well. I wish I had it in all my rigs but no way I'm paying those rx prices.
IKR!!

Why I buy them from our good fam members here. I stock up on the receivers cheap here since they cost WAY too much.

For those who d want to try AVC but not pay the Spektrum prices, here in the UK we got this Dumbo RC tx + 2x rx-es. and they come w a gyro, so should pretty much be like AVC on dx3. don't know about the extra options parcou mentions :/

For those who d want to try AVC but not pay the Spektrum prices, here in the UK we got this Dumbo RC tx + 2x rx-es. and they come w a gyro, so should pretty much be like AVC on dx3. don't know about the extra options parcou mentions :/
I bought a DumboRC Tx/Rx but had a heck of a time trying to bind it with my Traxxas stuff. I will need to dig it out and give it a try with a Typhon. I also just got an RC6GS and 2 R7FG receivers w/ gyro to try but I haven't installed it in a rig yet.

I have also heard good things on this forum about the SkyRC GC301 gyros that can work with any radio as it simply adjusts the steering servo input. I have one in my next Amazon cart so I can try it out and compare it to DX3 AVC, TRA TSM, and the R7FG gyro.

2023-02-10_06h13_45.png

2023-02-10_06h18_33.png

I dislike AVC for offroad vehicles: I have a Losi Baja Rey where AVC would turn my car unexpectedly to the right every few feet for no reason at all. Turning AVC down didn't solve the problem but disabling it entirely using the bind button (link below) finally made the car drivable.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...isabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&FORM=VDRE)

I can see where AVC could be an advantage for road vehicles, but IMO it serves little purpose not for offroad vehicles.

I dislike AVC for offroad vehicles: I have a Losi Baja Rey where AVC would turn my car unexpectedly to the right every few feet for no reason at all. Turning AVC down didn't solve the problem but disabling it entirely using the bind button (link below) finally made the car drivable.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&qpvt=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&view=detail&mid=5E508F8998F3F79F074F5E508F8998F3F79F074F&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&qpvt=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&FORM=VDRE)

I can see where AVC could be an advantage for road vehicles, but IMO it serves little purpose not for offroad vehicles.
That can simply be a bad receiver. There are known issues w these, such as in reverse, AVC would randomly turn your tires making it rather dangerous to reverse fast

That can simply be a bad receiver. There are known issues w these, such as in reverse, AVC would randomly turn your tires making it rather dangerous to reverse fast
I prefer not to use Spektrum receivers. All the receivers in my bashers, except the one in my Baja Rey, have been converted to Radiolink. Some of the Radiolink receivers have gyros, most do not. The ones without gyros are $17, the ones with gyros are $20. Compare that to around $50 each for Spektrum receivers with AVC, and you can see why I have ten of the Radiolinks.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&qpvt=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&view=detail&mid=5E508F8998F3F79F074F5E508F8998F3F79F074F&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&qpvt=disabling+AVC+in+Spektrum+receievers&FORM=VDRE)

Sorry about that my friend. I only have one on-road car, the Infraction. All the others with AVC are bashers from 3S to the 6S and the Losi. This is odd behavior for sure but not the normal behavior for Spektrum AVC. One of the main and biggest functions of Spektrum AVC is head holding to keep it straight. Keep in mind when you set or adjust your endpoints, etc., you do NEED to rebind and recalibrate AVC. This way the AVC knows how to find the center when those points have been changed. AVC always tries to keep the rig straight, which I get perfectly bashing off-road on bumpy grounds.

Again, sorry for the bad experience...

I AVC or Traxxas TMS on most of my rigs - both on-road and off-road - and found it works well.
On the Traxxas rigs, there is not much to adjust (either on or off).
I run AVC receivers in my Horizon rigs - DBXL E-2, Felony, Super Rock Rey, and Fireteam (pulled out handbrake and tossed in an AVC receiver).
I have these receivers bound to either a DX5C or DX5Pro transmitter, which allows for fine tuning of the AVC response - as mentioned above, this control is what really makes AVC stand out.
AVC really helps when running on slicker surfaces - wet grass, or on ice or packed snow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back