Felony I'm cheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Vylan

If you're in control, you're not going fast enough
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Okay, I'm going to fess up here. I've been a loyal fan of the Arrma brand for a whopping 6 months now. Started by purchasing a Senton 3s BLX (Love it). Then I went on to purchase the Kraton EXB (Really love it). Then I had to have the Felony (Wet dreams).

So you may all be wondering, how is this guy cheating? Why is this guy cheating? What brand did he cheat on us?

As much as I'm going to continue to be a loyal Arrma fan I need to get somthin' different, some strange, some "over there" admiration. I started on a cold drizzly night, the laptop on my lap (so appropriate) called my name. Hey you... stop searching the forum for upgrades, stop looking to say "Welcome", come over here and look at something new and shiny. So, I did. I started searching up stuff about on-road specific cars. But what was I looking for? What would satisfy my internal desires and needs? Hmmm.

THE STORY CONTINUES:
I know, I know... get to the frickin point dude.

I wanted a 1/10 scale RC that was made for turning, sliding, and handling.
Not a drifter
Not a speed machine
A nice clean small version of the Felony (kinda sorta)

I found plenty of options but they were all kits and stuff that just did not make me go "that's cool"
So, I bought my first Traxxas (yes, I said it) shame on me, I know. But Arrma simply does not make a 1/10 scale all road.
I bought the Ford GT licensed RC. The first thing I did was to upgrade the ESC/Motor. I then purchased the BMW M3 GT2 (E92) BODY kit (BADD A$$)
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/17548
Needless to say, it's super fun to drive and looks all that! Pics to follow.

Anyway, I hope my confession has cleared my conscious and I can carry on with my cheating, addiction, and overall obsession with this amazing hobby.

Go fast and never look back~

Okay, I'm going to fess up here. I've been a loyal fan of the Arrma brand for a whopping 6 months now. Started by purchasing a Senton 3s BLX (Love it). Then I went on to purchase the Kraton EXB (Really love it). Then I had to have the Felony (Wet dreams).

So you may all be wondering, how is this guy cheating? Why is this guy cheating? What brand did he cheat on us?

As much as I'm going to continue to be a loyal Arrma fan I need to get somthin' different, some strange, some "over there" admiration. I started on a cold drizzly night, the laptop on my lap (so appropriate) called my name. Hey you... stop searching the forum for upgrades, stop looking to say "Welcome", come over here and look at something new and shiny. So, I did. I started searching up stuff about on-road specific cars. But what was I looking for? What would satisfy my internal desires and needs? Hmmm.

THE STORY CONTINUES:
I know, I know... get to the frickin point dude.

I wanted a 1/10 scale RC that was made for turning, sliding, and handling.
Not a drifter
Not a speed machine
A nice clean small version of the Felony (kinda sorta)

I found plenty of options but they were all kits and stuff that just did not make me go "that's cool"
So, I bought my first Traxxas (yes, I said it) shame on me, I know. But Arrma simply does not make a 1/10 scale all road.
I bought the Ford GT licensed RC. The first thing I did was to upgrade the ESC/Motor. I then purchased the BMW M3 GT2 (E92) BODY kit (BADD A$$)
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/17548
Needless to say, it's super fun to drive and looks all that! Pics to follow.

Anyway, I hope my confession has cleared my conscious and I can carry on with my cheating, addiction, and overall obsession with this amazing hobby.

Go fast and never look back~
The 4 tec is a great car, I’ve owned one and @LibertyMKiii is making a speed run car kinda sorta from some 4tec parts?

Embarrassed Shame GIF

;) ?

So does this mean he has to drive his car around "naked" without the body on? :D
I will do that tomorrow.
Under your name you have a solution score of 1, how does one get a solution score on this forum?
That is a good question that I actually asked just the other day. Honestly, I do not know when and how I received that one. I thought I should be awarded for a recent solution and pinged Woody. The following was his answer.

Well the "solutions" is what you earn. The actual thread type is a question thread - https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/question-and-answer-threads.29392/

Okay, since I was curious I posted a "Question" topic.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-is-the-best-surface-to-run-your-felony-on.30175/

I do not see where you set "allow question actions"

Last edited:
Owning another brand is fine - and it's very nice that it's not banned to discuss other brands here. I (and others) own many brands. RC is a hobby, not a brand. Most of the major brands have at least 1 great vehicle.

:)

Under your name you have a solution score of 1, how does one get a solution score on this forum?
Looks fairly straight forward, once the post is created the responding post has the ability to be flagged as a solution. I hope that helps.

(Mark as solution)

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 9.36.57 AM.png

1/10 on road speeds are up there in 100's. A challenge. The 4Tec needs some work to get there. Some say too fragile out the box. But enjoy the ride. 1/10 is also easy on the pocket. (y)
Its all good. Its always good to have something different or you get bored. RC should not be boring, it should be challenging, or you are doing something wrong. ?‍♂️ :cool:

I love the Traxxas 4tec platform / Ford GT
It is a far cry from race brand 1/10 on-road cars but with some small changes it does very well. It is hard to beat the aftermarket parts availability.

These cars really do best with setups that peak around 50mph and are a blast to zip around a parking lot. Best part is Tires are CHEAP!

My recommendation is the below 3 upgrades.

1. Front upper a-arm setup that triangulates for support
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-8305...s=Traxxas+4-Tec+2.0+gpm&qid=1605723384&sr=8-2

2. The rear brace that uses a single link. The one with double links tends to have interference with the tires.
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-8305...=Traxxas+4-Tec+2.0+gpm&qid=1605723384&sr=8-11

3. Hot racing motor mount

I ended up making my own rear brace with extra 4tec rear links, which makes triangulation and avoids tire interference.
bracingCapture.JPG

For other parts
STRC wheel hex is nice and their adjustable shock body works with the original caps and springs. Easy and cheap upgrade to make them adjustable (y)

I love the Traxxas 4tec platform / Ford GT
It is a far cry from race brand 1/10 on-road cars but with some small changes it does very well. It is hard to beat the aftermarket parts availability.

These cars really do best with setups that peak around 50mph and are a blast to zip around a parking lot. Best part is Tires are CHEAP!

My recommendation is the below 3 upgrades.

1. Front upper a-arm setup that triangulates for support
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-8305...s=Traxxas+4-Tec+2.0+gpm&qid=1605723384&sr=8-2

2. The rear brace that uses a single link. The one with double links tends to have interference with the tires.
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-8305...=Traxxas+4-Tec+2.0+gpm&qid=1605723384&sr=8-11

3. Hot racing motor mount

I ended up making my own rear brace with extra 4tec rear links, which makes triangulation and avoids tire interference.
View attachment 109712

For other parts
STRC wheel hex is nice and their adjustable shock body works with the original caps and springs. Easy and cheap upgrade to make them adjustable (y)
Purchasing and purchasing again. BAM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back