Typhon Im buying almost a brand new typhon with upgrades today stuff i must know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
So today im going to test a typhon 3s who only ran 3-4 times if everything goes right shes going ti be mine it comes with tbone chassi skidplate bumpers front and rear bumper weird blue hot racing shocks front and rear and 2 brand new 2s 6000mah zippy lipos for 320usd going to maybe sell the stuffs put my shocks i have and lipos the car would cost me in reality instead 190ish$$ so i jumped immedietly on it. Comes with no radio i don't want another crappy stx2(im putting my kraton 4s stx2 for now lol)

My concerns are is does the typhon 3s have issues with bearings exploding i have 0 warranty from horizon i don't want the bearing to crap on me lol maybe its coming with the large new bearing i heard recently and ordering a ceramic bearing from ebay seller acer racing is going to take like... a month last time it took a month and a week to get to my box pretty ridiculous. Im going to test drive the typhon inspect it entirely also to see if it doesn't have the lvc issue we know the new models are suffering from its okay to test them on 2s or i need 3s to test the lvc? Anything else i should check? Car has ic5 connectors and i run has xt90?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

1.Go for it, seems like good deal.

2.Get some upgraded bearings and then you don’t have to worry about a bearing exploding.

3. Use some paragraphs!!! It’s hard to understand your questions when there is just a giant wall of words in front of you. Haha?
I have jimsbearings for the drivetrain coming for my kraton 4s atm they will fit the typhon exept the hubs bearings

If you can test on 3s then I’d do that. Either way with your experience from the K4s you’ll be good and can tell if it’s toasted.

Let’s say the esc/motor does end up with a major defect in time, You’d be minimum $120 or so if you replace both? Add that back into your budget and if it’s still a good deal to you then go for it.

If you go through with it I’d like to see a size comparison to the K4s.

She is mine completly brand new going to change the connectors for xt90 to run my 3s and he told me if i want in 2 weeks to go to the hobbyshop he bought it from to print a new receip on my name
Same exact diffs and motor mount.
Yes but a lot lighter and 3s
You don't see almost anyone running arround posting their 3s truck differentials are exploding
2 zippy lipos who are going to get put up for sale the blue shocks front and rear already have put mine in the front and the reagr is going to be the 4s hot racing shocks with 6s shafts and rod ends because they don't quite fit and i need to change the oil for something a lot lighter
D72722AB-9D42-4E73-8DC6-05ABDEC8D852.jpeg

And stx2 for 15$
Stock shocks for 10$

Sweet. Glad you got a good deal. (y)

My K4s has been good as far as motor plate and diffs go. Just don’t go all experimenting with weights and fluids. Let it go stock for awhile. :cool:

Oof i broke an A arm because of stupid stock servo who cant turn i have put the kraton 4s stock servo and works like a charm now kinda sad i need to pm the seller who was selling a lot of parts mostly for it and he has rpm arms lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back