If you own both a 3s/4s Arrma AND a 6S Arrma, I have a question.

Which is more durable out of the box?

• 3S Arrma

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • 4S Arrma

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • 6S Arrma

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
For those of you who own both a 3S/4S Arrma as well as a 6S model, stock for stock which did you find the most durable out of the box?

My answer is with an *.
I own a V1 Kraton 6S and a Granite 3S.

Out of the box on 4S, the Kraton was seemingly unbreakable minus the factory wing mount.
But if we are comparing stated named lipo size (6S vs 3S) I would say the 3S.

When I switched to 6S on the Kraton things started breaking.

Given that.......how should I vote?

My answer is with an *.
I own a V1 Kraton 6S and a Granite 3S.

Out of the box on 4S, the Kraton was seemingly unbreakable minus the factory wing mount.
But if we are comparing stated named lipo size (6S vs 3S) I would say the 3S.

When I switched to 6S on the Kraton things started breaking.

Given that.......how should I vote?
3S!

I think the question should be which needs the least work before you bash them ?

3s/4s cars need the adjustable motor mount as standard because the tight mesh and dirt ingress are why so many blow motor bearings. Shocks need full rebuilds too ? and the plastics can be questionable

6s needs alloy chassis braces at least but that's about it for durability if you want some average bashing. All of the materials are better too. Plastics are thicker and more pliable, gears are steel and links are oversized. 6s takes the biscuit ?

I think the question should be which needs the least work before you bash them ?

3s/4s cars need the adjustable motor mount as standard because the tight mesh and dirt ingress are why so many blow motor bearings. Shocks need full rebuilds too ? and the plastics can be questionable

6s needs alloy chassis braces at least but that's about it for durability if you want some average bashing. All of the materials are better too. Plastics are thicker and more pliable, gears are steel and links are oversized. 6s takes the biscuit ?

When I think "Durable" I think what can I drive the longest before a critical failure. Most of what you listed isnt 100% necessary

I voted 3S. The lighter truck can take more abuse before something breaks. There are also less parts to break. My Kraton 6S broke arms, bent the chassis, bent dogbones, bent the steering rack and destroyed diffs. Granted I was a terrible driver when I got it ? My granite 3S BLX broke next to nothing other than driveshafts and I've since learned how to set the slipper.

The only things I had issues with on the 3s as far as actual durability goes are the front a arms and steering links if you send it like a 6s model. The fixes are cheaper than the 6s models as well. You can easily have $800+ in a 6s model, the 3s even including radio and bearings you could easily stay under $500.
I voted 3S. The lighter truck can take more abuse before something breaks. There are also less parts to break. My Kraton 6S broke arms, bent the chassis, bent dogbones, bent the steering rack and destroyed diffs. Granted I was a terrible driver when I got it ? My granite 3S BLX broke next to nothing other than driveshafts and I've since learned how to set the slipper.
The 3s models are way easier to wrench on as well.

I'd have to say my Granite blx. It's a earlier model with Tactic. Had no leaky shocks or slipper problems. Little tank for the $. Would like to get another one for someone else to run with me but won't buy new again with a throw away radio.

Both 4s trucks were bought day they dropped. Arms were weak, broke on both trucks, had 2 leaky shocks on K4S OTB, slipper issues with both. Like the Kraton better out of the two.

Both 6S trucks also bought day they dropped. Like the K6S better. On 4s they held up well OTB, but if you jump hard especially on 6s things begin to break. Of course good driving on 4 wheels help but if not you will bend and break parts. Good aftermarket support will help with those issues. Bought Voltage everything at the time. Love the K6S though.

My favorite is a toss up depending on where I run, torn between my trusty Granite blx and K6S, this is my opinion on the matter ?

When I think "Durable" I think what can I drive the longest before a critical failure. Most of what you listed isnt 100% necessary
They were for me man! My Typhon motor bearing was about to fail but I caught it in time. But I guess not everyone has had this problem. And I would never jump a 6s without upgraded chassis braces... probably the most necessary upgrade there is for the 6s!

They were for me man! My Typhon motor bearing was about to fail but I caught it in time. But I guess not everyone has had this problem. And I would never jump a 6s without upgraded chassis braces... probably the most necessary upgrade there is for the 6s!
I have a V1 kraton and frequently air it out and I've never bent a chassis

I have a V1 kraton and frequently air it out and I've never bent a chassis
The V1-3s were fine without it but now with the V4's you'll want the alloy chassis braces to work alongside the tower brace, or you'll most likely break the stock plastic ones after some hard landings... there's plenty of threads about it

I have the 6s outcast v2 bickety and really my mega burned motor out, my 4s outcast is still good and my 6s stripped a wheel out

I’m crazy. I voted K4s!

Too many front flips led to this today on trump tuck.(granite) first real breakage for me. Totally the trucks fault! ;)
08D13696-2F29-4AA3-B47C-29B7FE3FBC0D.jpeg

For those of you who own both a 3S/4S Arrma as well as a 6S model, stock for stock which did you find the most durable out of the box?
Truth be told Ed, my 3s Granite has only one mod and that's 6s Typhon rear shocks. Everything else is bone stock and this truck can take a licking. I love my 6s, but the costs involved are exponential compared to running the 3s ones. Breakages on 3s are also very inexpensive and easy to fix. It's a tough call. I really do put my 6s truck and buggy to the test most of the time, and the speeds are addicting, but the costs mount up way too fast. In the end, I'm happy to be able to afford to have both options, but if I had bought a 3s first, I'm not sure I would have ever ended up buying into the 6s line.

The V1-3s were fine without it but now with the V4's you'll want the alloy chassis braces to work alongside the tower brace, or you'll most likely break the stock plastic ones after some hard landings... there's plenty of threads about it

No no, I have a V1 6S. I have never broke or bent a chassis on either my 3S or my 6S arrma vehicles.

Back