I'm confused, granite stutters badly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blxer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
When I put granite on ground, it stutters badly! When I hold wheels off ground, it seems fine. When i roll it on ground back and forth by hand it moves freely.

Please help!
Thanks in advance....

First possibility: you need a higher C battery, sounds like you aren't getting enough power off the line. that or go to a smaller spur.

Second possibility is your slipper clutch is too loose.

Thanks!
I had to put a 60a hobbypower esc with the 3650kv 4 pole because my 80a blx esc went out. I'm thinkin about ordering a hobbywing 120a esc, I don't think the 60a is able to push the motor under load. Hobbico told me to mail esc, copy of email, and a copy of receipt. I might do that down the road, after I buy the 120a, :D

P.s. I tried a 3s 30c, and no change, just warmed the esc up real good. :) It was worth a try though!

Yeah... the stuttering is also has to do with it not being sensored too... little electrical glitches and a bunch of power... no way to really stop it, can just add a sensored motor to the 120a in the future... youll be set!
Gonna go with the 120a esc from hobbywing too!
The idea of 4s in the future sounds tempting! The idea of a sensored motor sounds good too....
Couldnt do it with a sidwinder 3

You should be able to get it 99% stutter free even with it being sensorless. I assume it is programmable? If so, try moving around the timing and/or PWM frequency. Keep a close eye on motor and esc temps when trying new settings.

You should be able to get it 99% stutter free even with it being sensorless. I assume it is programmable? If so, try moving around the timing and/or PWM frequency. Keep a close eye on motor and esc temps when trying new settings.

Yes, it's the programmable type, fortunately. I have one in my ruckus, and it is super smooth. Thanks for the tips on timing, I've done some reading on it but, still in the dark a little.

Yea thats rt
When using the program card change the 8th setting (timing) down from 5 to a 3/4. I have heard 0 works. Didnt try it 3 got me driving smookth an steady at low speeds....almist forgot i did that

First possibility: you need a higher C battery, sounds like you aren't getting enough power off the line. that or go to a smaller spur.

Second possibility is your slipper clutch is too loose.
I second the slipper clutch! Gotta give it a check. Could be wore out or just super loose. I hope it's not like my case where the diff was shot :/

Just sent my esc and motor from my granite blx, it had the same problem.. What would be the best upgrade replacement for these? If it went once im sure its gonna do it again and prob right when my warranty runs out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back