Kraton I'm convinced my servo mount is not on right please advise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qasim2021

Everyday as it comes...
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
This is how my servo mount is currently on but does no look right or feel right can you please advise.

Attachments

• 15904989009275541879764525215975.jpg
    15904989009275541879764525215975.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 15904989295535471298285802061377.jpg
    15904989295535471298285802061377.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 157
Looks like the servo is too tall. Did the mount come with any spacers to raise it up? If not you will need to shim it at the chassis or space up the servo ears.

Looks like you damaged the servo tabs when you tightened it while it was bottomed out on the chassis.

You need a taller servo mount or spacers to lift the servo if you want to be able to use it. I hope you can still used this servo. It looks like the tabs are deformed quite a lot.

It appears that the mount isn't tall enough based on the bent servo tabs in the mount. The stock set up should've had rubber tabs that fit under the screws to the mount that will help make up the difference. I'm not at home so can't send you a pic.

I'm definitely no pro but it looks like the servo may b a bit too tall.... my v4 had two stock spacers under the rubber on the mounting tabs. If u have those u may try reinstalling them. It look like your mounting tabs are bent down a bit because the bottom of the servo is hitting the chassis

Looks like the servo is too tall. Did the mount come with any spacers to raise it up? If not you will need to shim it at the chassis or space up the servo ears.

Thanks dude I knew something was wrong its not steering properly also do you know if this servo horn should be exactly 90 degree or off a bit as I can't get it to 90 degree at all. And where exactly should the shims go mate I'm having issues with my steering rack too its a mess will upload pictures if you can help with that too please ?

To get the most left and right steering remove the horn, turn the radio and car on, turn your steering trim to neutral, make the wheels as straight as you can, reattach the horn as Without moving anything. You will still need to trim it out a little but left And right steering will be close to the same.

To get the most left and right steering remove the horn, turn the radio and car on, turn your steering trim to neutral, make the wheels as straight as you can, reattach the horn as Without moving anything. You will still need to trim it out a little but left And right steering will be close to the same.

Are the left and the right turnbuckles supposed to be the same length as when I put it on and make them the same one wheel is really out

Can someone provide a link to some shims/spacers and screws for my server as mine are stripped and I want to put this back together right.

Are the left and the right turnbuckles supposed to be the same length as when I put it on and make them the same one wheel is really out
the wheels are supposed to be slightly turned outward. You want it so each wheel is pointed out a couple degrees. This helps the car go in a straight line.
Can someone provide a link to some shims/spacers and screws for my server as mine are stripped and I want to put this back together right.
These will go under the servo for correct height. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Servo-spac...383541073790?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
The hardware list is in the manual, a hobbyshop can help with hardware but will be annoyed if you did not buy the model from them or at least buy something other than screws.

the wheels are supposed to be slightly turned outward. You want it so each wheel is pointed out a couple degrees. This helps the car go in a straight line.

These will go under the servo for correct height. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Servo-spac...383541073790?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
The hardware list is in the manual, a hobbyshop can help with hardware but will be annoyed if you did not buy the model from them or at least buy something other than screws.

Thanks but will these do instead as they are from UK and are these supposed to go on top of the mount or on top of the servo?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back